shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kismet » 12 Jul 2012 10:08

Whew and done. It seems like I've been working on this ring for forever but it hasn't been quite a year yet. I started acquiring the diamonds last August and finally got all 5 in February of this year. The two smallest were from the same ring but the others were from 3 different rings. These were all sold to me as OMCs but I'm pretty sure that they're a mix of OMC, OEC and transitional. In any event, I was more concerned about the color matching than the facet pattern matching exactly. The ring was made by Hunt Country Jewelers and is 18k unplated white gold. I told them I wanted something in the Victorian style and this is what they came up with.

Thank you all for the nice comments! I actually found the first two side stones relatively quickly. The smaller ones took a whole lot longer. The last stones came in a ruby (opaque) ring with 4 yellow diamonds at the cardinal points. Only when the stones were removed from the setting it was 2 yellow diamonds, 1 brownish diamond and one barely yellow diamond. So now I have a few extra stones hanging around that weren't quite right.

I don't have mm sizes, but the center stone is about 1 carat, the next 2 are .4-.5 cts and the smallest are around .2-.25cts

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victorian-style-yellow-diamond-5-stone-ring.177598/

kismet.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
otismitch » 23 Jul 2012 10:06

Hello all!

I want to thank all of you and share my new upgrade! I originally joined PS in 2010 to find our first engagement ring. We ended up with a lovely stone and setting from Dimend Scaasi in Chicago. My original stone was a 1.42 I/VS2 RB that scored well on the HCA etc., but DSS set in very quickly. Fast forward to 2012, and my amazing husband allowed me to upgrade for our one year anniversary! To stay within budget, we dropped in color and clarity, but I couldn't be happier. And, I absolutely adore my new setting- called Alessandra on Dimend Scaasi's website. I modified the setting to have claw prongs.

Here are the specs on the new stone, followed by some pictures! Most are from my iPhone, so not the greatest quality. I attached a few from Dimend Scaasi, too, which show the setting up close.

--

GIA Report # 2136445441
2.33ct RB- Ex/Ex/Ex
8.44-8.49 x 5.29mm
K color
SI2
Medium Blue Fluorescence
Excellent Polish
Excellent Symmetry

HCA Score 2.6 (But the idealscope looked good!): 62.4% depth, 56% table, 35.5° crown angle, 40.8° pavilion angle

Oh and my ring size is 5 1/4.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-upgrade-2-33-rb-k-si2.177947/

otis.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
kyoung05 » 23 Jul 2012 01:27

First, a bit of background. I first came to this forum a few years ago when I was researching diamond studs for my girlfriend's birthday. I learned so much about how to evaluate stones, about how cut is king, and which vendors could be trusted/relied on (i.e. Pricescope vendors). During my preliminary research, I became really intrigued by the modern round brilliant H&A stones - based on what I initially read, it seemed as though that cut was the gold standard for cut. Never having really looked at diamonds in person, I had no frame of reference as to what an ideal-cut stone would look like in person vis-a-vis a non-ideal cut stone. That said, I took a leap of faith and decided to order a set of H&A studs (.25ct, J color, VS2) through Good Old Gold. I knew they would be relatively small in size, but was hoping that they'd be as sparkly as I had hoped based on what I read. When I received them, I was blown away. Even without any frame of reference, I could tell that they were really sparkly. When I gave them to my gf, she loved them.

However, when we started casually discussing what kind of engagement ring she might want down the road, she was a bit hesitant about a round brilliant stone - while there's no disputing that they are timeless/classic, she wanted something a bit different (although she didn't know quite what). So, I started doing a bit more research on Pricescope, and came across the August Vintage Cushion stones from Good Old Gold. The idea of a vintage-cut stone with modern ideal optics was very intriguing. Also, having already bought the studs through them (and it was a great experience), I felt really comfortable dealing with them again. I thought this might be exactly what my gf might've been referring to, so I showed her some of the videos that Jonathan had posted, and she was hooked. As for the setting, she wanted something that was a "blend" of modern/vintage - kind of like the AVC - but, again, didn't have anything particular in mind.

