shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aeolianarpa » 22 Sep 2011 22:42
Hello folks. Here are some pics of an ('til now) apparently mythical VC 3-stone ring. Center is 3ct heated Sri Lankan blue (native cut and deep), sides are half carat each of F/G VS AGS0s. I'm not accustomed to wearing more hefty rings but, eh, let's just say I'm learning to tolerate it. The style no. is 968-3.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-stone-van-craeynest.166062/

Attachments

• aeolo.bmp
    510.5 KB · Views: 2,371

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Upgradable » 22 Sep 2011 08:34
Some of you may remember that I started this project quite a while ago. The stones that are going to be mounted in this ring are from a vintage piece and are omcs. The rubies have the same cuts. The band is in 18k yellow gold made by Adias Jewelry Atelier. She is mounting the stones today, and I hope to have the piece on my hand by next week. I'm so excited!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mock-up-of-new-ruby-and-diamond-eternity-band.166007/

Attachments

• upgradeable.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 2,370

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsM » 22 Sep 2011 12:33
I am so excited to share my new addition! It just came yesterday and was able to take a few shots this morning before heading out to work. I am going to wear this as a RHR and bought it for myself to celebrate the decision to go back to work full-time after working part-time for the past 17 years in order to raise my two kids (they are still in high school but require less time from me right now...) I never though I'd buy a 5-stone ring for myself and have simply enjoyed seeing everyone else's on PS, but when this AVR came out, it pushed me over the edge.

So here it is: AVR 5-stone band from Good Old Gold. Size 5 1/2. 1.33 tcw. The setting is platinum and custom made by Vatche--it is beautiful. Having never seen an August Vintage cut stone in person, these stones blow me away. The light return and beautiful faceting...I am beyond happy! This satisfies my yearning for a solitaire OEC for a while (still would like one one day but haven't found the right one yet).

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-avr-band.166019/

Attachments

• mrsm.bmp
    898.2 KB · Views: 2,378

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
sjm » 24 Sep 2011 08:25
OK Ladies, As promised - hopefully my uploading will work! As most people say the pictures do not do justice to the ring in real life - it sparkles like crazy! I also feel like the pictures make it all look much darker that it really is. Nevertheless the stats are:

F
SI1 (The teeny tiny bubble that is apparently existent but beyond microscopic I can't find despite "knowing" where it is)
The setting is 18 karat white gold with about 0.63 CTW (G-H SI1) in the side and basket.
Ring size 7 Wide (which I think means 7. 1/8 but I am going to get it sized a bit bigger to 7.25 I think)

We got the ring custom made though it was based off a simon g ring we saw and liked. We went custom because it was going to cost about the same (maybe a smidgen more) but we got a much sturdier ring - he used a ton of gold, the ring is quite heavy especially if I think back to some of the designer ones I tried on in store.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/60-signing-off.165995/

Attachments

• sjm.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 2,267

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
LookingFor » 23 Sep 2011 15:29
Hi all,

A while ago I posted here asking for some advice on a ring. I ended up going with the platinum version of this ring from Eternity Diamonds, as well as a beautiful 1.03ct round diamond from them which happened to be triple-excellent (the polish and symmetry were a bonus... I was mostly concerned about getting an excellent cut). She had no idea I had been looking for a ring or that I was going to propose. She was completely blown away by it, so I think I made the right choice.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-diamond-in-halo-diamond-studded-band.166096/

Attachments

• lookingofr.bmp
    742.6 KB · Views: 2,257

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619 » 24 Sep 2011 04:10
I want to start out by thanking PS and all the wonderful members of the forum for all the knowledge I've gleaned over the years! I still have my original 0.98 carat round diamond that my DH proposed with, but this is the diamond I purchased after I found PS. I fell in love with halos from the moment I first saw them on PS. I knew I had to eventually get one for the amazing finger coverage they provide. I highly recommend Eternity Diamonds, who made this custom halo. Yoni is the guy to talk to. He truly goes above and beyond, and he has been so patient and accommodating. Eternity Diamonds has amazing quality and wonderful prices. Seriously, the prices are so reasonable but the quality is there, and that's the most important thing. They use G/H ideal cut melee and it's extremely white and bright in person. They look whiter than my center stone. This is a very sturdy halo and shank, which was extremely important to me since I don't want to worry about losing stones or having to baby the ring. It's a LOT of finger coverage and it will take some getting used to, haha. But I'm sure I'll be fine with it in no time. I feel very lucky! Anyway, thanks for looking, and if you're shopping for diamond studs or a reset, I highly recommend calling Yoni. I hope they become more well-known around PS!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...r-1-8-ct-round-finger-coverage-galore.166116/

