shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beakoon » 27 Mar 2012 16:02

This is my Emerald cut ring. It's a 1.75 carat VVS2 clarity, with a J color. To me, it looks quite clear and shiny, and I can see all of the nice steps inside. I wouldn't really consider this "warm", but then again, i've never held it up against a D or anything. Keep in mind that I have a size 4 finger and a thin platinum band, so the center stone looks fairly big on my finger. I really like it...I think that round brilliants and princesses get all the hype, but Emerald cuts are so classy yet blingy to me.

beakon.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
by ddlox » 26 Mar 2012 23:37

Hi Everyone,

This thread is a tribute to the quality work and outstanding service of Brian Gavin Diamonds. It's my best attempt to showcase the two products I have purchased from BGD in the recent weeks:

1. Blue Signature Diamond and Novela Setting:

1.218 ct / F / SI1 / AGS 000

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/Diamonds/diamond-details/1.218-F-SI1-round-Diamond-AGS-104054186005#!prettyPhoto
ttp://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/pave-and-side-stones/novela-platinum-5372p

2. Signature H&A Diamonds and Martini Cocktail Earrings:

0.427 ct / H / SI1 / AGS 000
0.414 ct / H / SI1 / AGS 000

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.427-h-si1-round-diamond-ags-104055878056
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.414-h-si1-round-diamond-ags-104055878058
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-earrings/studs/martini-cocktail-earrings-14k-white-gold-5430w14

From the pictures below, it is evident that Brian Gavin Diamonds exhibits A+ craftsmanship. In addition to producing superior products, BGD has phenomenal customer service representatives, who add a very personal experience to your purchase.

In addition to the pictures please check out the video, which was really fun to make btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O3qg2msSc0&context=C428068eADvjVQa1PpcFNR_tes5fhKEtH0-FeqKLdS-Pjnn2zydTs=

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...novela-signature-h-a-martini-earrings.173502/

ddlox.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chan_the_man » 27 Mar 2012 21:42

So this is my first and probably last post. This forum has been helpful for selecting an engagement setting and now that I have a ring I'd like to contribute some photos for future reference. Pics of this exact Stuller solstice are hard to come by....

And sorry the pics aren't the sharpest, my camera is from 2005 which makes it about 100 in dog years!

The ring:

Stuller solstice solitaire part no. 15520615
Platinum
1.08 ct stone
Ring size 8, re-sized from 7

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-08-ct-stuller-solstice-solitaire-in-platinum.173537/

chan.jpg

msbibliotecaria

Rough_Rock
I caved and got myself another right hand ring. It is a vintage 14K white gold ring with art deco detailing and a mine cut diamond in the center. It also has two marquise diamonds on either side and 10 other small round diamonds. The center diamond is estimated at .50 carats, H-I, SI1. I absolutely love it. I'm guessing it's from at least the 1920's, maybe earlier?? Not an expert, but I do love me some vintage.

ring1_27.jpg

ring4_13.jpg

ring3_15.jpg

ring2_24.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
msbibliotecaria » 28 Mar 2012 02:12

I caved and got myself another right hand ring. It is a vintage 14K white gold ring with art deco detailing and a mine cut diamond in the center. It also has two marquise diamonds on either side and 10 other small round diamonds. The center diamond is estimated at .50 carats, H-I, SI1. I absolutely love it. I'm guessing it's from at least the 1920's, maybe earlier?? Not an expert, but I do love me some vintage.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-vintage-ring-mine-cut-diamond.173545/

msb.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut » 28 Mar 2012 13:56

It has been awhile since I have posted but I felt these are definately post "worthy". I have looked for so long for a pair of sapphire and diamond earrings to complete my sapphire and diamond collection. Great things come to those who wait. I believe these are true vintage. Looking at the way they clip in the back, they are like lever backs, but they have a locking hook somewhat like on a bracelet. As much as I have admired jewelry throughout the years, I don't think I have ever seen that. I didn't get pics of that part of the earring but I figured you wanted to see the good parts. LOL! After louping them, the diamonds appear to have a vintage cut like minor cuts. They all have high crowns. The sapphires are a nice blue but they are not as blue as in the photos. They are a tiny bit abbrated but only seen when louped. The bezeled diamonds are miligrained and appear a slight champagne...maybe OEC's. Mix all of this together and I feel they are true vintage which I love!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vintage-platinum-sapphire-and-diamond-earrings.173557/

ccn.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bridget S. » 28 Mar 2012 22:39

