The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Brag shamelessly about your Bling, engagement, anniversary or any other ring here. Pictures are mandatory! No simulants please - only genuine gemstones. No Pearls either.

• 8858 posts • Page 260 of 2961, 2, 3, ..., 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, ..., 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, ..., 293, 294, 295, 296

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Re: The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Post by Amys Bling » April 16th, 2012, 1:54 pm
cavluv » 14 Apr 2012 14:23

I was lucky enough to receive this ring from my now fiancé 2 weeks ago. We began our ring shopping process a couple of months back, and both fell in love with the Soleste @ Tiffany. However, we had a very difficult time finding the right center stone. We wanted a width/length ratio of near 1:1, but the only Soleste styles that fit this ratio were smaller center stones (I think the biggest one was about .62 ct). PLUS, the price for the 1 ct center was nearly $25k. I don't remember the exact specs on that stone, but it was 1.02 ct, F/VS1. Their .65 center Soleste was just under $12k for an H/IF. We have since learned this is supremely overpriced.

About a week of research on PS led my fiancé to Mark @ Engagement Rings Direct. We were both hesitant to buy a cushion online, but we both could not be more pleased. We learned more about cut and light performance. Mark had an antique cushion (I think they are called his "a cut beyond") that was nearly square, with a spread bigger than the 1 ct @ Tiffany's. Mark told my boyfriend he could make a version of the Tiffany Soleste, and I was a bit dubious that it would look the same. I really wanted a delicate band and very delicate halos.

Then I thought someone else had bought the stone because there were a few people on PS discussing it/recommending it (thanks to Gypsy!!). My heart sank but I knew Mark could find us another stone if we were patient. Turns out, my boyfriend had snapped up the stone immediately...I had no idea!

Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gz4vWQD1Qw

Here are the specs:

Cushion Brilliant
1.05 ct H/VVS2
6.26 x 6.22 x 3.93 mm
1:1.01 ratio
table: 50.6%
depth: 63.1%
ring size: 6

The pictures do not really show how much the smaller inner halo "absorbs" into the center stone. In person, it makes the already gorgeous center stone look even bigger. It almost looks like there is just one halo. At the outset, I was kind of opposed to a double halo because I didn't think it would look as good as the Soleste, but boyfriend really loved it and Mark echoed his sentiments, and in the end I am SO glad they went that direction. The ring is simply gorgeous and I have received countless compliments! It is delicate but still a major eye-catcher. Ladies, this is why we should never compromise on CUT!!

Sorry if I've made the post too long, but I tried to include everything because I remember how much we appreciated all the info we could find during our research phase.

Enjoy some professional shots from Mark, as well as hand shots. And let me add an overwhelming vote of confidence and full recommendation to both Mark & Chris @ ERD. We are going to New York for my birthday/graduation in June and can't wait to meet them in person!

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/another-fab-ring-by-mark-erd-t174252.html
Attachments
cav.png
cav.png (233.59 KiB) Viewed 7293 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 16th, 2012, 1:58 pm
Eddiesmom » 14 Apr 2012 14:26

Here are my rings. The half eternity band (.60tcw) is my engagement ring and the diamond ring is my wedding ring. Specs of the brilliant cut pear are: 0.99ct, color J and clarity SI1. Half eternity band is from German jeweler bought from Finland and pear diamond ring is from Blue nile.

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-pear-diamond-ring-t174253.html
Attachments
eddie.png
eddie.png (367.24 KiB) Viewed 7290 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 16th, 2012, 2:00 pm
xsouzie » 10 Apr 2012 19:55

Hi everyone!
I've been lurking since becoming a member and now I think it's due time that I posted pics of my pretty.
Center stone is 1.26 D VVS1 triple ex with .40 D/E VVS1 on the band.
Thanks for letting me share!!!

