shape
carat
color
clarity

The evasive single shared prong Memoire eternity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
So......kind of a bummer -I drove two and a half hours to this store to look at the Memoire Purity single prong eternity with my e-ring. The woman at the store told me they had one in stock, but she mistook the regular Memoire double prong eternity for the single shared prong eternity. Well, I tried it on anyway and will post pics. Also posting a pic of channel set band with my e-ring. It think I still like the contessa band better...even though less bling. My fiancee likes the channel set the best. Hmmmm...maybe I''ll see if I can order the single prong eternity from Memoire so I can see it with my e-ring and THEN make a decision!

I can at least attach a pic of the Memoire single prong eternity alone (which I tried on before I had my e-ring).

Which do you guys think is the best with my e-ring?

-brightie

first pic is the Memoire double prong eternity with e-ring

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
LEt''s try that again....

The Memoire double prong eternity with my e-ring..

059.JPG

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the double prong #1.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I really, really like the Contessa band. I think it compliments your ring really, really well.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first two the best, probably the channel a bit more honestly. I''m not sure why.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the channel set & that''s pretty rare ... its a really pretty one without many gaps between the stones. Love it!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to second Deco that that particular channel set looks really nice! But there is just something about that Contessa band I love too...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the Contessa best and the channel set next. I love Memoire''s rings but in this case, it would be my last choice.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite is the Contessa. It''s a beautiful band & it makes your set so unique.

My second fave is the channel set, it seems to flow better with your ering than the Memoire (if that makes any sense!)

You really can''t go wrong with any of them, so get what you love!!!

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Yeah....I think I am leaning on the contessa very much too. Somehow I just like the way they go together, the fact that it''s so unique, and also a little blingy without being too blingy (I am a mostly casual, pretty active outdoorsy type, so something too blingy doesn''t work for me as well when I am wearing flip flops every single day!...and that''s not likely to change any time soon:)

Thanks for the input everyone!!! It was fun going through the process of looking. I may just decide stop here!!! :) :)

Now the search goes to finding my hubby''s wedding band. We found one he loved yesterday at Jared''s, but it was $2999 there. It''s a 6mm platinum band made by Gelin Abaci (style # B-106). I have tried to do a search for it but haven''t found it anywhere else, and I am sure I could find it a lot cheaper somewhere else. I''''l try to make a few calls tomorrow to see if anyone has it (Solomon Bros looks like they carry very limited line from this designer).

Carrots

Shiny_Rock
i may be off, but i think that they all have their own personalities.

the dbl says," i''m always fabulous."
the channel says," i''m strong and confident."
the contessa says," i''m exotic and mysterious."
the single says," i''m sweet and dainty."

so, you can''t really go wrong with either. what you choose is really up to you and what you want to have your ring say to those that see it.

but, since you''re asking for a tally. i''d get the channel.

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
hahaha...that''s great Carrots! Welp, I''d have to say either strong and confident or exotic and mysterious. I am by no means always dainty and sweet (I like to rock climb and surf (ie. no daint there) and am moody sometimes too (ie. not always sweet) :) OR always fabulous (I have my times though!...really ;-)

I''d say I am strong, inwardly/quietly confident, kinda classic but unique with a touch of bohemian and subtly mysterious on occasion (or so like like to think;-). I''ll have to mull over the exotic bit though....just don''t think of myself as such :)

You''re too funny....

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I''m not normally a channel set lover, but this particular one looks really good and compliments your ering very well. That''s my pick. 2nd choice would be the contessa.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
I love the chanel set with your e ring because they really compliment each other imo. Im also trying to take into account the width and profile of the two bands together. The proportions seem complimentary to me (in the photos anyway).

Now Im not getting the Contessa ring.....to me it looks abit like it has a rash!!!!
9.gif
LOL (Although the overall proportion works well with your er).

It could be my unsophisticated Aussie taste talking though!!!!! The Contessa ring isnt something Ive ever seen irl so maybe thats why I dont know what all the fuss is about!!!!

Carrots

Shiny_Rock
lmao... i can see your rash.

brightstone: i''ve never tried the contessa. is it comfortable? are the edges smooth? my skin is fairly sensitive. thus, if the lines don''t align perfectly, the adjacent fingers get raw fast.

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
Hey Bright, I prefer the contessa band. That''s my opinion and I am stickin'' to it.
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Contessa is still my favorite...gosh that band is beautiful!

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/26/2008 6:33:45 PM
Author: Carrots
lmao... i can see your rash.

brightstone: i''ve never tried the contessa. is it comfortable? are the edges smooth? my skin is fairly sensitive. thus, if the lines don''t align perfectly, the adjacent fingers get raw fast.

Yeah, it''s actually super comfortable. The first time I called a place to ask about it, I was talking to the woman about the contessa vs. an eternity band. She said to go with the contessa because it is more comfortable and it''s more unique.

When I tried it on, it was really comfortable, much more so than the memoire eternity.

I know what you guys are talking about re: THE RASH
23.gif
The pave part where the diamond are set in has these little every so slight raised prong things (3 specifically, for each cluster of 3 diamonds). In looking at the contessa on-line, before seeing it in person, I wondered if that would bother me (looks-wise), but it doesn''t at all and I think it adds a little character. I COULD feel the raised parts with the fingers next to my ring finger, but not in a bothersome way at all (at least for me).

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to say the Contessa first, then the channel set band. It must be a very hard decision since they are all so beautiful in their own way.
emsmile.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the double prong eternity band the best, although actually all of them work together pretty well!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I actually like the channel set best, but I really like stuff that snugs in close, and that band seems to. The contessa is gorgeous, but I have a ring with prongs near my other fingers and it drives me nuts after awhile...so that would really have to be a personal choice.
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2008 7:17:12 PM
Author: brightstone
I COULD feel the raised parts with the fingers next to my ring finger, but not in a bothersome way at all (at least for me).
While it might not be bothersome for a short time while you''re trying it on ... think about it spinning on your finger ... rubbing all the time ... for the rest of your life. I had a fashion band like this and I slept with it on ONE NIGHT and sent it back the next day. It rubbed my other fingers raw. Just really, really think about the daily wear before committing.

Have to say that the channel set doesn''t stick out further than your e-ring ... where all the other rings do. Lots of pretty choices. One perfect match. JMHO.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE the contessa! looks amazing on you! 2nd choice is the channel set, and i''m not usually a fan of channel set. this one compliments your ering very nicely, though.

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/26/2008 9:20:58 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 10/26/2008 7:17:12 PM

Author: brightstone

I COULD feel the raised parts with the fingers next to my ring finger, but not in a bothersome way at all (at least for me).

While it might not be bothersome for a short time while you''re trying it on ... think about it spinning on your finger ... rubbing all the time ... for the rest of your life. I had a fashion band like this and I slept with it on ONE NIGHT and sent it back the next day. It rubbed my other fingers raw. Just really, really think about the daily wear before committing.

Have to say that the channel set doesn''t stick out further than your e-ring ... where all the other rings do. Lots of pretty choices. One perfect match. JMHO.

Good idea...wish I had worn it overnight. Still, I don''t think I will be too bothered by the bumps because the bumps were smooth, and the contessa I tried was in size 6.5, and my ring size is 5.5, so my size would be even less bothersome than the large size I tried (which I actually didn''t find it bothersome at all). Once I am wearing it, I will let you know for sure (that won''t happen until May or September...we are trying to figure out whether to do our wedding in MAy on St. John, where we met or in September on Martha''s Vineyard).

Ok- night night
24.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results