With great fortune, a just-passed birthday, and a 15th anniversary coming up, I was in the market for a new stone. I have wanted a yellow diamond for the longest time. I knew that the person to see was David at Diamonds by Lauren. I am also fortunate enough to live in Boston, so I made an appointment and drove down to NYC for the day. When my friend and I arrive for our appointment, Robert meets us at the door, David is in his office in the back, he calls out "what ring size are you?" "5.5" I respond, he walks up front and hands me a ring. "Okay, try this on!" an over 3 carat marquise shaped fancy pink diamond, with half moon side stones, all halo'd ... gulp! ... so started my wonderful afternoon looking at all these amazing stones and rings. Despite knowing I wanted a yellow diamond, I was also very strongly attracted to the Old Mine Brilliants, Cushions and Radiants. I sent a list of stones and rings to to look at during our appointment. David spent so much time with us, showing us items on my list, and so many beautiful rings and stones that were not on the list! I was very impressed in the set up, the room was brightly lit with sunshine, so you could see the stones as they would appear in real life, the descriptions were spot on. I was torn having to choose between all these amazing stones (how lucky I feel that my 'problem' for the day was deciding which diamond I wanted!) I had looked at stones between one and two carats, but I was very attracted to the three stone rings, and I do not have a three stone ring. So after much deliberation between choosing a larger solitaire or the three stone rings, these are finally the two rings I narrowed it down to. The ring I purchased was the three stone, yellow diamond ring, described as having edge to edge sparkle, and incredibly well matched stones, it absolutely does! I can't wait for it to be sized and in my hot little hands. Hopefully by the end of the week!
I also bought a stunning 1.17 Old Mine Brilliant which I will have set in a three stone with sapphire sides when the funds allow, right now I will focus on the beautiful three yellow diamonds! I will take more (better!) pictures and more hand shots when the ring arrives and start a new thread.
As a lovely aside, David was taking pictures while I was wearing the large pink ring and he used the picture in the ad! Now I can add million dollar diamond ring hand model to my resume : )
I couldn't have been happier with the whole transaction, a big thank you to David and Robert!!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ellow-diamond-ring-diamonds-by-lauren.173587/

bridget.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mimi72 » 30 Mar 2012 13:37

I must start by paraphrasing LGK -- "I drank the french cut upgrade kool-aid. It was yummy."

Thanks to all of you who have responded to my many neurotic postings in the development of this ring. Many were iffy on the combo of an EC and FC sides, ie modern step cut and antique-y faceted french cuts. (Actually I didn't realize the EC was considered modern until after I commissioned the ring). But I just had to have it done, even though it was a huge risk since I couldn't find any photos of anything it might look like. In a way I was inspired to proceed by LittleSparkle, who has a cushion cut with step cut sides (traps and bullets) by LM. I thought the combo looked great together and was a nice bit of contrast of texture etc. This ring is sort of the inverse of hers.

Why did I choose Leon, since VC seems to be the darling of PS nowadays? Well, I started cruising PS back in about '05-'06. Those were big Leon years. I've had it in my head ever since that I would have a Leon Mege setting someday, and so it is. The experience was very positive.

My original e-ring was a 0.66 ct RB, ideal cut G VS2. Being naive back then I did a lot of research on the stone and bought the best we could afford at the time, but basically did no research on the setting. It was meant to hold probably at least a 1 ct so my poor stone just sunk right in and never looked right. I've been dreaming of an upgrade ever since. Though I wasn't necessarily looking for an EC or anything this big, this stone came up for sale in a ring at an auction house near me that does high end jewelry auctions a couple of times a year. I bid by phone and went one bid higher than I planned, and WON! Nearly passed out, but then recovered and am thrilled - I love the stone, it has tons of sparkle and life. It was a 10th anniversary present! We are now past #11.

I am thrilled!!!!! I've only been wearing it a few hours but I love it. The low setting will take some getting used to. I think I works well with this ring style, and it's part of what makes a Leon a Leon. I so far like the sleek, low, understated elegant look.

