shape
carat
color
clarity

The new WF ES 2.32 J SI at last!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks gals i am SO loving the nail polish color for sure...talk about a fun find!!! plus what better excuse for a new round of diamond **** than a new mani?!?!!

lol ms DJ...greg is always saying 'where's MY upgrade'...hehe. i would love to get him a new right hand ring, i've been talking about it forever, but now that judy posted her husbands new ring, i totally want that kind of design for greg's. hopefully i can pull it off next year for maybe our anniversary or something!

rosebud...i have 6's but my knuckles are actually the 6's and my fingers themselves are smaller...i would say 5.5 maybe because my rings are kind of loose...but i think i just have longer fingers or something...hehee. i wish my fingers were smaller but until that finger lipo comes around, us size 6 gals are just stuck!!

miss lynn..greg's stone is a .38c F VS1 ACA...surely a stunner. he loves that it's branded and an F VS1 which is why he says its the 'best' stone in the household. men and their diamond egos!!
5.gif

viso...re: the warmth of the J stone...it depends on what you mean by noticeable. i say that because...i had a 1.6 J and now that i have my 2.3 J ...i do see more color in it from the side sometimes. but it's not like YELLOW. it's so hard to describe color really. in some of those shots i posted if you look kind of on the side views you can see it's a tiny bit WARM. it's just not icy white. does the color bother me? no it definitely does not and i know that others who look at my stone do not see color, they just see the size of the rock and how it sparkles and i get a ton of compliments on it. my stone also has slight blue fluor but i doubt that helps much if at all because it's just slight. and it won't help with side views anyway. from top down or top up rather, the stone looks totally white. i don't see a whit of difference, it's the side views that sometimes show color. but i think it's really important that you understand what i mean by 'color'. i think that people have this horrific yellow color in their mind or something but it's just a slight warmth like a winter white to the diamond. it's kind of like paint colors. there's an actual WHITE paint color for walls...but people typically use other colors that are shades of white but just different. winter white, eggshell, antique white etc. to me that is like diamonds. no one really knows it's not the true white paint color until you put another white paint chip up against it and you realize it's not true white. it's very subtle shades. i LOVE my J stone and it's a real beauty, definitely by far the prettiest of all the diamonds i have had in my ring.

i would say that if i were ever lucky enough to be able to upgrade to a 3.3 or something, i would probably try to get an I colored stone because i'm a little leery of what body color would show in a significantly larger stone, but who knows if budget would afford that jump. it's all just a pipe dream at this point anyway!!!

i would ask WF what they feel about the color of the stone...is it a true J or closer to an I or a K? they will be honest with you. maybe it will set your mind at ease. good luck and keep us posted. oh and just for the record, going to a 2.2 J to get the bigger size would be totally something i would do!!! i am a total size girl and i don't mind 'sacrificing' a bit as long as the stone is still stunning and those WF stones are.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I am just coming across this one now - Mara, your ring is absolutely gorgeous - I have admired it on your avatar, but it is actually even prettier on your finger! (I like the nail polish too!) It sits on your finger perfectly, and is very sparkly and ''blingy'', in a sophisticated way. I think that your wedding band compliments it perfectly - it is just the right size to compliment it and add even extra sparkle, yet not overpower or distract from the center stone. I may have missed you mentioning - did you get a new wedding band to compliment it (make sure the stones matched, etc, etc), or was it a wedding band you already had? Beautiful!
36.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 12:35:26 PM
Author: Mara
thanks gals i am SO loving the nail polish color for sure...talk about a fun find!!! plus what better excuse for a new round of diamond **** than a new mani?!?!!

lol ms DJ...greg is always saying ''where''s MY upgrade''...hehe. i would love to get him a new right hand ring, i''ve been talking about it forever, but now that judy posted her husbands new ring, i totally want that kind of design for greg''s. hopefully i can pull it off next year for maybe our anniversary or something!

rosebud...i have 6''s but my knuckles are actually the 6''s and my fingers themselves are smaller...i would say 5.5 maybe because my rings are kind of loose...but i think i just have longer fingers or something...hehee. i wish my fingers were smaller but until that finger lipo comes around, us size 6 gals are just stuck!!
Darn, mine are 6 (at least, I am starting to think more of a 6 1/4 or 1/2) - without knuckle contribution
7.gif
- I thought that 2.3 looked really huge on your finger and now I know why! I... must .... have.... finger...lipo! I see all these tiny little fingers - it is amazing how huge the stones look on you guys - it makes me feel morbidly obese!! LOL!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara: I don't know how I ever missed this thread, but WOWSA, I knew you had a stunning ring, but that's just about the most beautiful combo I've seen. Not only is your stone and setting beautiful, but I'm guessing the whole package attached to that beautiful hand is just fantastic!! A special ring for a special lady indeed!