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/first-post-with-e-ring-pics-to-share-t174078.html
Attachments
xs.jpg
xs.jpg (78.61 KiB) Viewed 7296 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 16th, 2012, 2:02 pm
diamondhoarder » 14 Apr 2012 03:39

Specs: these are set in 14k and 0.25cts in each ring.

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-natural-fancy-pink-yellow-and-white-diamond-stack-rings-t174237.html
Attachments
dboarder.png
dboarder.png (580.81 KiB) Viewed 7293 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 16th, 2012, 2:04 pm
thing2of2 » 09 Apr 2012 16:57

I'm a bad PSer and rarely post pics of my purchases since I'm not a great photographer, but I am so in love with this new beauty I felt compelled to share! I got it from Jewels by Erica Grace, and as always, they were a pleasure to deal with.

It's a .49 carat rose cut diamond, approximately J color and VS clarity. I'm in love with the chunky faceting! I took a few (terrible) pictures of my own, but I'm also going to upload some of JbEG's awesome pictures so you can see how pretty it really is!

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/rose-cut-diamond-in-rose-gold-from-jbeg-t174016.html
Attachments
thing2.png
thing2.png (246.2 KiB) Viewed 7292 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 16th, 2012, 2:06 pm
Greenie9876 » 14 Apr 2012 11:42

Hello...after seeing all the beautiful ebands from ID Jewelry...I contacted Luann and ordered the most beautiful band.

It's 16 rounds (our 16th anniversary) totalling 4.23 carats...FG color SI clarity...pricescope quality ala LALove. I'll tell you...the diamonds are stunning.

My pix aren't that great and I need a manicure in the worst way ...but here goes.

Thanks to everyone who recommended IDJ. They were great to work with and the end result is beautiful!

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/check-out-my-eternity-band-from-id-jewelry-t174248.html
Attachments
greenie.png
greenie.png (392.69 KiB) Viewed 7287 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 16th, 2012, 2:08 pm
AnaClare » 12 Apr 2012 17:48

On St. Patty's Day, my now fiance and I decided it was finally time to get married (after five years). I contacted Lesley at BGD as I have worked with them on multiple occassions and they are INCREDIBLE. Lesley worked incredibly hard to find something that was in our budget and would blow my mind. She succeeded! I now am the proud owner of my very own Brian Gavin Blue diamond set in the platinum Melissa setting. I cannot get over the incredible quality of the diamond and setting. Top notch! I take awful shots, but I will try and upload one that shows the amazingness of the sparkle.
Here are the specs:
1.107 ct AGS 000 K, VS2
6.61x6.64x4.09
Flourescence: Medium Blue
Ring size: 5.5

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/bgd-rocks-my-world-t174177.html
Attachments
ana.png
ana.png (531.89 KiB) Viewed 7286 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 16th, 2012, 2:10 pm
cbass33 » 13 Apr 2012 10:10

First off I want to say thank you to Mark at Engagement Rings Direct (http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/) for guiding me through this process. He was helpful, courteous and (most of all) patient. After much hand wringing on my part I finally chose a lovely emerald cut to fit in a Simon G setting my wife had picked out at a local jewelry store.

The specs:

Carat - 1.24
Color - F
Clarity - VS1
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Very Good
Fluorescence - None

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/emerald-cut-t174205.html
Attachments
cbass.png
cbass.png (206.74 KiB) Viewed 7286 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 16th, 2012, 2:12 pm
Sarahbear621 » 10 Apr 2012 14:59

Ok probably less exciting then other rings on this board as we have seen it many times over, but I still wanted to post my ring and thoughts on it! Reset was my DH's present to me for our 5 year anniversary. Love that man!

First the stats:
Center is a 2.04ct RB D SI1
The Emilya Halo solitaire
platinum
.67 melee

Overall the experience with Victor was allright. He responded to emails, met all expectations (said ring would be done in 6 weeks and he meant it to the day!) and was helpful when I had questions. With that said he didn't do anything wrong I just didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling from him either like I have with other PS vendors. I did ask Victor about a future project and got a lack luster response so I"m going with SK instead as he seems more excitied about it then me! However, I do love the setting that Victor made and I think if I had gone through anyone else I would have always compared it to his work. I do plan on upgrading my ring in the next 10 years to a 4ct cushion and when that happens I won't hesitate to contact Victor again for the same ring reset.