Specs:
3.77 ct emerald cut GIA certed E SI1
Table 65%
Depth 66.6%

Sides - 1.17 ctw french cuts, F/G color
Ring size 5.25
I wanted a smooth rather than milgrain edge to better complement the clean lines of the step cut.
I don't plan to wear a wedding band...sort of "over that" and feel like any ring is sufficient to send the message that "I'm taken"

Warning...many photos...and not spectacular ones! Not too many flowers here yet in IL!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ade-emerald-cut-with-french-cut-sides.173652/

mimi.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Farleysmom » 30 Mar 2012 10:01

I bought a very pretty 2.5 ct M SI1 last year and had it set into a temporary 6-prong solitaire setting. It is an older stone (not sure if it is a tranny) and has very chunky flashes. I just didn't like the way it looked in the plain setting (too much like a traditional ering) and it never sat flush with any band. After looking at all the beautiful halo settings here on PS, I decided to set it into a halo setting made by Gabriel and Company. The ring is 18k with .50 ctw of VS1/VS2 melee. My initial concern with the halo was how my M colour stone would look against the G/H colour of the stones in the halo. I think it turned out rather well. Sorry for the onslaught of photos to follow. Thanks for looking.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-my-halo-reset-of-my-rhr.173641/

farlye.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trekkie » 31 Mar 2012 12:27

The pendant... Well, the pendant is a bit of a silly story. For the longest time I have had an unhealthy obsession with Amethyste's Lemony. One day, when I'm all grown up, I hope to own something as beautiful as Lemony. *sigh* In the meanwhile, PS, please meet Rae.

Rae is a little .21 that I bought while on holiday in Cape Town last year. Looking at her reminds me of Cape Town's summer sunshine. The little .03 above was part a Christmas gift from my dad and stepmom. The actual gift was a yellowwood jewellery box my dad had made - the little diamond was inside it, keeping it warm.

Rae is set in 18kt yellow gold and her little three pointer friend is set in palladium.

Without further ado...

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...and-itty-bitty-yellow-diamond-pendant.173684/

trekkie.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ganesha » 31 Mar 2012 19:51

I'm so excited to share the latest addition to my jewelry collection. The stone is an absolutely gorgeous 2.82ct OEC purchased from JbEG. The color—O/P according to GIA—is so, so beautiful! Depending on the lighting, it ranges from a rich, creamy white to a pale yellow. It performs beautifully in even the most dead lighting conditions, with gorgeous contrast and bold flashes of color. I adore the faceting pattern.

The stone was purchased loose, and I knew I wanted to set it in rose gold to complement its warmth. Browsing eBay one day, I happened to come across a very pretty 8-prong rose gold setting with an awful synthetic in it. Although I didn't have the actual measurements of the CZ, the proportions looked about right so I took a chance and bought the setting, because it was a great price in any case, and if the diamond didn't fit I planned to use it for a colored stone down the line.

Wanting to work with a local jeweler that was sensitive to antique jewelry, I took my OEC and the setting to Adam at Old World Diamonds. He was certain his bench could set my stone, so I left it with him. During that visit, he also showed me a few of his larger antique stones... wow, does he have a great eye and some gorgeous baubles in his collection!

The following day, Adam emailed to tell me that all eight prongs would need work in order to safely set my stone, which understandably was an expensive repair and given the antique alloy, might not match perfectly. As an alternative, he offered to have his bench replicate the setting for a very reasonable price. I accepted the second option and two weeks later picked up this beauty! During that visit to his office (my fiancé joined me this time) Adam very graciously pulled out some more stones for us to ogle even though he knew we weren't buying. He also honored his original quote although the materials ended up costing more than expected. He was a delight to work with, very generous with his time, and even sent me home with a sample of his specially formulated jewelry cleaner. Overall an excellent experience, and I hope to work with him again soon!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-2-82-warm-oec-in-rose-gold-8-prong-setting.173701/

ganesha.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bridget S. » 01 Apr 2012 19:40

I posted my review of my purchasing experience with David at Diamonds By Lauren in this thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-yellow-diamond-ring-diamonds-by-lauren.173587/#post-3158825#p3158825']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-yellow-diamond-ring-diamonds-by-lauren.173587/#post-3158825#p3158825[/URL] and received the ring and stone on Saturday. My whole review stands true, but I also wanted to add that another wonderful thing about my dealings with David were the total lack of pressure to purchase, or make me feel like if I didn't buy right then, I was missing out! Onto specifications and pictures, lots and lots of pictures!

The centre stone in the three stone ring is GIA graded, 0.86, W-X, light yellow, natural colour, the two sides are .20 each, total carat weight 1.26. My ring size is 5.5. Sometimes the yellow is more evident, other times it just looks a little warm. I didn't have a lot of sun yesterday, but damn! this baby sparkles! These are my first radiant cuts, and I love the seeming depthlessness of them. Just beautiful!

The Old Mine Brilliant is also GIA graded as 1.14 L, SI2. I've decided to start the process to turn this into a three stone ring as well.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-yellow-diamond-ring.173726/

bridg.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
cottonbear » 01 Apr 2012 20:18

Hi Everyone!