So, now that I knew that the center stone had to be an AVC, it was just a matter of finding the perfect setting and saving enough to get what she wanted. In the meantime, I was researching potential settings. I wanted something that was a bit different - maybe double-claw prongs - probably pave. As I was researching, I kept coming across Victor Canera, and the more I looked at his work, and read about others' experience with him, the more I leaned towards working with him. However, I had a pretty firm budget in mind, and wanted to spend the bulk of it on the stone (naturally), and, by this time, I already had the particular stone in mind. I emailed Victor for some quotes based on settings I saw on his website, and, at first, was a bit disappointed that most of what I liked was out of budget. However, after discussing a few details, I decided that I'd be willing to go over budget to get the setting I wanted.

The folks at Good Old Gold were a pleasure to work with. They answered all my questions, and the video they made helped me to narrow down the stone. So, without further ado, here is the stone I chose - it's a 1.09ct L VS2 August Vintage Cushion Diamond (http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8981/).

As for the setting, I told Victor that I was looking for a blend between the Alaria and Collette settings - a non-cathedral, non-split shank band with a single-claw prong basket that sits on top of the shank (so that a flush fitting band would be possible), with pave added to the top cup,and using single-cut melee diamonds. I think it turned out well - here's a pic of the finished ring:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/august-vintage-cushion-victor-canera-alaria.177940/

kyoung.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
saucymama » 17 Jul 2012 22:04

I have been engaged since Christmas 2011, but haven't had a ring to wear for over 4 1/2 months. The store we purchased my first ring at had their goldsmith size it and he completely trashed it in every way imaginable. When we got it back, the band was all discoloured, uneven, flat in spots and very thin at the bottom. The centre stone was loose, a claw was hanging by a thread and the entire head was crooked. They refused to take responsibility for it, so we contacted the manufacturer and they stepped up and said they would replace the ring for us. We waited 7 weeks, only to get back the same ring. We were furious they tried to pass off the old ring repaired as a new ri and in addition to this, upon further inspection we noticed new damage. It had a crack in the band. This likely happened when they tried to repair it. So needless to say we don't have that ring anymore and had to start fresh. It was very disheartening at first and I didn't think I would find anything I loved as much as that ring. Alas, I did! I found something I love even more! My fiance picked it up last night and I am in love Here are a few pics!

The ring is a Tacori (HT2522CU6.5W) in 18k white gold
The centre stone is a 1.04 ct RB GIA Ex, VS2 H and it rates 1.5 on the HCA
My finger size is 5.5

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engagement-ring-do-over.177796/

saucy.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
NKOTB » 15 Jul 2012 22:17

One morning, in the wee hours, while up to nurse my little one, I got a message from a helpful PSer, who knew I was semi-looking for a decent-sized OEC for an upgrade. Now, according to DH, I was SUPPOSED to be waiting for some money we are expecting to actually come in (hence the "semi-looking"), but you know how it goes...Once he okayed the upgrade, I was trolling ebay, watching JBEG videos obsessively, and trying to figure out what size stone I should get for my size 4.5 finger (I wanted impressive, but not ostentatious) I was told this was a one shot deal, so I had better make use of it. I was very tempted by one of JBEG's stones, but wasn't ready financially, and it sold. That was a sad day for me. Now, coincidentally, it was the same day the ring I now own also sold. Bear with me...

The seller had listed this with a starting bid, and BIN price. Back to the wee hours morning...I couldn't get back to sleep once I saw the listing. I loved the ring, but still didn't have the money. So, I started thinking about liquidating a whole bunch of stuff. This was right around when I listed a bunch of items. Then the ring sold, before the auction ran out. Disappointed! I contacted the seller and asked her to let me know if the deal fell through.

Well, a few days later, she sent me a message saying that the deal did, indeed, fall through, and she was planning on relisting. I made an offer. She said she wanted to let an auction run for a week and, if the ring didn't sell, she would consider offers. Within about ten minutes of the (no bid) auction ending, she contacted me, and negotiations began.