Many thanks to Frankie who posted her ring journey as it led me to Victor and of course Victor for creating my true dream ering.

EDIT: I believe the ring size is between a 5.5 and a 6.

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-own-vc-emilya-ring-with-2-04ct-rb-t174062.html
Attachments
sarahb.png
sarahb.png (379.79 KiB) Viewed 7285 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 16th, 2012, 2:15 pm
Tuffy » 09 Apr 2012 22:37

thank you for your compliments hope this will inspire more new ring designs and other eye candies!

here are the stats:
18k white gold diamond ring
8 pear diamonds: 1.26 ct
109 round diamonds: 0.55 ct

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-new-pears-t174029.html
Attachments
tuffy.png
tuffy.png (421.88 KiB) Viewed 7282 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 17th, 2012, 6:24 pm
LoveMunkie » 17 Apr 2012 17:00

I posted last summer about some issues we were having with our halo setting/ering. It was a 1.35 H, Cushion stone in a white gold halo/pave setting. We *finally* sorted it out but when we went to look at wedding bands a few months later, I couldn't find one that I liked that would go with it! But, I did fall in love with a 3.33 carat eternity band (size 6 1/2, 33 10 pointers) of G/H colored diamonds...

SSSSOOOOO...I talked my fiance into an upgrade! But no matter how, I haven't been able to figure out a way to afford it with buying our first home together and getting married at the end of May. I've been super stressed and really wanted it NOW but our budget didn't allow for me to get what I wanted from any jeweler that I wanted (Thank you Jon at GOG and Mark at ERD for your great customer service)...So we decided to wait until after the wedding to save up the extra $$$ to get it.

Well, HOLY COW DID MY FIANCE SURPRISE ME!!! In “trade” of an expensive present on our wedding day (he was going to get me antique drop earrings), he decided to put that $$$ toward my upgrade and get it for me as a surprise so I’d have my dream matching set for the wedding!!!

Here's the spec's, its EGL but he had it appraised according to GIA standards so here's what it came out to be:
J SI1 (eye clean - was an "I" and VS2)
2.00 Carat
8.02x7.93x4.95
Depth: 62.1%
Table: 57%
Crown Height: 16%
Pavillion Depth: 42%
Girdle: Slightly Thick
Flurescence: No

Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good

HCA Score: .9
Setting: Custom “Vatche Swan” 14k Rose Gold Band with 14k White Gold Basket and Prongs.

Finger Size: 6 ½

I only have one picture right now that actually came out but will take more tonight and include a picture of my wedding band. I'm shocked that a "J" is so much whiter than my original "H" Cushion. I thought I was super-sensative to color but only notice a creamy look too it under one light in particular and otherwised am shocked at how white it is - cut really does matter, lol! And the Rose Gold setting compliments is wonderfully! I'm so excited this beautiful thing is sitting on my finger right now!

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/upgrade-2-ct-in-rose-gold-vatche-swan-inspired-setting-t174363.html
Attachments
munkie.png
munkie.png (193.64 KiB) Viewed 6973 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 17th, 2012, 6:27 pm
Tahneebrown » 17 Apr 2012 17:31

Just got my new Pear engagement ring from David Klass!!!! SO STUNNING!!! 3.27 total carat weight. ROse gold halo with platinum split shank. Pear stats are 1.91 carat I color VS1 clarity. I love it SOOOOOO much, I just had to share ))

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/finally-my-new-pear-rose-gold-and-platinum-sparkler-t174366.html
Attachments
tah.png
tah.png (267.89 KiB) Viewed 6972 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 18th, 2012, 5:53 pm
happybridetobe » 18 Apr 2012 13:37

Hi All!