My wonderful (now) fiancee just proposed yesterday with the beautiful ring that we picked out together. I was never a girl who loved diamonds, but that's unfortunately not the case anymore. I've been lurking around the forums for information and inspiration. Couldn't have done it without you guys

I had a very hard time choosing between the Mark Schneider Beloved and Clarity, which are both very beautiful designs. However, when I saw the Tacori, I immediately fell in love with it's simplicity and subtle crescent detail. Here are the specs:

Setting: Tacori 2584 in Platinum, ring size 5 ( a little loose right now, may need to get it resized. It's spinning too much.)
Diamond: 1.73 carat RB; triple ex; J color; faint fluorescence; SI1 clarity; 1.3 HCA (The HCA definitely helped weed out the bad ones)

I'm ridiculously happy with the diamond and the setting. My personal preference was for the diamond to look a little square-ish, and the prongs definitely helped do that. The diamond faces up very "white" to me. I don't notice any kind of tint (but I'm a newbie). Please excuse the unmanicured hands

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-tacori-2584-engagement-ring.173728/

cotton.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
pinkprashu » 02 Apr 2012 14:40

I have been looking for a perfect right hand ring for a while until I came across the classic Cartier trinity 'Les Must De Cartier' ring and am in love....

It has been a few weeks since I bought this but feel like I am liking it more and more every day and haven't been able to take it off.

Here are some photos

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cartier-trinity-to-call-my-own.173750/

pink.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
madelise » 02 Apr 2012 22:30

Hello, PS!

I've been meaning to do a SMTB thread or two for the few goodies I have, but have always put it off. I just got inquired about my avatar by Miss Audball, so I'm finally coming around to it for this one!

I was given a budget for my graduation present last summer, with the intent to allow me to upgrade my promise ring for a full 1 carat-er by my dear SO. (I always had a sneaking suspicion that he just forgot to get me a present, so he just gave me that excuse to save himself ) My original promise ring is a 0.70 F VS2 (GIA) radiant in a replica of the old Cartier 1895 setting that he purchased for me when we first started talking about nuptials, and right before we moved in together to our own apartment. I used Pricescope on my smartphone in a local B&M jeweler's store to compare stats and prices, and negotiated a buy-back and upgrade policy. I guess SO had the intention that I would take my first ring, and combined with my graduation allowance, get a bigger rock with a prettier setting. He totally ignored that I had told him a million times that prices went up the roof!

Basically, with my graduation moneys and the buy-back value combined, I could buy my own diamond back So with his blessing, I just made myself a 2nd p-ring/"class ring". I don't know what to call it, and I don't really care for labels anyway

I knew I loved the pear shape, and how it's a less common shape nowadays, so I called my jeweler, and had her bring in a few pears that were within my budget. I wanted a fat, short pear that was under a 1.5 ratio, but not TOO fat and short.

I was going to have a custom made cast setting made for a halo with plain shank, but I was getting antsy to have it done before a particular event I was attending. It had been already over a month past my graduation! So I had my jeweler's husband take a plain solitaire with a slightly tapered shank and a halo pendant, and solder the two together. In my excitement, it was perfect , but now I'd like to redo it one day as the diamonds in the halo aren't evenly space, and I find the airline between my center stone and the halo quite annoying.

I am, however, very pleasantly surprised what a big difference a halo makes in the sense of finger coverage! And the fact that pears face up a tad larger, too

Stats:
0.70, F, VS2 (small white feather in the table, but it's only visible if I stare deeply and tilt at a certain angle)
7.47 x 5.12 x 3.15 mm
depth: 61.5%
table: 54%
medium to slightly thick, faceted girdle
no florescence

It is an EGL USA diamond, and I compared it with a GIA G and my own GIA F. It's definitely a tiny tinge more tinted than my F, but not as tinted as the couple of G's I had next to it. I knew that risk, though, and am happy with my ring.

My two babies next to each other

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/0-70-f-vs2-halo-pear-ring-pendant-makeover.173772/

madelise.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
siamese3 » 04 Apr 2012 10:45

I had been kind of stalking this band for months and months and then, poof! it disappeared! I was sad, but thems the breaks when you wait. To my delight, it was relisted at an even better price, so my nervous waiting begain. I had a slight panick when a lovely pricescoper linked to it in a recent thread, but no one else bid, so I took the plunge. It is much prettier and delicate in person than in the vendor photos and I really quite like the milgrain. My photos aren't the greatest as I am dreadfully shaky and impatient.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-baguette-eternity-band.173821/

siamese.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsM » 04 Apr 2012 18:08

Back in December, I was lucky enough to have been able to get the original Burk. I had been wanting a lovely OEC for a while and could not pass up that opportunity. It took me a while to decide on a setting, but I ended up going to Single Stone and am very pleased with the final product--after tweaking the bezel a bit!