The centre stone was listed as J-K in colour, according to an appraisal by Dover. My PS peeps that looked at the pics knew it would be lower in colour than that. I bought the ring anyway, with a return period, and I had the ring sent to Neil Beaty for an appraisal. Neil graded the stone as N-O in colour, and took some pictures that were...less than flattering, so suddenly, I started to question the purchase. I asked a whole bunch of opinions from others. I finally decided that at this point, after a few weeks of lost sleep, I just had to see the ring with my own eyes. And I am soooooo glad I did, because I LOVE it!!!!

So, without further ado, some pics...And a BIG thank you to Freke, Dreamer, Mela Lu, justginger, Mara, Skippy, k9, Athenaworth, Neil, and anyone else I may have forgotten, for your thoughts, opinions, and support!

Stats, according to Dover: 2.45 cts (estimated, as in setting), J-K VS1, 8.3 mm. Stats according to Neil 2.3 cts, N-O VS1, 8.3 mm (ish)

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yes-to-n-o-oec.177724/

nkotb.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
bem3231 » 16 Jul 2012 20:16

Hello everyone!

I am so delighted to be able to share with you my Victor Canera Emilya! I had my original e-ring reset for a few reasons, and I am so extremely delighted with the results. I got the Emilya halo with single cut pave, plus a matching band. I also got Victor to make me a custom spacer, as I wanted pave on the donut. The spacer allows me to wear my band and my e-ring together while mitigating the resulting damage. That said, although wanting to wear a band with my e-ring was one of the issues that drove me to consider a reset, I'm finding that my preference now is to wear my e-ring on it's own, as it just sets off my center stone so wonderfully well. Still, I love having the bands and the option to wear them when the mood strikes. I also like the option of being able to wear the pave band on it's own, as I have a two year old and so often wearing my e-ring is not practical.

I chose single cut pave in order to have something a bit different, and I'm really glad that I did. The pave sparkles like crazy and is a good complement to my center stone, I think. I also had Victor leave a tiny space at the back of the band in case I ever need to resize it. For reference, the size of the rings is 5 1/8.

Before I give particulars on my stone specs, I just wanted to say what an extreme pleasure it was to work with Victor. To say that he was both professional and accommodating would be an understatement. We exchanged over one hundred e-mails, in addition to several phone calls. He was always quick to respond, answer questions and offer his professional opinion when it was requested. Not once did he make me feel as if I was disturbing him or keeping him from anything more important (although I"m sure that I very often was!). I had some particular needs regarding shipping my stone, and regarding trying to find a gemstone to fit into my original setting, and he went out of his way to accommodate my needs on both counts. I also had a set timeline for completion of the ring, and he met that deadline. I hope to be able to have him work on more projects for me in the future, and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone wanting unparalleled quality combined with absolutely stellar customer service. He is a master craftsman, and a consummate professional to boot.

I will post the stone specs below for anyone who might be interested. As always, a huge THANK YOU to all of the Pricescopers and also to all of the VC Emilya owners who shared their feedback, advice, photos, and experiences. I would not have found Victor without your help, and I would not have pursued this reset without your guidance. I special thank you to frankie whose detailed photos and description of her e-ring journey has proven so helpful for the many of us who adore the Emilya so much that we wish to make it our own! Pricescope is an amazing and very special community... but then we all know that, right?!

Thanks for taking the time to look at my new rings...

Stone specs (this stone was sourced through Jon at GOG in 2007):

2.68 F VS2
Polish: GIA Excellent
Symmetry: GIA Excellent
Depth: 61.2
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavillion Angle: 40.8
Culet: none
Girdle: medium faceted
Fluorescence: faint

HCA score: 1.2 (excellent
Light return: excellent
fire: excellent
scintillation: excellent
spread: very good

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ya-2-7-ct-with-band-and-custom-spacer.177752/

bem.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sunshine89 » 18 Jul 2012 15:10

hello all,

First post, wanted to share my upgrade from my 1.5ct Princess cut. It is G color si1 clarity. The new ER 1.83 center Radiant cut, fancy yellow Vs1 clarity '2.66 tcw' with halo setting.I love to see all the beautiful rings posted here. I have both as the original ER is sentimental. Thanks for looking

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-engagement-ring.177822/

sunshine.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
move1986 » 20 Jul 2012 13:15

Hi! Just want to express my appreciation of this website. Because of you guys i get to know about Brian Gavin Diamonds. For us it is really a new experience as we never think about buying such expensive item online especially without getting to see the real thing before hand. But because i had read a lot of good comments from here, I eventually get in touch with them and made the order. Jamie is really helpful and patient and i really thank her for leading me throughout this whole process.

