shape
carat
color
clarity

The first SuperbCert Tiffany 18 KT. YG Channel Set :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hawkwind

Rough_Rock

What a busy, yet amazing weekend! We just got back from Disney late last night. It was a truly magical weekend - and I have to thank Barry from Excel Diamonds for going above and beyond our expectations.

On Thursday morning, I had no clue if I was going to have this custom ring by Friday (we had to drive 4 hours on Friday to get to Disney). My plan was to propose on Friday night in the rose garden beside Cinderella's Castle after eating dinner at Cinderella's Round Table, during the fireworks (if not then, immediately after the fireworks).

Well, in ordering custom pieces, one should allow enough time (e.g. more than two weeks). I was on a tight schedule and could not. Barry was a great help, and actually shipped the ring to a FedEx in Orlando on Saturday. So, I didn't have the ring on Friday before we left....

I changed the plans many times throughout Friday and early Saturday, and I needed a way to get away from my girlfriend for about an hour to get the ring from FedEx, without her suspecting... Here's how it went down:

8:30 AM - arrive at Magic Kingdom
by 12:00 - rode just about every "good" ride in the park. This is unheard of, but there was absolutely nobody in the park.
4:30 PM - leave park and tell Erin that I have a something planned for 5:30 PM. I took her back to the hotel, and she got showered, but I did not.
5:30 PM - took her to Saratoga Springs Spa, and she had a full body masque thing done. I had no clue what this thing was, but I needed something that I thought she'd enjoy for an hour while I ran to FedEx.
2.gif

7:00 PM - Picked her up from the spa, and we needed to rush to get to dinner at Cinderella's castle at 8:10 PM. By this time, she pretty much knew what was going on. She didn't know the specifics, so there would be many suprises left in the evening for her.

The rest of the evening was a blur for me, but it went something like this... We got to Cinderella's Castle, put in our name, went out to see the fireworks, the fireworks ended, and then we walked over to the rose garden. I told her something about holding her hand for minutes, the first time I seen her, 8 years ago (to the day), and how I didn't know what was there, but something was. I went on to talk about "Wishes" (the fireworks display is called "Wishes" and is centered around wishes). I told her that she could make my wish come true shortly, because I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. At that point, I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. The first thing out of her mouth was, "What a beautiful ring!". Then she took the ring and placed it onto her own finger. I was waiting for a "yes, I will marry you", but I took her actions as saying, "yes". A minute later, I asked her what her answer was, and she said, "Are you crazy? Of course it's yes!"

We went back to Cinderella's Castle to eat some prime rib. It was a great dinner, and afterwards they brought us over desert that had a white chocolate "glass slipper" in it. I guess alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the Magic Kingdom, so we couldn't order champagne. There were a couple minor issues with dinner reservations at the castle, so they treated us to a couple things that seemed to be above and beyond what they normally do. Before desert, the waitor came over and said, "This is from our manager" and handed us desert. A couple minutes later, he came back with two champagne glasses full of bubbly, and he said, "This isn't from the manager. This is from me". He would not say what it was, and I won't either

1.gif

At the end, he brought over a box with two champagne flutes with "Cinderella's Castle" engraved on them.

If this wasn't enough, we get back to the hotel, and I had the florist come in and sprinkle rose petals all over the floor and bed, and leave a bottle of wine, cheese, crackers, and chocolates in the room.

On the last day we went to Epcot. It was a blast. I'd go into detail about this, but this is a long message as it is.... And I know everyone wants to see the pics.
-Jarrod (Hawkwind)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a stunning ring!! Great proposal too, I love the rose petals on the bed, that''s a classic in my book! Congrats!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Oh CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! Your story made me choke up! What a great proposal....we were just there last week with our family and we ate at the castle....so I know how perfect and magical it is there.

The ring is just absolutely beautiful and so is she!

Once again...Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Annette, NYC

Shiny42805

Shiny_Rock
aw, it''s beautiful!

Wonderful story. I looooove Disney!

Any specs on the ring?

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh what a lovely, romantic, thoughtful proposal!! And the ring is just gorgeous!!! It looks great on her hand too. Congratulations!!!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!
36.gif
What a fantastic proposal...and way to give her something spiffy to do for that hour! Your ring looks great on her hand. Congrat again!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!! I love your proposal story and the 2 of you are just adorable. The ring is just gorgeous!!!! Thanks for all those great pics!!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

hawkwind

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the compliments. As well, I'd like to thank RockDoc for looking at this diamond with us a few weeks ago. The firescope & H&A photos are from him. I have a BrillianceScope animation as well, if anyone is interested in seeing it, but this message is getting quite long.

Specs:
SuperbCert H&A Round
Weight: 0.86 Carats
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Diameter: 6.12 mm
Depth: 61.9%
Crown angle: 34.3
Pav Angle: 41.0
Girdle: Sl.Thick
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good

The ring is 18K gold, with 10 channel set diamonds (0.35 carats total). This TCW of the ring is 1.21 carats. This ring is size 3.25. Rockdoc had to really look hard to see why it was graded as a "Very Good" symmetry and not "Excellent". It had something to do with one of the meets between the crown and pavillion (at the girdle) being slightly off. He said it won't affect the performance of the diamond whatsoever.

We spent all day on Sunday scoping out other people's e-rings at Epcot, and we didn't see any that had the fire that this ring had. On the BrillanceScope, the colored light return is as far to the right as you can go
1.gif

-Hawkwind

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is beautiful!
30.gif

I love the picture of your fiancee with the glas in her hand and the ring on her finger!

peachy

Shiny_Rock
They''re gorgeous - both the ring and your fiancee! Never would have guessed it was under a carat. Looks fabulous on her hand!!
30.gif
30.gif

Enjoy your engagement and have a long happy life together...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~What a sweet proposal, and a beautiful ring!!!!
30.gif
Congratulations!!!!!

hawkwind

Rough_Rock
We both really like this photo, and thought I would share it as well.. This was taken a couple minutes after I proposed. I noticed it was taken at 9:19 PM. That means I proposed around 9:17 PM, on 9/17/2005!
1.gif

I proposed right there, with roses and a pond in the background, while we were looking out towards the castle.

The photo has some issues because it was taken in the dark. I am going to have to do some serious retouching of this for the photo albums...

IMGP0555.jpg

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!

You look like such a happy couple! And what a gorgeous ring!!

Faerievert

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring, of course. I must say I love that ring box too!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!
36.gif
The ring is just lovely, as is your fiancee! You guys are a beautiful couple! And what a perfect, romantic proposal!

I love the photo of you guys w/ the crazy orange light. It''s like your love is radiating into the night...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results