shape
carat
color
clarity

The little Radiant that could...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Radiants are NOT suposed to shine in the dark like that
eek.gif
And definitely do not grow in huge, out of this world flower
9.gif
Oh, my! You have got one awesome ring Nicrez...

angela

Rough_Rock
How WONDERFUL!!!!
1.gif

The pictures are gorgeous, looks like you had an amazing time.

Congratulations!
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I just got back from my walk. I looked in every yellow flower I passed and NOT ONE had a diamond ring in it.
8.gif

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your ring! Congratulations! You got your bling, and boy, is it ever blinging!

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations--er--Best wishes! (sorry f&i
2.gif
). That's a great ring and clearly worth the wait.
9.gif
Rand obviously outdid himself.
2.gif

Ah, the Virgin Islands... one of my favorite places. If one has the time and inclination, chartering a sailboat around the US and BVI is a vacation that's tough to beat.
9.gif

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations to both of you! What a wonderful proposal story. Awesome pictures, too.

Rand, you did very well...
1.gif

Nic, that is one *pretty* rock! *drool*... Now I want a radiant, too...
11.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 3/24/2004 1:13:38 PM Patty wrote:

I just got back from my walk. I looked in every yellow flower I passed and NOT ONE had a diamond ring in it.
8.gif

----------------

Hee hee...Patty...Actually, this is just proof to me that Diamond rings DO NOT grow on trees....they grown on Carribbean bushes of the Allamanda Cathartica flower...LOL

naughty.gif

Rand actually made me post that picture. I told him I posted enough, and I was really getting silly by putting my ring in there, but I just loved the flower and the ring, so why not combine them...So that's his favorite!
9.gif

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Great pictures, great story and a truly AWESOME ring! Congratulations !! Now, wasn't it worth the wait?

10.gif
10.gif
10.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations. Amazing, breathtaking ring AND talk about the ultimate romantic spot for such an occasion.

Wishing you many wonderful years together!

Michelle

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the ring in the flower picture! Blow that one up and frame it for the wall!
1.gif

The flower is lovely!! I think I have seen some of those over here...we have the climate to grow them according to this information:

_____

Common name: yellow allamanda, golden trumpet, yellow bell, angel's trumpet, buttercup flower, bunga akar kuning, wilkens-bita, llamarada, brownbud.
Family: apocynaceae (dogbane family).

Yellow allamanda, a prolific bloomer, is a scrambling, perennial shrub or vine up to 15 feet tall found on the riverbanks in Suriname; it is a fast grower.
The big yellow funnel-shaped flowers are arranged in rather long racemes; mostly at the end of the branches. The leaves are smooth, thick, opposite and pointed.
The fruits are prickly capsules, splitting to release winged seeds.
Yellow allamanda has white milky sap in all parts, which oozes out as soon as it is broken.
All parts of the plant are considered poisonous and highly cathartic.

In Suriname's traditional medicine, the roots are used against jaundice, complications with malaria and enlarged spleen. The flowers act as a laxative. Yellow allamanda has also an antibiotic action against Staphylococcus.

Hardiness: USDA zone 9 B - 11.
Propagation: seeds and cuttings.
Culture: full sun; moist, rich humus soil. Tolerant of many soil type; no salt tolerance. Can be grown as an container plant indoors in the cooler zones.
Sensitive to frost, foliage hardy to 30 ° F for a short time.
Except to their tenderness to frost, they grow without major impediment.
Landscape uses: as a shrub if pruned, as a vine on a trellis.

Rand_alThor

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the great wishes....

Here's an interesting carribean story. I take Nic into "House of Rajah" jewellers in St Thomas and we walk out with a brand new Movado on her wrist. Soon as we walk out she turns around, looks at me and says; "Honey what time is it?". I almost died laughing....

appl.gif
appl.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara, Flower pro...

Hmm... I guess I can nix the Allamandine salads I had in mind...They are lovely, and I wish I could pull a whole bush and plant it here in NY...SO LUCKY your weather is so akin to the Carribbean!!
cry.gif

And for that "blonde moment", all I can plead is that no one every really buys a Movado to tell time. There are NO NUMBERS. but it's pretty...
tongue.gif

(actually, when either one of us says something "not too bright", we like to tell the other person, "you're not too bright, but at least you're pretty!!!" So in my defense, my mommy says I'm pretty!
naughty.gif
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 3/24/2004 3:48:15 PM Rand_alThor wrote:

Here's an interesting carribean story.

----------------

9.gif
I think Nicrez took care to share this !
One wanders wether a nice watch should even tell the time, especially at lower latitudes
1.gif

Yours is such a beautiful story. Best of luck !
wacko.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/24/2004 3:55:37 PM Nicrez wrote:

And for that 'blonde moment', all I can plead is that no one every really buys a Movado to tell time. There are NO NUMBERS. but it's pretty...
tongue.gif

quote]

You are so right. Try being over 40 & telling time. But, hubby insisted on it - It was designed by a member of the Bauhaus Movement. And, we bought mine in St. Thomas.

