shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
EricOSU » 07 Aug 2012 19:49

So I finally proposed and she said Yes (OMG YAY!)...and due to circumstances beyond my control I couldn't see the ring physically until the day I proposed. I worked with Chris at Engagement Rings Direct (ERD) and I really can't praise him and the company enough. Before I started this whole process I knew 0% about engagement rings...now I feel like I have a wealth of knowledge. Not just from my own research but from Chris assisting me every step of the way. The ring he created is phenomenal and both my girlfriend and myself absolutely love it. The diamond is Stunning, the band is gorgeous and when you put it all together I honestly don't think I could've received anything more perfect. Members on pricescope recommended ERD to me, and I highly highly HIGHLY recommend ERD to others who are looking for help with a ring. I've attached the pictures I received from Chris that they took for me but will upload personal photos I've taken once I have the ring in my possession again. Unfortunately there was miscommunication in ring size (not between me and ERD, but between my gf and msyself) so it's in the process of being sent back to ERD so they can resize it and ship it back. I should also note that I consider myself a unique case as I travel often and currently live in Korea, originally from the states, girlfriend is from Canada, and I'm constantly travelling between the 3. So time frames and shipping was critical. Chris did everything in his power (and more!) to make this process go smoothly.

Carat Weight: 1.26 CT Clarity: VS 1 Color: H
Measurements…6.20mm x 6.04 mm x 4.09 mm
.60 carats around band
size 7, being resized down to a size 5 (whoops!)

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-26-cushion-cut-halo.178537/

_520.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
tdeaux » 09 Aug 2012 12:04

We purchased a set from a BM store but had a horrible experience and ended up returning. While searching for something new, I discovered PS and I am so happy I did! Through you guys I discovered antique cut diamonds and fell in love. I owe the love of my new diamond and set to this forum! Thanks, PS!

After a long and hard search for an OMC I found my beauty on eBay. The setting and band are from a local jeweler.

1.16 OMC
I Color
SI1

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-omc.178605/

td.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hoover » 30 Jul 2012 19:29

I noticed there has been plenty of AVC lovin' here, and very little attention for AVRs... so for those of you that are considering AVRs, here are some of my pics of my new RHR (and summer sausage finger LHR)

d11.jpg (142.29 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
All 3 stones are J VS1, the center stone is 0.60 ct and each side is 0.46 ct set in 19kt unplated white gold. The melee are extra stones that I had from my first ring project (F VS2 and natural pink diamonds). I was considering smaller sides or a larger center but a) the larger center was sold while I was thinking, and b) I hadn't decided on the setting and GOG requires that all stones under 0.40 ct are set by them into their setttings. I liked Packrat's 3 stone AVC which were all similar in size (0.46 - 0.48 ct each?), so I thought what the heck and bought these.
After a huge delay in customs, I finally got to look at these babies in person. They are much whiter than I expected, but you can definitely see some tint next to my 0.70 G VS2 MRB. If you want to see actual colour in your AVRs, like the often described "buttery" or "vanilla", definitely go lower than J.
I had the stones set by a local jeweler (and also a PSer) who was also pleasant to work with.

This been a project that I've had in the works for a while. It initially started as a pendant, then evolved from there after I finally received some backpay that's been owed to me for ages... and now it's done!

Sort of...

I'm debating whether to add engraving to the sides of the ring. Maybe a scroll pattern?

Thanks for looking

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/avr-3-stone-ring.178237/

hoover.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ara Ann » 03 Aug 2012 12:53

I finally found the right band for my 25th anniversary upgrade halo e-ring (which hasn't been formally introduced yet)...

Our anniversary was in April...I had purchased a vintage platinum e-ring, with baguette side stones and a vintage platinum w-band, but developed a very nasty allergic reaction to the platinum...yes, it is possible to be allergic to platinum.

I then changed out the e-ring to an unplated white gold halo - which I love, but I didn't want the matching band...didn't care for the look of the two rings together.

I started looking for a simple eternity band, but wanted some style to it too - and saw this band on another Pricescoper's thread (thanks Webdiva!) and had to give it a try! Took 3 weeks to get it, but was worth the wait, I LOVE it!

I am wearing a 1mm spacer too, the bands would rub too much without it and I hope to get many years of enjoyment from both rings...hoping the spacer will make that possible.

Here are a few pics!

Stats:

Marquise - 1.48 ct. - H - Med. Blue Flor.
Ring size: 5

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-eternity-band-halo-e-ring.178390/

ara.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zand » 07 Aug 2012 20:31

Pic of the ring I am giving to my girlfriend... ordered from bluenile, it's the Flora Vida Diamond engagement ring in platinum setting. Center stone is 0.71 Carats H colour Internally Flawless with an "Ideal Cut" (triple ex on GIA report). Diamond also has very strong blue fluorescence with none of the negative effects of fluorescence. This photo was taken with my cell phone so picture quality isn't great, I will try to get a photo on here that shows the diamond with fluorescence.

zand.jpg

actually_06

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone. He proposed a week ago and I'm thrilled to show off my new ring. It's cushion cut, 0.93ct, G, SI2 (eye clean), size 5.75 in a pave setting. I love it so much and can't stop staring at it!