Attachments

• laila.bmp
    640.8 KB · Views: 2,270

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
marcy » 25 Sep 2011 02:39
During the summer sometimes my anniversary band doesn't fit too well so recently I decided I would get another band to wear on those warm days. I wanted something different than my normal band so I decided to look at sapphire diamond bands. My solitaire is YG and most of the rings I found were WG so I ended up buying a .21 ctw sapphire diamond band in WG.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-anniversary-band.166139/

Attachments

• marcy.bmp
    385.7 KB · Views: 2,172

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
natascha » 25 Sep 2011 08:03
Well if anyone has followed my unhappiness with my engagement ring setting, this is one of the pit stops towards a resolution. During my waffeling over what to do regarding my setting, I found a lovely carmose ring ( don't know what to call it in English). Imagine my shock when I found out that the sapphire it currently contains is pretty much a match to my OMC. Pretty much the same shape and incredibly the measurements are very close. The sapphire is 6.9 x 6.0mm and my OMC is 6.89 x 6.17mm. Since it is a prong setting it should work to put my poor OMC in this new setting.

Well since I have to be complicated I went and fell in love with how the setting and the sapphire looks together .

The ring kinda looks like the little sister Princess Diana/Kate's engagement ring. Same color sapphire included. The sapphire is that typical really dark blue but when the light hits it goes all blue flashes. Also it has some abrasions to the facet edges near the table.

The ring is from 1945 so it has some issues that need to be fixed, several prongs need retipping. So as soon as I have decided what to do with it it is going in for a complete refurbishment.

The head is 18kt white gold and the shank is 18kt red gold. It has 10 five pointers, H color and SI, probably leaning towards transitional cuts. They are definitively not modern cuts.They are nice and firey in practically every lightning situation.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yay-my-new-sapphire-carmose-cluster-halo-ring.166143/

Attachments

• nata.bmp
    710.7 KB · Views: 2,171

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak » 27 Sep 2011 11:01
Her FI proposed to her on a mountain in Colorado, juggling "this shiny sparkly thing," she wrote me, among water bottles & cameras & lunch packs. He bought it w/out her & she's thrilled to pieces with it -- I offered to give it a rescue home if she couldn't keep it. No dice.

She knows zip about gems, but this is what she remembers:

Center stone 1 ct G VS2. No info on the 2 side stones, I suppose similar color & clarity. Setting platinum. Wedding ring is "thinner with 7 smaller diamonds along the top," according to its future owner. I wouldn't mind swanning around with it.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-niece-is-engaged-wish-this-were-mine.166260/

Attachments

• jewel.bmp
    896.3 KB · Views: 1,966

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondsareforeverxoxo » 26 Sep 2011 13:20
Here she is!!!!!!

diamondsare.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
LittleSparkle » 27 Sep 2011 10:13
Hi all! After receiving my amazeballs AVC e-ring, I decided that I would be wearing my e-ring and future w-band on separate hands so as to avoid damaging my e-ring (I also think it is so pretty that it ought to stand alone!). I planned to wear my wedding band with a very narrow plain band and really wanted something unique and of the diamond eternity variety. I was also leaning towards bezels and milgraining so that the band had a little something in common with my e-ring. I did a lot of band-browsing and found that I just wasn't in love with any of the bezel bands out there. I also really liked the idea of having a one of a kind wedding band. So I did what any crazy Pricescoper would do and built my own dream band!

Step 1: Got in touch with the fabulous Marie at Good Old Gold and explained that my one AVC just wasn't enough ( ) and that I wanted to buy many, many more. 12, to be specific. A hand-selected mix of AVCs and AVRS, all around .25 ct.