I am a long time lurker on the forum, and this is my first ever post So, a big hello to you!!

My boyfriend's mother was so gracious to gift us with a wonderful family heirloom, a 2.3 carat round Old European Cut diamond, special for my upcoming engagement. However, the diamond was in an old yellow gold setting that was just not "me". Well, after seeing so many gorgeous rings on the forum designed by the wonderful Victor Canera, I felt confident that I should send the diamond off to him to be reset! He truly is a master of design.

The ring just arrived yesterday, and my boyfriend immediately confiscated it. I have not yet seen it in person, so I only really have the video to share at this point. He will propose with it soon so hopefully I will be back very, very shortly with a bunch of new photos for you!!!! I am just so excited I think I may bust from the anticipation!

I have attached the professional video and a before and after shot of the ring below. Hope you enjoy the sneek peak!

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=296H2MTljlM&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-victor-canera-oec-split-shank-cushion-halo-ring-t174402.html
Attachments
happy.png
happy.png (183.91 KiB) Viewed 6672 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 18th, 2012, 5:56 pm
by MissStepcut » 18 Apr 2012 19:10

1.56 H VSI Emerald Cut
Boy have I been owing you guys this for a while. Sorry the stone is dusty: emeralds are VERY hard to keep clean! But I can't say I wasn't warned

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-brian-gavin-truth-head-solitaire-1-56-h-vs1-emerald-t174411.html
Attachments
miss.png
miss.png (424.14 KiB) Viewed 6673 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 18th, 2012, 5:58 pm
njng_dash » 18 Apr 2012 14:45

Hi Ladies - been waiting to post as the ring had to be resized and I just picked it up today.

My fiance (yay!) proposed in Italy, very romantic. The ring is a platinum split shank with a 0.93 carat D/VS2 diamond. It is so sparkly I'm blinded! The pictures don't do it justice but it is

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/ladies-in-waiting/i-m-engaged-here-s-my-ring-t174406.html
Attachments
nj.jpg
nj.jpg (209.17 KiB) Viewed 6675 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 18th, 2012, 6:03 pm
orbaya » 18 Apr 2012 11:17

I've been working with WF to create a new necklace. I originally inquired about their Embrace pendant but decided that the diamonds were too small for me. I then decided that I wanted a DBTY necklace instead of a pendant style necklace.

I picked this gorgeous necklace up this morning, and it is more beautiful than I ever thought it would be! I don't know why, because WF has never disappointed me! I wanted something with a bit more of the bling factor than .07 pointers. I have no doubt it is a gorgeous necklace, but I wanted bigger! LOL! So, Whiteflash created this beautiful necklace that will most likely be an everyday staple for me. This "Whiteflash By the Yard" consists of 10 diamonds which are .15ct each and are their stunning ACA's. I love having 10 diamonds because the back of my neck sparkles too!!

I must admit that I was a little nervous about how the stones that flipped over would look, if they would look "dull" compared to the upright ones. Oh boy, that is NOT the case at all!!! When I look in the mirror I cannot tell which diamonds are flipped because they sparkle like crazy, exactly like the upright stones! In my neckshots, there is a mixture of how the diamonds are laying on my neck. Can you tell which ones are which? I can't!!

I've had a hard time getting good pictures...it's difficult to take pictures of your own neck! So, for now I will post WF's glamour shots and a few neck shots. I'll have to wait and have hubby take some for me so he can try to catch the liveliness of these stones. Who knows, maybe my other Whiteflash pieces might come out and play a bit!

So, I thank Whiteflash for yet another gorgeous, quality piece of jewelry!