_578.jpg

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
This is my latest wedding ring (same husband)
I don't exactly know the weight. The center stone is a little over 3 cts

img_0502.jpg

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
Gem Queen: we need more pics of this, please! So beautiful! What size is your finger?

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a size 5. It is a great ring. I usually buy a new setting every year, but I just really love this one. I will have to post some of my other things

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
This is my pear that I have. I just dressed it up with a halo.

img_0501.jpg

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
My pear after halo. I just love this thing.
2.08 VVS2 E color. Perfect cut. Great right-hand ring!
P.S. I do wear it with the point facing out.

img_0580.jpg

mensagrrl1

Rough_Rock
This is my e-ring. We had it made this year, first purchasing the 1.22/I/IF/Ideal GIA oval cut from Union Diamond in Atlanta (online), then we designed the ring ourselves and had UD create it, too. It is an east-west semi-bezel setting in 14K WG, chosen because the stone was not truly colorless (the creamy gold goes better with I/J color, I think). The east-west setting makes it look so much bigger than it really is, and the understated ring really lets the diamond stand out. The coolest thing about it is the floating appearance of the stone when viewed from the front or back.

I am completely in love with my ring, but not as much as I am with the man who gave it to me.

027_0.jpg

028_1.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, AmysBling! Thanks for always updating this! You disappeared a bit and I updated the 2-3 ct thread... Phew! Now I know how much work you put in "bookkeeping" for us PS-ers!! So thank you super much! And I hope everything has been well for you! You haven't been as PS active lately..

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
mensagrrl1|1345842970|3256684 said:
This is my e-ring. We had it made this year, first purchasing the 1.22/I/IF/Ideal GIA oval cut from Union Diamond in Atlanta (online), then we designed the ring ourselves and had UD create it, too. It is an east-west semi-bezel setting in 14K WG, chosen because the stone was not truly colorless (the creamy gold goes better with I/J color, I think). The east-west setting makes it look so much bigger than it really is, and the understated ring really lets the diamond stand out. The coolest thing about it is the floating appearance of the stone when viewed from the front or back.

I am completely in love with my ring, but not as much as I am with the man who gave it to me.

027_0.jpg

028_1.jpg

I LOVE this ring!!! What a beauty! It needs its own thread! :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

katrinab

Rough_Rock
Since I'm still waiting for my own ring here's a pic of Mum's 40th wedding anniversary ring. It's a 1.3ct natural ruby (not altered in any way), with 0.38ct each pear shaped diamonds E VS1, set in a platinum setting with 18ct yellow gold band to match her wedding ring. I'm wearing it in the picture, finger size J (NZ) or 4 3/4.

mums40thanniversaryring1.jpg

katrinab

Rough_Rock
Oops average photo, here's a better one.

mums40thanniversaryring2.jpg

Leftwian

Rough_Rock
Ashoka cute, H color, VS2

image_6.jpg
image__3_.jpg
image__2_.jpg
image__1_.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katrina - your mom's ruby ring is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

elizabeth1982

Rough_Rock
0.91 ct H / VVS1 emerald cut center stone on a 0.21 ct platinum pave milgrain band. Wedding band is semi-split shank scalloped platinum 0.25 ct with more milgrain detailing. Total carat weight for the set is 1.36 ct. Love my set!

_758.jpg

CutCarat

Rough_Rock
What a great setting with the pink stones on the side of the center diamond. Very pretty.

Ice Princess

Rough_Rock
My Steven Kirsch double halo split shank

photo_91.jpg

ADShack

Rough_Rock
Custom made by Engagement Rings Direct: 1.02 carat asscher cut diamond surrounded by 20 sapphires in platinum setting - She said 'YES'!

cocoriah_photo_-3365b.jpg

ADShack

Rough_Rock
Second view: Custom made by Engagement Rings Direct: 1.02 carat asscher cut diamond surrounded by 20 sapphires in platinum setting - She said 'YES'!

cocoriah_photo_-4166.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
ADShack|1347388287|3266087 said:
Second view: Custom made by Engagement Rings Direct: 1.02 carat asscher cut diamond surrounded by 20 sapphires in platinum setting - She said 'YES'!

This is BEAUTIFUL!!! Was it part of the Royal T collection or custom? You should do a thread in Show Me The Bling for the beauty!

ADShack

Rough_Rock
Rosebloom|1347388881|3266094 said:
ADShack|1347388287|3266087 said:

This is BEAUTIFUL!!! Was it part of the Royal T collection or custom? You should do a thread in Show Me The Bling for the beauty!

Thank you! It is based on the Royal T, but with sapphires instead of rubys and some other minor customizations. Very happy with the way it turned out!

D

Deactivated member 42515

ADShack said:
Why is there no SMTB thread on this! And where are more pics! This ring is gorgeous!!!!! Torture!

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
The posters name is ADShack. I think this is spam/free advertisement.

ADShack

Rough_Rock
Jeweljunke|1347395302|3266168 said:
The posters name is ADShack. I think this is spam/free advertisement.

Advertisement for what? That's a short version of my name: Alan Dean S. That's my hand under my fiance's, Autumn. Odd comment.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results