Your friend.......Rod

PS: You take fantastic pictures!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww thanks guys!!! i don''t know how you missed this thread either rod, it''s not exactly short. hehee. but yeah it pops up the list time to time i guess!!

since you guys bumped it, that reminded me i had some new photos i took about 2 weeks ago and just never posted....got distracted i guess!! a few of them are kind of meh to me (i''m so photo spoiled now!) but some of them i thought looked really cool! here are the highlights!! hope you guys like them!

new diamond 0806 va.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that was natural lighting, and this is tungsten. love the blue!

new diamond 0806 vc.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am wearing a pink shirt while taking these photos, can you see it? i love the extra colors!

new diamond 0806 vf.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love how the diamond is in focus and the rest is kind of blurred out here.

new diamond 0806 vg.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and the exact OPPOSITE is happening here. focus on the melee and stone is sparkly blurry!

new diamond 0806 vn.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is one of my favorite of this bunch....the diamond looks like it's glowing!! and i got the elusive green sparklie.

new diamond 0806 vi.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is a hand shot. i am wearing Essie''s ''Pink Glove Service'' in this shot... i think this is 3 coats. also the stone in this image looks just amazing!! when i blew it up the colors were outstanding.

new diamond 0806 vr.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is probably my other fave from this batch, my lone rose in the garden at the time. it looks so delicate.

new diamond 0806 vs.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is the last one!!

new diamond 0806 vt.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
OH Mara, your diamond is my favorite by far......... How do you get such great photos

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,

OMG beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful shots. I love love love the pink rose shot. So delicate as you said and just simply gorgeous.

How in the world do you keep your roses so perfect??????? Mine always have spots on them or bugs and we spray.
14.gif

Wish you would enter that picture in a magazine.

Linda

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Mara,

Gorgeous shots!!! Simply stunning!

I''m loving the Pink Glove Service on you, too. Mademoiselle is my sheer pink holy grail. How does it compare to Mademoiselle?

Thanks!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Mara...you take the best pictures
30.gif
30.gif
Your diamond is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
That pink rose with your set is so delicate and beautiful
30.gif
30.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new shots, Mara! They''re gorgeous. Can you blow up the photo with the hand shot for us to see the stone more clearly? Even from this distance, the colors look amazing.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks gals!
5.gif

giada, i love the pink glove service...it is definitely more SHEER than the mademoiselle, which i also love. and sheer i mean it is super sheer. i can put on two coats of mademoiselle and it''s pretty obvious i have a pale pink on my nails. but PGS it takes 3-4 coats and then it basically just makes the pinks of my nails look MORE pink if that makes sense. i would love one that was like PGS but a little less sheer but not opaque.

linda, haha the roses aren''t always that nice looking, sometimes i just get lucky...heheee. and if i have a few blooms on one plant then i can be sure to try to not use the one that has spots on it or a bug eaten petal! hehe.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Mara: Did you paint the PGS on yourself, or did you get a manicure? It looks awesome!!
emlove.gif

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
wow mara, your pics are stunning... and your diamond
23.gif
30.gif
breathtaking!!

oh and your hands look beautiful with that light pink color... where can i get that brandof nail polish? i live in mexico but i''m in the border with texas..

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Always such a treat when this thread gets bumped up. I cruise through again and enjoy all the gorgeous photos!
30.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, the handshot with PGS is just stunning! I''m so glad I ordered that color. Now if I can only work it to get the ring to match...
31.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Miss Mara,,,, Miss Mara!!!! I love it when your gorgeous sparklie thread comes back around!!! Everytime I have to start at the front and look at all of the pics... girl your ring "rocks" hehe!!!
5.gif
love your new pics!
18.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
hand shots! hand shots!

More views of that awesome head!!!!!
36.gif
31.gif
30.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Yes!!! Please Mara!!!! More Hand Shots!!!!!!
emteeth.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol i always love seeing my thread bumped, it''s like OOOH who responded?!?!!? it''s like a mini-gift! milly you will love PGS...it''s definitely one of my favorites, even though it takes about 3-4 coats for it to really look spectacular IMO.

i do have some shots i took recently in the car where i typically get some amazing blues and scint in the stone, but i haven''t gone through them, this was from about 2 weeks ago...i''ll try to find some time in the next day or two and see if i got any really good ones!!
2.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I''ll be waiting!!! Can''t wait to see!!!!!
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah, weren''t you going to post pics in some gothic nail polish color? I''ve been waiting to see that! lol!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results