shape
carat
color
clarity

The little Radiant that could...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do recall that Kayla had her ring done by LM in platinum late last year, simple solitaire design with a filigree or engraved head or something, (pix are around here somewhere) for slightly over $1k.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/11/2004 6:07:30 PM aljdewey wrote:

Nicrez, just caught this thread.

You mentioned your budget for custom, and I just went through this whole process myself. I can tell you that the 'names' (often mentioned, but if you're not sure, PM me and I'll fill you in) were considerably expensive....and my setting was 2-tone. They came in over the budget you've mentioned.

I had my ring custom made by WF's bench person instead for less than half the cost and it's GORGEOUS. I think Brian did an excellent job taking the ideas I had and translating that into my setting.
----------------

I most likely want my wedding ring custom made by WF, as i hope to get ACA stones in an eternity setting. Thing is, the e-ring would be great to match the wedding ring, and so I would love to have WF do that at well...

Only issue I have is I want something very smooth, clean, elegant and simple, yet unique. Ideally, I would get a M.M. piece, but he's so over booked, and is not too responsive, especially to those of us who want to be involved in the process and have a certain vision...

Actually, considering that I am going to study bench design as well (at some point within the next 2 years), I figured that if I didn't find the right designer (whose work I truly liked and trusted), I'd probably work toward making it myself, or at least making contacts with people who did good work, and trust them with my baby.

I WAS in a rush before because I was so excited to have it complete, but now I have no problem waiting (even until AFTER we are married) to have it done right. I may just see what other pieces WF's jeweler has done in my sort of modern/classic look, and see if they can make the ring as i want, maybe even to match the eternity w-ring...

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
hey Nic, good to see you back! It sounds like a pretty exciting career change you are making, and I think it's a great idea to just wait on the setting. My bet is you would not be happy with what you came up with now since that's an area you are going to explore in depth in the near future. (I keep changing my mind, and I'm 18 years into the process
6.gif
), and not particularly interested in getting into it myself! )

Good luck with your new directions, and stay in the loop as you go through them!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hey Lop! The worst thing is that looking through these pages of colored stones and diamonds, there are so many beautiful designs for rings that I can't make up my mind! Like a kid in a candy store!

I do know certain types that are not for me, and I targeted the whole clean lines, modern, sleek, yet classic, and solitare, but not sure what more I will have. Too many people said that my low-set cross over prongs was a BAD idea for the stone's security, so I will just have to see what else is out there...

By all means, if anyone sees some interesting designs that you think I could falll in love with, PLEASE POST! If you can name the designer as well, that would be helpful, if not, at least pictures! Thanks!!!!

Wee but scared about being a student again, but totally worth it, as I could spend hours reading about cleavages and wavelengths and Harzburgitic versus Eclogitic Diamonds...I am starting to scare myself...
9.gif
naughty.gif

nurse55

Rough_Rock
Hi Nicrez,

Was directed to you''re thread, as I too, am in search of the perfect radiant cut diamonds. First, let me start off by congratulating you on you''re recent engagement. The pictures were awesome- and the ring breathtaking!!!! Was hoping you could help me with my search, since after one month I am becoming very frustrated and confused. If I were to follow numbers alone, it is impossible to find the right diamond. After 30 years of marriage, my husband would like to upgrade my original diamond with a 2.5 - 3.0 stone. Every place I go, claims to have the best looking, best cut, best price, but who do you trust? With such a massive investment (as you well know ) other than size in mm of the stone, shape, (I prefer rectangular) my head is about to explode. Probably the hardest is not seeing a few side by side to compare each other to. NOne of the vendors had more than one or possibly two to compare. The second, always was a definite no because of cut (TOO YELLOW) or size (too small). Would love to hear back from you about you''re experience, what to look for and where you found you''re perfect dream! (fiance excluded). Best of luck with you''re forthcoming marriage. Awaiting in anticipation your''e response. Thanks

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Hey Nicrez,

I was also wondering the mm measurements of your stone, if you know them. Sorry if they''re already in the thread somewhere, I looked and didn''t see, but maybe I missed them!

Thanks!

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Nevermind - the second I posted the ? I saw them on page 2!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Love the pictures... magnificent view of the ocean and the wedding chapel
2.gif
... I could feel your sunburn
23.gif
... I chocked up on your FI's sweet propsal... I was blinded by the fire
10.gif
of your gorgeous Radiant!
Nicrez to you and your FI - Congratulations on your engagement! I hope you find your dream setting for that baby with the perfect person who can create it for you within your budget. All the best!

abbott

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, Beautiful, Ring..... I''m so excited that you posted the pictures of St. Thomas Wyndham... I am going there Wed. Feb 9th...
emteeth.gif
Abbott

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
May I ask you what size your finger is?

ciger

Rough_Rock
Hi Nicrez,

What is the width of the band on your temp setting? Also, do you know where your fiance got it? And...do you have pics of your new setting?

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
"Little Radiant"??
20.gif
It looks big and beautiful to me!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results