We had waited for nearly a month for them to actually send out the finished products. I was a really long wait for me hahaha...
And luckily thanks to the efficiency of Fed Ex the shipment arrived in just 4 days time. Today i finally got to collect it and I can't be more happy with the finished products. Just absolutely love it

Thanks again for the help from BGD team and also PS users as you guys had lead me to this absolutely fabulous diamond seller.

Here are some of the pictures of the rings

It's 1.7carat I VS2 Brian Gavin Blue in Novela setting and matching bands while the men wedding ring is custom made.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nt-and-wedding-bands-are-finally-here.177880/

move.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MelbourneGirl » 17 Jul 2012 01:14

A funny thing happened while I was on my way to ordering my 9stone ‘baby’ ring from IDJ.... I got engaged!

I didn’t think my long term partner and I were going to do that, but apparently being pregnant and all the joy that comes with that made my partner a little bit sentimental and he had some gorgeous wonderful things he wanted to say - and make it all official. Needless to say it was extremely cute, surprising, tear filled and terribly lovely. All the time I was researching a 9 stone, he was secretly planning a proposal.

So – all of a sudden I had to think about an engagement ring! Very exciting times indeed – on so many levels.

I was lucky enough that last year I had purchased a gorgeous 1.5ct ERD ACB cushion and had it set in the Gwen Split Shank from Eternity Diamonds. It was fine for a RHR and I was in love with the diamond. I had started thinking about resetting it earlier this year and (fortunately) had started a little bit of research. Originally I wanted to get a 3 stone, with 2 half moons for the cushion. However I found that process to be exhausting! I couldn’t find anything like that in Australia to try on and after 1 failed attempt to order some half moons from the US I gave up (they were too white for my stone and just didn’t look right).

So after getting engaged my whole thought process about using my stone shifted (I absolutely wanted to use that stone for my engagement ring). I decided to go for something I had considered last year – a modified version of the Tiffany Soleste. I didn’t want a double halo, I also wanted a plain shank. My search was well into overdrive when I saw a post here from a gorgeous lady who had a Victor Canera Anne Marie Split shank (sorry I can’t remember who it was – but you might, it was AMAZING). I was in love!

I contacted Mark at ERD and after a little bit of too-ing and fro-ing he created an AMAZING delicate custom piece for me.

My requirements included

1.8mm PLAIN shank – tapering to 1.4mm at the split
1 pointer melee (matching my G centre stone)
Halo to be angled at around 40 degrees
Rounded edges
Basket type gallery – with the basket curving outwards slightly (like a cup) rather than inwards (like the HW styles)
Slightly rectangular donut (similar to the Soleste).

The result it truly wonderful. It feels so delicate and this style has given my much loved stone a brand new life! It looks huge to me now and I don’t know how, but this style makes the diamond a little fireball. I ordered it a few weeks after our engagement and my partner collected it from Fedex when I was at work. We had a little ‘second proposal’ and he gave it to me at home over dinner. I was crying so hard from the sweet things he was saying that I actually couldn’t see the ring for about 45 seconds. When my eyes cleared I couldn’t help but start crying all over again (this time with a different kind of happiness). So thrilled to have this lovely man AND this gorgeous little creation – I almost felt like it was TOO nice (weird! ). I keep telling him I'm not allowed to drive at the moment - I surely will have an accident staring at my ring

Some Iphone pics attached (I have zillions, I tried to stop at a few!). I’ll try to take some more snazzy ones, as I really don’t think they do it the justice it deserves.
(Oh and yes I will post my 9 stone shots soon too! It kind of got hijacked in the madness).
x

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ushion-plain-split-shank-halo-created.177760/

melb.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrMonkey » 13 Jul 2012 14:31

Finally proposed to my girlfriend! Couldn't wait any longer and popped the question at a great restaurant!