Step 2: Emailed Lesley at Brian Gavin Diamonds. I've worked with Lesley and BGD a number of times in the past and just adore them and really wanted them to be involved in the project. I drew up a few sketches of how I wanted the band to look (light on the metal, heavy on the sparkle, a pinch of milgraining for good flavor...) and sent those off. The project ended up being a bit complicated due to the various shapes/sizes of my AVC/AVR mix, but Lesley and Brian were incredibly patient and helpful and painstakingly designed the perfect band. Lesley was fantastic, as usual, and answered every email and even sent me progress shots.

Step 3: Waited impatiently for my band to be complete. Last night I received an email from Lesley informing me that the band was complete and that sneak peek shots were on their way. The band will not arrive until later this week, but I couldn't wait to share the pictorial journey with my Pricescopers.

Here are a few early shots of my new band! Will post the sneak peek shots as soon as they arrive and hand shots later in the week. And then the band gets locked away for months and months until the big day!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/avc-avr-bezel-eternity-band-by-bgd.166257/

Attachments

• littles.bmp
    747.8 KB · Views: 1,924

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Attachments

• divad.bmp
    898.2 KB · Views: 1,920

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmr_mama » 28 Sep 2011 17:54
Just wanted to show off my new eternity band from I.D. jewelry. It's 5.34 ctw (~.35 stones). This is an early 30th birthday present from my husband. The diamonds in this band are super sparkly!

This will be worn as a RHR...if I can get used to wearing it on my right hand. It's a size 7...but I have it on my left hand...which is a size 5.75-6.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-34-carat-eternity-band-from-i-d-jewelry.166334/

Attachments

• hmr.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 1,851

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
orbaya » 22 Sep 2010 15:47
I picked up my BGD scatter band this morning! It is beautiful and thin, which is what I wanted. It is 3mm, 18kt white gold with a brushed finish and has 20 diamonds instead of the standard 10, is a size 4.5. I'm sooo glad that I did double the amount of diamonds because the spacing is perfect. The band with the 10 stones would have been spaced out too much and I personally wouldn't have cared for it. The brushed finish really makes the diamonds pop, so I recommend that finish on this particular ring.

In my pictures, I couldn't capture how sparkly these little diamonds are, especially in the sun. The ring as a whole has more of a shimmer than big sparkles, depending on the lighting conditions. Here are a few pics!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bgd-scatter-band-is-here.149969/

orbaya.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe » 29 Sep 2011 14:35
When I got engaged, I knew that I'd never want to upgrade ... but I never said anything about not adorning the other 9 fingers! In point of fact, I kidded about it from the get-go: my husband was my best friend before we were ever together in a romantic fashion, and he knew what he was getting in for.

This year we're celebrating our fifth year of being together, fourth year of being married: we're expecting our first child; and, well, there's just an awful lot to celebrate. So I got an awful lot of ring.

Back in the summer, we started talking a little more seriously about the possibility of buying a Big Deal Ring to mark the occasion: as y'all will recall, this is right around the time prices started to go up ... and up ... and UP. I was seriously starting to get a little worried about getting priced out of the market! I mean - I love my original e-ring: it's a one and a half carat J VS1, and it measures at 7.4 mm. I loved the color and clarity, but I wanted to go up in size enough for it to be at least vaguely noticable ... and that was starting to seem unlikely.

Except ... after months of combing the various vintage sites, I remembered this ring I'd seen in the window of my favorite dealer every day on my way to work. I used to stop and say hello to it, coming and going. I'd tried it on once, back before the concept was a twinkle in my husband's eye ... and it occurred to me to check and see if the stone was still available. Bingo! And just to make me even happier, the dealer honored his original quote from back when I'd first tried it on, leaving me with enough to consider the custom setting of my dreams.

So, without further ado ....