What a great story! Well worth the wait. Rand, I don't know if I would have been as patient as Nic - but you out did yourself! Thanks for sharing. These past months have been fun.

Congrats to Rand! Best Wishes to you, Nicrez! When's the wedding? ....told you I'm impatient.

What can I say about the ring except SPECTACULAR! I don't recall a radiant w/ this specific elongated shape.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The most beautiful radiant I have ever seen and E VVS2 what else can we say but MAGNIFICENT
love.gif

Beautiful scenery too and love the photos with the flower and ring.

Congratulations

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
WOW,

That thing is absolutely beautiful! I've never considered buying anything but round diamonds, but seeing your ring has opened me up to other possibilities.

Best wishes for your future.
appl.gif

Robyn12

Shiny_Rock
WOW! What a beautiful diamond! Best wishes to you!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Nicrez, what are your stone's mm dimensions? Curious to know what a well cut radiant's measurements are.
10.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/24/2004 4:21:37 PM fire&ice wrote:

----------------
Congrats to Rand! Best Wishes to you, Nicrez! When's the wedding? ....told you I'm impatient.

----------------

F&I -- I think I read in another post it will be a 2006 wedding! We impatient type A's are going to have a long wait!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/24/2004 3:55:37 PM Nicrez wrote:

Thanks Mara, Flower pro...

Hmm... I guess I can nix the Allamandine salads I had in mind...They are lovely, and I wish I could pull a whole bush and plant it here in NY...SO LUCKY your weather is so akin to the Carribbean!!
cry.gif

And for that 'blonde moment', all I can plead is that no one every really buys a Movado to tell time. There are NO NUMBERS. but it's pretty...
tongue.gif

(actually, when either one of us says something 'not too bright', we like to tell the other person, 'you're not too bright, but at least you're pretty!!!' So in my defense, my mommy says I'm pretty!
naughty.gif
9.gif

----------------

9.gif
My Boyfriend and I do that, as well. Except he usually just pats my head and says "You're so pretty."

Congratulations to you and Rand! The ring and proposal setting are absolutely lovely!

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is just beautiful. But even more precious is the proposal story and your eloquence in describing it.
You will share a lot in the long road ahead of you. You sound like two very special people and I hope you have all the joy and good fortune that a happy marriage can provide. It sounds like you have each found a rare gem when you found each other.
It sounds like a dream come true for both of you.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Double post.Deleted

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful story and ring! Best wishes to the both of you!

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
wowzers!! Love the story, the beautiful area, and of course the amazing ring!!! Great photos!
appl.gif

More photos of that stunner please! I love the flower idea! congrats again!!!!

LadyJ

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!!
6.gif
That is some rock!! I love it! Raidiants are my second favorite right behind rounds. Yours is awesome. You have every right to be obsessed over that ring it's just beautiful. You did a great job taking pics of it too. I love the one where it's in the flower. Your pics of the views and beach are really breath taking too. What a great place to get engaged! Enjoy your ring!!
9.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 3/25/2004 2:29:44 PM aneelcon wrote:

wowzers!! Love the story, the beautiful area, and of course the amazing ring!!! Great photos!
appl.gif

More photos of that stunner please! I love the flower idea! congrats again!!!!
----------------
Uh oh! Do you know what you just did! I am so vain when it comes to my baby bling! I am like a proud mommy, I take pictures and show everyone! I literally have over 70 pictures of it. Some good, some blurry, some not so good...I WILL post a few more (2-3) later tonight for anyone considering a radiant or just looking to see some more sparklies! I swear, you should NOT have started me!!! I'll also post the dimensions and measurements. It's actually considered rectangular (at a 1.06 L/W ratio) when I wanted a square radiant, but it's still lovely to me!!!
love.gif
love.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I'd love to see a macro shot that captures the cut glass look, if you are taking picture orders.
9.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations and best wishes to you both. Wear that beautiful ring in love, health, and happiness. Thanks for sharing the journey with everyone.

Shay

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys for all the well wishes! Thanks also for the compliments...I still blush like a proud mamma...I can't wait until I get the perm setting on this rock, and hopefully it will be lowset and simple (so I can carry off more diamonds on the w-band!)
11.gif

Alright, camera not working on downloading....I seem to be having technical difficulties quite often, huh?

Specs are: 7.30x 6.89x 4.02mm, 1.73ct, D=58.3, T=62, Girdle= Med to sltly thick, no Culet, Polish=Good, Symmetry=VG, Clarity, VVS2, E color. There are two tiny pinpoints in the corner of the stone, a cloud that is totally invisibile to the loupe almost and to the side, and one extra facet on a bottom hand corner. It's such a clean VVS2!

Here's a picture I HAD already take (out of the 70 more)... Lop, you can sort of see the cracked glass look?

Cracked glass look.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
another one (I have issues, I know...)
tongue.gif

Sparklie on blue blanket.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results