Thank you pricescope for educating me on diamonds and settings. Spent too much time on these forums reading and learning. I went for the best optics in the diamond. I think my girlfriend was also surprised at how beautiful and sparkling the ring was. Cushion Modified Brilliant, 1.51 G VS2 EX/VG in a micropave halo setting, Love it!

I also couldn't do it without Mark at ERD's help. The amount of time I spent in his office looking at diamonds along with the valuable suggestions he and Chris have given me is unparalleled... Thank you for making the process of ring shopping so much easier. Both my fiance and I thank you for the gorgeous ring!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-done-thanks-erd.177639/

mrm.jpg

HankzMom

Rough_Rock
Wanted to show you my carbon baby!

Sorry, just can't get it to upload. :confused:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Adding my new dream ring.

From ID Jewelry, 18k yellow and white gold mounting, 1.35 ctw ideal diamonds, 2.04 burmese ruby from Jeff Davies.

_434.jpg

jenemelon

Rough_Rock
hi!

after looking at the beautiful rings here on this forum, i decided to do a little sharing/bragging of my own! =D

i don't know the exact specifications, but the center stone is a 1.67 carat sapphire. it is set on a platinum band. i looked at many rings to choose something simple but pretty to set off the stone. i like the view from the side the best, but this will have to do!

:bigsmile:

(please excuse my rather dry hands and unpolished nails =P )

imag0720.jpg

lilybride

Rough_Rock
Here is my Engagement ring and wedding band (The picture of the engagement ring was taken earlier, now it is bein polished, so couldn't take a picture with it with my wedding band.

My engagement ring: Brilliant round cut .72ct Champagne Diamond in Bezel setting. 16pcs of .02ct H-Vs Diamonds in micro pave setting. Milgrain details. Made from palladium. This ring was custom made for me.

Wedding band. Palladium band with 17pcs of .02ct H-Vs brilliant round cut Diamonds. Made from Palladium. This was custom made for me to match my engagement ring.

I had both of my ring made by http://www.etsy.com/shop/TorkkeliJewellery?ref=si_shop and they are perfect and really well made. I love the color of Palladium, and he found exactly the Diamond that I wanted to have as a center stone.

lilybride

Rough_Rock
Oh my pictures didn't attach to the previous post:(
Here is my Engagement ring and wedding band (The picture of the engagement ring was taken earlier, now it is bein polished, so couldn't take a picture with it with my wedding band.

My engagement ring: Brilliant round cut .72ct Champagne Diamond in Bezel setting. 16pcs of .02ct H-Vs Diamonds in micro pave setting. Milgrain details. Made from palladium. This ring was custom made for me.

Wedding band. Palladium band with 17pcs of .02ct H-Vs brilliant round cut Diamonds. Made from Palladium. This was custom made for me to match my engagement ring.

I had both of my ring made by http://www.etsy.com/shop/TorkkeliJewellery?ref=si_shop and they are perfect and really well made. I love the color of Palladium, and he found exactly the Diamond that I wanted to have as a center stone. dsc00662_0.jpg
http://www.pricescope.com/files/images/dsc00211.JPG[/img
[ATTACH=full]535171[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]535172[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]535173[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]535174[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]535175[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• dsc00211.jpg
    dsc00211.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 21
  • dsc00663.jpg
    dsc00663.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 19
  • dsc00729.jpg
    dsc00729.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 16
  • dsc00731.jpg
    dsc00731.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 19
  • dsc00709.jpg
    dsc00709.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 21

lilybride

Rough_Rock
The quality of the pictures that I posted was so poor so I took few new pictures of my ring:)

dsc00758.jpg
dsc00747.jpg

MrsMeliss

Rough_Rock
Everyone's rings are so beautiful!
Here is mine- yellow gold antique filigree reproduction setting size 4.5 with a .64 J color diamond

nouveaurepro.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
YayTacori » 11 Aug 2012 13:12

I'm still in awe that I am the owner of this beautiful diamond!