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ng-2-5-carats-of-transitional-cut-joy.166379/

Attachments

• circe.bmp
    210.7 KB · Views: 2,997

vivid2012

Rough_Rock
wow, so gorgeous ring it is.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut » 29 Sep 2011 16:52
I had been drooling over this ring from Ebay for awhile and my husband let me click the BIN opton for our Anniversary. So glad I did. It is an 8x6 mm pink tourmaline set into an 18k wg vintage/deco setting with light champagne .10ctw OEC diamonds. Normally I wouldn't too much for champagne colored diamonds but these seem to fit this era/style of ring perfectly. This is a picture of the ring in the ring box that I talked the seller into including it with my purchase. The rest of the pics are outdoors in natural/overcast lighting with no flash. I love the cut and the color of the tourmaline. It may borderline closer to a rubellite in certain lighting. It was obviously a keeper.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...urmaline-ring-for-my-22nd-anniversary.166387/

Attachments

• ccn.bmp
    450.1 KB · Views: 3,797

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
babooshka » 29 Sep 2011 14:43
Hi everyone

Finally I am able to post here, pics of my new e-ring, my original was damaged and my husband offered to get me a better one, one day, and, two and half years later, that day finally came - she sparkles like mad and i'm so proud to have her - we were meant to be together!

It was made at Graff, London and the centre stone is a pear 1.5 carat, D VS2, with two .35 side pears, in platinum (ring size 5.5).

I took advantage of the mini-heatwave we are experiencing in the UK and took some pics of it in the sunshine!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-pear-replacement-e-ring.166380/

babooska.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Faluzure » 29 Sep 2011 15:27
This post is long overdue. Those that remember me can reference my original posts nearly a year ago about trying to find a specific Radiant diamond that was similar to a video Good Old Gold recorded a long ago. Simply put, Jonathan informed me that Radiants vary widely in appearance and the one I referenced in his video was one that was sold a long time ago and he hasn't had any like it since then. After months of waiting and exhausting all his channels, Jonathan gave me the option of obtaining a raw diamond that would match my specifications and getting his cutter to recreate it. After getting it cut, I then had to figure out the setting and after a couple months, I had to get that custom-made too.

After about a year of waiting for the perfect setting for my now fiance, I ended up proposing to her in Cancun, Mexico for our first overseas vacation in front of a crowd of over 500 people at our resort.

Since then, we've been planning our wedding I had to call upon Good Old Gold once more to get me a custom-made wedding band that will fit her engagement ring. The wedding band is being created as I type this, but I hope to have it in my possession in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, if you'd like to reference the original post, it's located here:
[ [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/radiants-hard-to-find.140989/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/radiants-hard-to-find.140989/[/URL] ]

Jonathan took the liberty of taking some YouTube videos of the diamond ring as well:
[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLI67hZG5d0 ] - Diamond Video
[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U6g90zI1hw ] - Ring Video

Lastly, I want to again thank Jonathan for his diamond expertise, helpfulness, and extreme patience with me over the course of the past year. Also I would like to thank Marie, who helped to take my idea of both an engagement ring & wedding band and get it custom made to my specifications. Marie has been a tremendous help on both occasions. I would absolutely recommend Good Old Gold to anyone and can not say enough good things about my experience and jewelry.

Without further ado, here are some of the pictures I shot of the ring. Hopefully the wedding band will be in soon and I can add them as well.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/long-overdue-post-good-old-gold-custom-ring.166383/

Attachments

• falz.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 3,771

peachy4397

Rough_Rock
^^ wow, amazing ring!!

Here is mine. This is a 1.26 RB with .33 in the band. I am still deciding on the wedding band -- if I want to get a matching band with same-size diamonds, or one with larger diamonds. Will post photos when I go back to the store!

ring_6.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
fouroheight68 » 30 Sep 2011 11:36
Hi All,

Thanks to the forum, I became an educated diamond shopper who was able to design a ring that met both my girlfriends desires and my budget. I ended up with a .8 ct RB center stone, VS1, I color, set in a platinum band with 40 side stones totalling .3 carats. I think its absolutely beautiful, and the best part is my girlfriend picked the band out herself (at a jewelry store) but thought I couldnt afford it (until I found pricescope's online retailers!). The stone scored a .7 on the HCA and a 1B on the ACA/NAJA cut tool. It is absolutely stunning in the light! Sorry about the poor photos - all I have is my cell phone camera for now

Im planning on asking her in a few weeks when we go to Cabo. I've rented a private sailboat to take us around lover's beach at sunset with wine, roses, and dinner... I think she will be swept off her feet

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-ring-is-in-80-ct-set-in-platinum-pave.166425/

Attachments

• four.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 3,729

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire » 30 Sep 2011 18:41
First and foremost, many thanks to all of the terrific members of PS who have endured this journey with me. If not for you, I wouldn't have even known what an antique stone looked like, much less what to look for.