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-new-1-5ct-whiteflash-by-the-yard-necklace-t174395.html
Attachments
orb.png
orb.png (379.35 KiB) Viewed 6675 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 21st, 2012, 7:00 am
diamondseeker2006 » 19 Apr 2012 18:02

Our anniversary was in late December, so earlier that month I discovered Pearlman's sale on their Beaudry in-stock settings. I have always loved Beaudry but not the price! So it was a great opportunity to pick out a special ring for our anniversary! Many thanks to both Bill and Julian for their excellent customer service and beautiful jewelry!

Blue sapphire is my favorite colored gemstone and is also my birthstone, so that is what I decided to put in the setting. I figured since it only needed a small stone, I could afford to get a high quality sapphire which I couldn't do if the setting needed a 3-4 carat stone! Julian at Pearlman's and a good friend were so kind to help me look for one, and I greatly appreciated them looking! Finding a sapphire in a great color, cut, and perfect size for the setting was not easy, but I finally ended up with a beautiful 1.42 cts, 6.6mm stone from Ceylon cut by Richard Homer! Richard was so nice and helpful, and I highly recommend his beautiful stones! Concave cut really adds sparkle to a round stone!

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/beaudry-ring-with-richard-homer-sapphire-from-pearlman-s-t174460.html
Attachments
ds2006.png
ds2006.png (223.88 KiB) Viewed 6255 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 21st, 2012, 7:04 am
keithsnatch » 19 Apr 2012 21:19

Hello Pricescopers,

I haven't been on the forums here in a while, but I thought it was about time I told my story. Almost a year ago, I proposed to my longtime girlfriend. Getting a ring wouldn't have been possible without Pricescope, so I'd like to thank all the members for taking time and effort to ask questions-- and of course the industry people and experts for taking the time to give thoughtful answers. It helped me out tremendously, and here's what I have to show for it.

For the sake of brevity, I came to this site with no knowledge of diamonds / settings whatsoever. I studied up using the resources here, and eventually gained the confidence to start contacting vendors about their diamonds. I wanted to get my fiance something unique, so I decided to go with as square a brilliant cut as I could find while staying within my ideal specs and budget. After checking out a few in person in the local diamond district (Philly), I took to the internet and eventually got in touch with Yoni at Eternity Diamonds. With his help, here is what I eventually purchased:

Cut: Cut-Cornered Square Modified Brilliant
Measurements: 5.81 x 5.79 x 3.99 mm
WeightL 1.06 carat
Depth: 68.9%
Table: 69%
Crown Height: 9.8%
Clarity: VS1
Color: H

You wouldn't believe the fire in this thing. I've included a few, but pictures don't do it justice.

Anyway, here's where Yoni shines. My fiance's sister got engaged a few months before I started on the ring, so I found out quickly that she adored halo settings. I inquired about his custom work, and he guaranteed that I would be impressed with his shop's abilities. I must have sent the man 50 emails in the first two weeks with ideas about the design, but he patiently answered my questions and always offered his professional expertise. From the start, I was going for a platinum legacy-inspired, bezel set Halo with an engraved Euro-shank. Over the course of two months, Yoni made it all happen. He sent me CADs, kept me updated, and was always available to talk by email or on the phone. Here's the end result, and I hope you all like it as much as I do. And please feel free to ask any questions, I'd be happy to answer if I can.

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/square-brilliant-engagement-ring-from-eternity-diamonds-t174469.html
Attachments
keith.jpg
keith.jpg (227.09 KiB) Viewed 6254 times

Post by Frenchgirl » April 22nd, 2012, 9:39 am
My chopard ring
Attachments
IMG_0930.JPG
IMG_0930.JPG (137.69 KiB) Viewed 6020 times
IMG_0933.JPG
IMG_0933.JPG (115.37 KiB) Viewed 6020 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 23rd, 2012, 2:13 pm
MikesRock » 22 Apr 2012 15:52

Here's a pic of my fiance's ring, just got engaged on Friday.

This is my first major jewerly purchase,and Im quite happy how the ring turned out. She loves it as well.

The center stone is a .96ct, VS1, I, Triple Excellent, no flourescense.