I worked with Adam from OWD and it couldn't have been a better experience! I'm sure I was annoying him with the many many emails I sent. He would email me back literally seconds after I would email him and even email me after hours and his days off! Now that's customer service! Adam assured me this stone was gonna be a knockout and that once, I see it, I'm gonna fall in love. And I did! It is everything that I ever dreamed of!

I asked Adam for a stone that was reminiscent of Mara's 3.33ct honker. He knew exactly what stone I was talking about when I told him! I absolutely love the faceting on her stone. He told me this stone had similar characteristics.

Before I purchased the diamond, I inquired on how much it would cost to have my prongs made into claw prongs. I felt that my original prongs were a little bulky and my Tacori warranty had long expired and I wasn't necessarily satisfied with Tacori's prong work...when he replied back he came back with on the house!
On top of that, once I received the diamond, I noticed that it had some surface scratches. I passed on my concern to Adam and he said he would gladly polish those scratches out for me before he set it

Stats:
Carat Weight: 1.93
Color: L
Clarity: VS1
Measure: 7.95*7.82*5.11
Cert: GIA
Depth: 64.8
Table: 46
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Fair
Girdle: tn
Flourescence: N/A
Culet: Slightly Large

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pinch-me-1-93ct-oec-in-tacori-2531.178678/

yay.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
aljdewey » 14 Aug 2012 21:27

More than a year ago, I was lucky enough to snag a gorgeous 3.70 ct. mandarin spess garnet from Litnon.

It's taken more than a year of arduous hunting to find a setting for it, and I was so impatient to wear it that I was sorely tempted to just stick it in a temp setting. Thankfully, I held out and my patience was rewarded with this beauty and I couldn't be happier with results. I'd think this setting was custom if I didn't know better - it fits that well. YAY! Attachments

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/great-balls-of-fire.178802/

alj.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cachette » 13 Aug 2012 10:31

Hello my Pricescope friends!!

I present to you my 20th wedding anniversary upgrade!

Time line

Engagement ring - .29 H RB - crappy cut (no kids!)
10 year upgrade - .41 G SI2 princess cut set with trillions (Canadian diamond) (2 kids!)
20 year upgrade - 1.17 K VVS2 (3 kids!)

Before I proceed with the pictures, I would like to thank Good Old Gold for a terrific buying experience. Jonathan, Marie, Darren and Vicki were all very kind, patient and just awesome! I would not hesitate to shop there again. Thank you GOG team!!

I also want to thank my husband of 20 years for understanding how important this upgrade is to me and for not once telling me that the money could of been better spent elsewhere. I am truly grateful for what we have and do not take this upgrade for granted.

Stone

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8722/

Video (stone on the right)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICYW8pedP1s&feature=plcp

Setting - temporary until the next upgrade - it`s really beautiful and was nicely priced!

http://www.leoingwer.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=Copy%20of%20flypage.tpl&product_id=73656&category_id=&id=80179&task=view&tag=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=32

Size 7 ring - I'm a size 6.5 but I like my rings loose.

I tried to take pictures of the stone in various lighting environment to show the stones various personalities. Like many have commented before me, the August Vintage diamonds are real chameleons. The pastels that are displayed are really remarkable and so pretty! It is a bright stone in most lighting situations. Because I'm only just had round brilliants, I was surprised by how different this stone performs. It's not a bad thing, just different. It is next to impossible to photograph this stone's real life beauty; you have to see it to really appreciate it. Pictures show its beauty but your eyes see it's full potential.