Second, truckloads of thanks to Ari at Singlestone. This ring could never have come to fruition without all of his patience, hand-holding and honesty. Not only is he an artist, but he's a wonderful person and has been a delight to work with.

The ring is being shipped to me on Monday, but Ari sent a few photos to tide me over. He asked me to remember that these are "pre-polishing". I will post handshots as soon as the ring is on my finger! I hope that you all think the setting is worthy of this special stone. I am honored to be it's guardian until it's time to pass it down to a grandchild someday.

I know you all want stats, so here they are: 2.83 OMB (technically speaking...the GIA report says oval modified brilliant). E color, VS2 clarity, ring size 5.5

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/antique-oval-and-singlestone-setting-perfection.166449/

yenny.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
DivaDiamond007 » 30 Sep 2011 20:43
Hi all Now that my husband and I are done having children, we (meaning I) decided that it was time for me to get a mother's ring. However, my kids' birthstones are Garnet and Ruby. Two red stones and I didn't feel that was my style. We then considered getting H&A sidestones to go with my .84/K/SI1 H&A, but would have to buy a new setting at about double what I wanted to spend. But...I have a lifetime upgrade at the jeweler that sold me my .84, and I only had to spend $1.00 more than my original purchase price to qualify. I began oogling all of the beautiful rings we have on here and my heart went pitter-patter each time I saw a wonderfully warm, chunky cushion so that's what we went with. Enjoy the pics!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-1-22-l-si1-chunky-cushion-upgrade.166452/

Attachments

• diva.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 3,671

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
aussiemel » 30 Sep 2011 16:06
I have been lurking here for a while but this is my first post

I have been married for 13 years, when we got engaged we couldn´t afford a very expensive ring (up to now I had a 0.25 round brilliant with small sidestones) and I always dreamed of getting a 1 carat diamond ring. Now my dream has finally come true, my husband bought me a diamond and I had the ring custom made to fit next to my wedding and eternity bands. I love princess cuts but also wanted the ring to match my other two bands which have small round brilliants, so we had 3 small rounds set into each side of the ring. The ring is made out of white and yellow gold.

It´s a long story, but it was a drama to get the ring made, a friend of ours is a goldsmith and made the ring for me but the workmanship was a bit poor, the prongs were very uneven, the prongs weren´t `V`prongs like I wanted and the stone still moved and rattled in the setting after the ring had been sent back 3 times, there were other problems too, needles to say I was very disappointed I had spent a lot of time planning it with him, I was quite shocked that it turned out the way it did. I expressed my frustration to my husband and we decided to find another jeweller to completely redo the ring. I am thrilled with the results I am a perfectionist and like everything to be even and symmetrical

My diamond is H colour, VVS1, 1.05 carat, ratio 1:10 (slightly rectangular).

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-princess-cut-engagement-ring-upgrade.166440/

Attachments

• aussie.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 3,686

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit » 30 Sep 2011 22:41
My friend Catherine has been married for almost 2 years now, and last night as she was helping me celebrate my birthday with some cake and wine, it was the first time I thought about snapping a pic of her gorgeous ring. I don't know all of the specs, but I do know that the center stone is a 1.09 D cushion and the setting was a custom made replica of the Tiffany Legacy.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-friends-tiffany-legacy-inspired-ring.166458/

lil.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
LittleRiver » 02 Oct 2011 09:21
My FI (!) proposed yesterday so I am now engaged! I knew the ring was in the house so I did not think she would be able to surprise me, but she did -- she proposed at 8:30 AM!! We live in post-marriage equality NY and we are so happy to be engaged to be legally married.

Now on to the good stuff Center is a 1.06 F SI1 H&A Canadian diamond from Good Old Gold. (Special thanks to nfowife for finding the stone.) Setting is MWM's Petite Torchiere. Ring is a small 5.75.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-with-mark-morrell-petite-torchiere.166501/

Attachments

• littleriver.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 3,509
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results