shape
carat
color
clarity

The new WF ES 2.32 J SI at last!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

CluelessManInSC

Rough_Rock
Your ring is lovely. In particular, the prongs look fantastic. That has been something that really concerns me. Any suggestions on where to go for Prong-spiration or what to tell the person designing the ring to ensure smaller prongs? I was looking for a diamond between 1.7 and 2.1, so while I would like smaller prongs, I don''t want the stone popping out.

30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 11:50:55 PM
Author: CluelessManInSC
Your ring is lovely. In particular, the prongs look fantastic. That has been something that really concerns me. Any suggestions on where to go for Prong-spiration or what to tell the person designing the ring to ensure smaller prongs? I was looking for a diamond between 1.7 and 2.1, so while I would like smaller prongs, I don't want the stone popping out.

30.gif
Not Mara
2.gif
but I'll chime in anyway!
1.gif

My personal pet-peeve is an otherwise fabulous ring with a head that look like an afterthought... heavy, sharp, chunky, blocky prong shafts and huge, distracting prong tips.
14.gif

For a head with a look like Mara's, just tell the jeweler that you want the diamond set as low as possible, and the prongs to be fluid, smooth, scoopy, swoopy, curvy, squatty, polished and with tips as tiny and delicate as possible (while of course still being safe).

ETA: Just re-read this... this may well be a PS record for the most adjectives in one short post!
20.gif
2.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2006 11:11:52 AM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 11/22/2006 11:50:55 PM
Author: CluelessManInSC
Your ring is lovely. In particular, the prongs look fantastic. That has been something that really concerns me. Any suggestions on where to go for Prong-spiration or what to tell the person designing the ring to ensure smaller prongs? I was looking for a diamond between 1.7 and 2.1, so while I would like smaller prongs, I don''t want the stone popping out.

30.gif
Not Mara
2.gif
but I''ll chime in anyway!
1.gif

My personal pet-peeve is an otherwise fabulous ring with a head that look like an afterthought... heavy, sharp, chunky, blocky prong shafts and huge, distracting prong tips.
14.gif

For a head with a look like Mara''s, just tell the jeweler that you want the diamond set as low as possible, and the prongs to be fluid, smooth, scoopy, swoopy, curvy, squatty, polished and with tips as tiny and delicate as possible (while of course still being safe).

ETA: Just re-read this... this may well be a PS record for the most adjectives in one short post!
20.gif
2.gif
9.gif
hi clueless. yes i love my head on my ring!! it''s more dainty than it looks in those magnified photos...WF did a great job on the head.

Lynn''s post is pretty much what I would have said. I love thin prongs on a large stone, and you can go thinner than mine....with 6 prongs I think that thinner is totally doable because you have more protection for the stone due to the 6 vs 4. I asked for swoopy, scoopy, squatty, low set into the head, thin prongs, super tiny prong tips. I could even have gone a bit thinner on the prongs, but the tips are PERFECT!! anyhow the more detailed you are the better, and if you are having it custom made, ask to see the wax first so you can get an idea of how things are shaping up. bottom line though is that even if the wax looks blocky, they can still make the prongs and tips tinier, it''s ''finishing'' work at the end. so if you see the finished product and the prongs aren''t sharp looking enough, just have them shave off a bit more until it''s what you want! good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results