Now, for an honest opinion on the K color. I would say that 80 per cent of the time I don't really notice its tint. Because I've chosen to wear it with my eternity band which are G/H stones, I see an obvious difference in the colors when I look at the rings from the side and profile. When I do notice it the most is when I'm driving (hands are up and I look at the profile) and in bright natural lighting environments. In direct sunlight it's friggen stunning!! It almost glows and has a "bluish" tint to it and this even without having fluorescence. I tried to capture this phenomenon (picture down below). Most of the time the color doesn't bother me and it's really not noticeable but, truth be told, when I do upgrade this stone in a year or two (and I have planned to do this from the get go) I will go up in color along with size (H or I). It's not that its color makes the stone any less beautiful, that's not it at all, it's just that it's not MY dream color. I went for size over color for this round and I don't regret it in the least! Also, I didn't set out to get such a high clarity grade, it just what was available. Diamonds aren't cheap and finding one (especially an AVC) that fit my (ever changing) budget was a game of compromise and because this is step one of a two step upgrade, I'm 100% ok with this beautiful stone's color.

Now, the pictures! I have quite a few so I will upload some now and if I run out of time (can't ignore the kids all day! ), I'll come back and upload more!

Thanks for looking!!

Cachette

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/august-vintage-cushion-1-17-k-vvs2.178727/

cach.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shannie2 » 14 Aug 2012 15:23

august_2012_134.jpg (171.01 KiB) Viewed 366 times

Hi all,

I last posted about whether to buy the 0.93J or the 0.80I AVR.... I chose the .080 AVR and put it in a Timeless Design halo setting with plain shank. I just loved the low profile and thinness of the shank. Here are some really bad pictures...but I figured some pics are better than no pics. Thanks for all of your help!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/avr-in-a-low-profile-halo-setting.178788/

shannie.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
iluvcarats » 13 Aug 2012 20:13

I haven't posted in a while, but I just had this bracelet made for my birthday and anniversary, and wanted to share.
It is a 1.00 ct asscher (from GOG) that Gypsy helped me find, and 3.46 ct french cuts in 18k.
It was my project, but my sweet DH surprised me by engraving it
I love it, and I love him

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-and-french-cut-bracelet.178756/

iluv.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rad212 » 13 Aug 2012 15:45

I Just wanted to write about the experience i had with Yekutiel at ID Jewelery.

I first started my search about 2 months ago. My GF and i discussed and she said she wanted a harry winston style micropave ring with an oval center stone. My office is a 2 minute walk from the diamond district so after a ton of research here i set up appointments with all the usual names (ERD, Leon Mege and Perry, Steven Kirsch). I even contacted popular ps vendors on the west coast inlcuding JBEG, Maytal Hannah and Victor Canera. My budget was $17k.

After reading the forums here I really wanted a custom "hand forged" ring from either Leon or Steven. The original goal was to get the biggest size stone (H, SI1 or better) i can afford into one of those rings. After receiving quotes from all the above (prices ranged between 5k and 7k), i was pretty much looking at between a 1.3 and 1.6 carat center stones. I was still searching for answers when i finally decided to visit Yekutiel at IDJ.

As soon as i showed up, he took an hour with me to go over all of my options. At first, i was just looking for a stone to be set in a setting from one of the vendors listed above. He showed me stones that other vendors had shown me. Some were almost $1,000 cheaper than their prices. He showed me diamonds listed on whiteflash that he had called in WHILE I WAS THERE that he could sell to me for less than their prices! He finally showed me a 2 carat stone and told me that he could make me a great platinum setting for a fraction of the cost of the others i saw. The total price would come under my budget. The stone was a 2.1 H - VS1 with strong blue fluorescence. It faces up white. He even walked outside with me to show me what it looks like in direct sunlight. It had a small bowtie (it actually looks larger in the pictures) but most good sized ovals i saw did. The stone was great for me and based on IDJs reputation i trusted him and put a deposit down.

A week later, he called me in to look at the cast setting. A week after that he had me come in the ring was done. It looked great! He appraised it himself then i had it sent to a local PS appraiser myself and everything looked great. I then had it shipped to NJ to save tax. Right now its sitting in my office until next week when i propose.

The bottom line is my experience with IDJ couldnt have been better. I think i came away with the best value i couldve and i have a ring that i am extremely happy with. Yekutiel is a salesman yes, but hes an honest man and he'll be straight with you (especially if you tell him youre coming from pricescope).