The setting is made my Coast Diamond, its a stock design (the model # is LC5220)
http://www.coastdiamond.com

Diamond Measurements are:

Depth: 61.5%
Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 35.5°
Crown Height: 15.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.6°
Pavilion Depth: 42.5%
Star Length: 55%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted (3.5%)

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/coast-96ct-halo-fishtail-vs1-i-t174570.html
Attachments
mikesrock.png
mikesrock.png (169.85 KiB) Viewed 5781 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 26th, 2012, 7:02 pm
Attached » 26 Apr 2012 15:22

I got my hands on my mother's upgrade and had to snap a few pictures because let's face it I will never be able to get this ring off my mother's finger again LOL. My father finally decided to bite the bullet and surprise my mother this incredible ring for their 25 year anniversary. I don't have the specifics on center stone or the ring. Sorry! Here is what I do know: The ring was custom made in one of LA's diamond district and the center stone is GIA, E color, VVS1, EX/EX/EX, and no florescence. My parents are superstitious and wouldn't consider anything lower in clarity. My parents were arranged here in the U.S., my father was 24 and my mother was 20, and their first time meeting each other was on their WEDDING DAY! It sounds a bit crazy in my mind still... because I can't see myself in that situation..., but 25 years later my parents are still happily married with three children. My parents say that in here in America people do things backwards... Americans fall in love then get married, whereas they got married and then fell in love LOL. Since, they were arranged my mother's parents bought my dad his wedding ring and my father's parents bought my mom her rings. Her wedding set was a little over a carat and wasn't the best quality. Neither of my parents had a say in what they got! Now she has this beauty to wear and cherish everyday.

Just for reference my finger is a size 6.

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/mom-s-2-56-ct-rb-upgrade-t174750.html
Attachments
attached.png
attached.png (331.01 KiB) Viewed 4396 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 26th, 2012, 7:04 pm
orbaya » 26 Apr 2012 11:41

I own three absolutely gorgeous pieces of jewelry from Whiteflash. My newest piece is a 1.5ct "Whiteflash By the Yard" necklace that has 10 diamonds that are .15 each. I also have a 3ct, 3 prong tennis bracelet, as well as a 1.65ct 5-stone ring which has .33ct stones. I decided to do a photo shoot with everything after I was asked to do so. These photos do not do these justice at all!

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-whiteflash-baubles-t174740.html
Attachments
orbaya.png
orbaya.png (388.68 KiB) Viewed 4393 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 26th, 2012, 7:06 pm
ooo~Shiney! » 25 Apr 2012 21:42

This was a really nice experience for me, and I truly didn't expect it to go
this easily.

The ring is 2.67 ct of 50 point goodness. On a size 7 finger
(got ring sized 7 1/2 for those hot days, also it will fit on my right hand too, that way)
E-F color
eye-clean stones.
(actually, truth be told, I have a very hard time seeing anything even with a loupe ! )

I am really really ecstatic over how quickly this all came together, as well.
About 2 weeks, I really thought it would take longer somehow...
And there was an appraisal included with the ring too
That is really time saving for me, I have very little time for anything
these days....

I have never had a ring this beautiful, it is bright a sizzling in all lighting,
just amazingly awesome and I love it so much !!!!

Thank you to everyone that offered advice, and absolutely
couldn't recommend IDJ highly enough.

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/loving-idjewelry-t174725.html
Attachments
ooo.png
ooo.png (512.74 KiB) Viewed 4392 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 26th, 2012, 7:09 pm
Cherokee1979 » 25 Apr 2012 13:39

Hello all. Let me first say a big THANK YOU to the PS community for all of your sage wisdom. Everyone has been incredibly helpful and kind, and I am SO grateful for your guidance and advice! Also, I owe a special thank you to diamondseeker2006 and mrssalvo; you ladies are so kind and knowledgeable, and I hope that life brings you the very best. Well, I apologize in advance for the long post (I research and write for a living and cannot seem to help myself).