Had the stone graded by EGL while it was down in LA also, and it came out to be a 2.04 ct M color, VS1 stone. It has "poor" symmetry but I cannot tell with the bezel. I snapped these photos right after I ripped open the package at work, so it's the best I could do with my phone. Will do a better photoshoot later...

Single Stone was lovely to work with and I highly recommend them. They were very patient and wanted to make sure I was totally happy with the ring at the end. I was definitely nervous going into this project as I was not able to visit their store and try on a bunch of styles to figure out what I loved most. But now I know i made the right choice!!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/old-burk-finally-has-new-home.173840/

mrsm.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Md123456789 » 04 Apr 2012 15:20

After much though and deliberation- Here is my brand new engagement ring setting!! I worked extremely closely with Greg of G. Jezarian to create a custom design which was then handmade. I have also included some pics with some wedding bands I have tried on for scale

Setting Stats:
1.7mm
Platinum three sided "flat" setting with pave diamonds on the basket and claw prongs

Stone Stats:
1.87ct
I Color
vs2

I am loving my new setting!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-brand-new-e-ring-setting-by-g-jezarian.173832/

md.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ah7es » 04 Apr 2012 19:38

I finally got pictures of my engagement ring (a slightly modified Vatche Caroline from Vatche with a diamond from Whiteflash) and wedding band (a custom eternity band from Whiteflash). The engagement ring diamond is a 2.263 ct. E SI1 and the wedding band has 22 10 pointers.

They are shipping the rings soon, so I don't have hand shots yet, but I will update when I do! Thanks to all of you who posted your thoughts on the wedding band, it helped immensely!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-rings-from-whiteflash-are-done.173843/

ah7.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
athenaworth » 05 Apr 2012 17:37

After having seen this stone in Fortekitty's collection back in November, I couldn't stop drooling. She was kind enough to set it aside until I was ready for it. After a little bit of trouble with shipping it's here. My little survivor made it to me. I had her set today (what can I say, I'm an instant gratification gal?) and now I have layers (with another FK OEC).

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/layers-of-oec-goodness.173877/

athena.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
fruxo » 06 Apr 2012 08:35

These pictures are related to my other thread that can be found here:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pear-halo-engagement-ring-diamond-cad-ring-proposal-bgd.173914/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pear-halo-engagement-ring-diamond-cad-ring-proposal-bgd.173914/[/URL]

In short, I recently proposed with this pear halo engagement ring bought from brian gavin diamonds. Below are pictures of diamond and ring etc. Most are self explanatory, but should clarify that the balloon pictures are from proposal. I had 100 balloons on ceiling and another 30 or so nicer ones around the house. Looks a bit messy and disorganized in the picture, but looked nicer in real life. Also, I had a very hard time getting good shots of the ring. It looks nicer in real life and very sparkly.

The ring is of size 8.25 (for diamond size reference) and is made of platinum. Diamond stats are as follow:
Carat: 1.57
Size: 10.07 x 6.66 x 3.94 mm
Color: H
Clarity: SI2 (eye clean)
Depth: 59.1%
Table: 57%
Girdle: slightly thick - thick
Symmetry: Very good
Polish: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
L/W ratio: 1.51
Certificate comments: Additional twinning wisps are not shown. Surface graining is not shown.
Certificate: GIA

Brian gavins opinion:
"The diamond is beautiful with great life to it. It is difficult to show this in a 2dimensional static picture but I assure you that it is a great stone."

EDIT: since many people mentioned the color due to my other thread, I thought I'd clarify; even though I freaked out about the yellow/warmth in the diamond from my first impression, it turned out that I was wrong It is very nice and I have no idea why I saw so much color when I first opened it. I CAN still see a little warmth in certain lightning, but very minor and quite nice actually. So we are all good regarding the color now despite initial scare.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ring-diamond-cad-ring-proposal-photos.173913/

fruxo.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
bright ice » 05 Apr 2012 22:31

My OEC has a home and it's a perfect match. I sent my VC Sophia setting to Victor and he set my new OEC. It looks like they have always been together. The M OEC faces up significantly whiter than the N RB and perfectly matches the French cut sides

These are all indoors, I will need a little time and some sunshine to get some outdoors.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-setting-and-oec-are-finally-together.173883/

brightice.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results