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...micropave-oval-e-ring-from-idjewelery.178743/

rad.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondnewbie80 » 12 Aug 2012 14:46

So I got this to give to my girlfriend next weekend, and I can't stop staring at it. I just had to show someone. How did I do? She wanted something simple and classic.
Platinum 2mm Knife Edge
Shape: Princess
Carat weight: 0.90
Cut: Excellent
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 73.1%
Table: 73.0%
Measurements: 5.19*5.13*3.75
Ratio: 1.01

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...t-had-to-show-somebody-before-next-wk.178708/

dnew.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mayk » 10 Aug 2012 11:45

It's done and I have it back...

Thank you Chris, it is EXACTLY what I had hoped for.

This is hands down the hardest thing to do when you are truly not an expert. I have seen so many old diamonds on this website since my purchase and doubted my diamond choice so many times... there are so many to look at.. but now that it's set.. I do love it... The setting hands down is spectacular!!!

I tried to shoot some pictures in the shade where the warmth of the stone comes out and a few in the sun for the sparkle...

The diamond:
http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/SOLD-ITEMS-1/181ct-Loose-Transitional-Cut/21737061_RmspDz#!i=1733026328&k=sHTgVdM

The setting journey:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chris-erd-is-setting-my-transitional.178155/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chris-erd-is-setting-my-transitional.178155/[/URL]

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jbeg-chris-erd.178641/

mayk.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
JulesT » 09 Aug 2012 10:16

Hi, I wanted to show everyone my 30th anniversary present, a 2.50 Old Mine Brilliant stone (H , VS1) set in an ERD hand-forged HW style setting. The stone is 8.41 x 7.51 x 5.14mm, GIA, polish and symmetry Very Good. 50% table, 68.4% depth, large culet. The setting contains .72 of round brilliant diamonds, and includes two small “secret” sapphires inside the shank (the sapphires are to commemorate our two wonderful sons…I tried to capture them in the pictures). The size is 5.75.

Both the stone and setting were purchased from ERD. I discovered Mark when I came across the magnificent ring he created for KristyDarling:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-14ct-omb-in-hand-forged-halo-setting-by-mark-at-erd.174860/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-14ct-omb-in-hand-forged-halo-setting-by-mark-at-erd.174860/[/URL]

I had the chance to visit Mark in NY, and had two stones to choose from. After settling on this one, Mark and I discussed the setting. I requested that the ring be set like KristyDarling’s, but with sapphires in the band. A couple of weeks later…voila, my treasure was on the way.

A few words about Mark. Mark is an outstanding professional. He really knows his stuff and was great at calmly steering us through what could have been a nervewracking process. He is extremely…warm and trustworthy, and not the least bit pushy. As soon as we met him, we knew that we were in good hands. My husband and I were slightly wary going in, as we had a terrible buying experience a few years ago (not with a PS vendor, though). Mark just inspires confidence. He was also very accessible and responsive, answering emails/returning calls promptly, even after I received the ring. It’s too big (I was sized locally), and Mark has graciously offered to size it. I’m so impressed by his follow through.

As to the ring: it is EXQUISITE! The setting is just lovely, and very strong. My favorite part is how delicate the setting is (the shank is 1.88 mm), yet the stone looks very substantial in the halo (Mark calls the halo a “decoration”). I agonized over whether to halo it or not, and I’m glad I did. The twinkling halo gives the ring a great presence and makes it appear a lot bigger (it IS a lot bigger; the frame measures 11.3 x 10.2 mm). The ring is very highly polished and beautifully crafted. I’ve gotten more compliments than I can count. I’ve been wearing it alone on my left hand (with a bandaid for sizing), and fielding questions about when I’m getting married (funny to me, since it’s been 30 years)!

A number of pictures are below. We aren’t great photographers, and the pictures don’t really capture just how gorgeous and wonderfully crafted the ring is (or the beauty of the stone). It is simply beautiful. I very strongly recommend Mark and would go back to him for future purchases without any hesitation (31st anniversary, anyone?). It appears that you just can’t go wrong with ERD. Thank you, Mark! And thanks to PS for serving as such a terrific resource.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/erd-omb-cushion-halo-masterpiece.178601/

jules.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results