Initially, since I was very, VERY pleased with the savings offered by the secondary market (I purchased both the ER and WB from a private seller online at a very reasonable price), I created a thread in RT detailing my experience, if anyone is interested (see http://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/my-secondary-market-experience-t174708.html). Although my experience with diamonds and jewelry shopping is not even a scintilla of the knowledge that the average PS’er has, I had thought it prudent to post my experience just in case it might be helpful to another newbie PS’er out there.

The proposal:
I rented for the weekend a charming, old log cabin, which was perfect for the occasion, as it was quaint, romantic, and most importantly, private. We are both rather private people, and I knew that my fiancée would want only the two of us present for the proposal, as it is a rather intimate moment. Accordingly, I made a fire in the stone fireplace and proposed to her right there (after, of course, fortifying my nerves with some “liquid courage”, a/k/a, cabernet). Also, I am not ashamed to say that, me being a bit emotional for a guy, I started to well up halfway through my little “speech” prior to popping the big question. She seemed to love it though, and she loved the ER!

The stone: .81 RB, AGS0 ideal cut, E color, VS1, 0.9 on the HCA, negligible fluorescence.

Although the below pictures don’t do a great job of showing this, the fire and light return on this stone is really impressive. I am SO happy that I went with an AGS0 (a big thanks to PS on that one)! As many here have said, it is really nice to have the reassurance of an AGS0 when buying sight-unseen! Also, the E color faces up incredibly white, which was very important to us.

I had initially wanted to get a larger RB (slightly over a carat) and buy it new. However, early into my ER search, we discovered that she was pregnant, thus making money even more of a consideration! In any event, my fiancée had expressed that she was not too concerned about size (as she is not “blingy” whatsoever) and she would much rather have high clarity (VS2 or better), & very high color, as she is VERY color sensitive. Also, I of course used my knowledge gained from PS to stress to her the importance of cut (I can imagine that she was getting really tired of hearing me use the term “AGS0” all of the time.)

The setting & band: Platinum Ritani EL halo & matching platinum WB. I knew my fiancée liked the bezel halo style (which is really nice considering her active lifestyle) and I thought that, if I could find a nice setting within our budget (hence the secondary market search), it would be a great way to maximize finger coverage (she wanted a delicate setting and has rather small fingers – size 4.25). The E color center stone seems to mesh perfectly with the F-G melee, and it is nice how the center stone is higher in color than the icy-white, delicate one-pointers.

Well, I apologize about the lackluster pics, but here goes!

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/ritani-el-halo-wedding-set-just-engaged-t174707.html
Attachments
cherokee.png
cherokee.png (466.58 KiB) Viewed 4392 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 26th, 2012, 7:10 pm
AsschrFan » 24 Apr 2012 15:25

This just arrived to my Mom's house, and will be making its way to me (in Paris) in the next few days with my Mom, who will be visiting me

I was looking for a wedding band for my asscher solitaire, and initially wanted a diamond eternity. But I started looking at ruby channel bands, and loved the idea of wearing my fiancee's birthstone in my band. The ones I saw listed online were either too thick or out of my price range. Then I saw this band on Dover Jewelry (remembering Gypsy's beautiful emerald version - Thanks Gypsy!), and decided to go for it, as the price ($499 with shipping) seemed right! The posting also said "not sizable" but it was sized up from 6.5 to 7.

Here are some shots my Mom took outside. The photos on Dover made the rubies seem a bit darker, but I love how bright they look! I can't wait to see how it looks with my e-ring...Hope it works!

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/ruby-diamond-wedding-band-from-dover-jewelry-t174657.html
Attachments
assch.jpg
assch.jpg (240.13 KiB) Viewed 4392 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 28th, 2012, 6:40 pm
Burk » 28 Apr 2012 14:54

Some of you have seen my pics of my reset of my 2.8ct OMC into a plain JbEG Sophie solitaire. I thought I'd start a separate thread since JbEG is discontinuing their custom work so there may not be many more out there. Also took pics of some of my other things. Enough talk, LOADS of pics to come!

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/burk-s-2-8ct-omc-sophie-reset-plus-family-pics-t174823.html
Attachments
burk.png
burk.png (175.91 KiB) Viewed 4099 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 28th, 2012, 6:43 pm
BJay » 27 Apr 2012 18:51

I proposed to my fiance a couple of days ago. I am so glad that I found this board and the wonderful people on here who helped me through the process of picking out an e-ring. A big thanks to Yekutiel at ID Jewelry as well. It was wonderful working with him. He was patient (I had a number of questions and he was very thorough with his answers) and he took a lot of time to explain certain things that I didn't know with regard to picking out a diamond. I found him to be honest and straight-forward. He gave me confidence that he would help me find a quality diamond ring for my budget and I felt that he was very sincere in wanting to make sure that I was fully satisfied with my purchase. The ring is 1.30 ctw... center stone is .90. I'm very happy with the end result and so is my fiance.

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-fiance-s-e-ring-from-idj-t174797.html
Attachments
bjay.png
bjay.png (273.35 KiB) Viewed 12668 times

Post by Amys Bling » April 28th, 2012, 6:46 pm
Resonance.Of.Life » 24 Apr 2012 01:33

My Fiance and I went to Tiffany's today to pick out a plain wedding band We both ended up falling for the Tiffany Lucida 18k rose gold with Platinum since it "matched" my e-ring. Alone by itself, it's hard to tell it's rose gold and platinum (it looks like it's all plat) when it's by itself, but next to my e-ring .. the rose gold really shines. It is approx 1.6mm at it's tallest point (the sales lady measured it) and it's 2mm wide.

Sorry, but camera phone pics are the only pics I have right now

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/tiffany-lucida-rose-gold-w-plat-wedding-band-t174629.html
Attachments
res.jpg
res.jpg (112.52 KiB) Viewed 12668 times

Post by nancyjohn » April 30th, 2012, 12:38 am
cool and gorgeous and i admire you

Post by Amys Bling » May 2nd, 2012, 6:49 pm
KristyDarling » 29 Apr 2012 21:59

Hi everyone!! I spent 45 minutes typing up a post and then lost it during the attempt to attach a photo, so here's the Reader's Digest version of my original post!

- Recently sold my 3.56 round with pear sides (Leon Mege setting), in order to get the chunky cushion halo I've been dreaming of for the last few years. This was to commemorate our 10 year wedding anniversary last year.
- Mark at ERD sourced my Old Mine Brilliant stone (3.18 I VS1, GIA). A jeweler on Mark's team created the hand-forged Harry Winston-style halo setting. Mark's jeweler has been creating hand-forged jewelry for the world's most renowned diamond houses for the last 25 years.
- Diamond specs: 3.18ct I/VS1 OMB, GIA. 9.44 x 8.04 x 5.58mm. Polish and Symmetry both Very Good. 50% table, 69.4% depth, slightly large culet.
- My ring size is 3.75. The prongs are single-claw prongs...they are *extremely* delicate! As for the pave -- Mark calls this style of pave "micro pave arches." The halo is 1.25mm and contains .22cts F/G VS quality diamonds. The shank contains .50cts and is 1.95mm. We used .950 platinum with ruthenium. The height of the donut to the table is 6.5mm.
- I love this ring. The craftsmanship, super high polish, and attention to detail are all superb. Every element is executed so delicately yet it FEELS so strong. Thank you, Mark!

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/3-14ct-omb-in-hand-forged-halo-setting-by-mark-at-erd-t174860.html
Attachments
kristy.png
kristy.png (202.41 KiB) Viewed 13576 times

8858 posts • Page 260 of 2961, 2, 3, ..., 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, ..., 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, ..., 293, 294, 295, 296

« Return to Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)