shape
carat
color
clarity

The Arrow Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been contemplating starting this for awhile. I thought it would be fun to see everybody''s arrow shots, kinda like the fire thread. I''ve been pitching pics making room for more (it''s amazing how fast my computer is without hundreds of pics, lol) and came across the inspiration for the thread, so it was now or never. And I posted it in here since the fire thread seemed to do better after it got moved.

So grab those cameras and get to snapping!

These two were taken on top of a glass wine stopper in front of a window. Love the colors in this one.

Arrow6262.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one reminds me of a silhouette.

Arrow6267.JPG

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! Ellen, I''m so glad you started this thread! I don''t have any H&A diamonds of my own yet, so I need to live through your beauties! More, please!!
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, cool arrows, Ellen!! I''ll play.............

cmsarrows.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
My photos aren''t nearly as good as yours, but from a beginner I don''t think they are too shabby.

ericarfaceon1.jpg

ericararrows.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Aw Ellen! You''re always getting me inspired! Your first shot is awesome! I love those creamy rainbow colors in your arrows.

My arrows aren''t perfect, but does this count?

Tried to get an arrow PLUS fire shot
31.gif

Metro, Maisie, Catmom, and EricaR--gorgeous arrow shots!

arrowfire.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Great idea Ellen! Here are few.
flower shot
1.23.pinkflower2.jpg

hand shot
1.23.arrows.jpg

blurry arrows
1.23.arrowsblue1.jpg

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I have a few pictures of partial arrows...does that count? Anyone have any tips on how to get good arrow shots?

IMG5114.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2008 3:23:13 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 2/18/2008 1:23:38 PM
Author: Catmom
Ooooo, cool arrows, Ellen!! I''ll play.............
What a great chain.. do you know what it''s called? It looks quite sturdy! :)
Thanks SDL! Gosh, I don''t remember what it''s called, sorry. It is quite sturdy and is one of my favorites.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OOOOH! Whatta great idea for a thread, Ellen!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Here's a few of my favorites of my AGS-0 2.36 RB:

44.jpg

57YAY.jpg

79YAY.jpg

I call these next two "OhmyLORD!" and "OhmyLORD 2!" because that's exactly what I said when I saw them. One of them was my avatar for awhile...
63ohmylord.jpg

64ohmylord2.jpg

94rose.jpg

102YAY.jpg

107YAY.jpg

106YAY.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh this is fun. Great shots everyone. Mine even has some pink fuzz.

arrows%20(2).JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I love those lit up arrows Marcyc!

Lynn! Your stone just kills me
30.gif
Gorgeousness! That shot with the hot pinky background-a rose?-is absolutely stunning--amazing colors!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Coati.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Wow everyone! Some amazing photos here. I''m going to repeat a request from upthread - anyone want to post some tips for taking arrow photos? I tried for about an hour and just came out with what I posted above. Some of these other photos are making me wipe drool off my chin and I''d love to be able to take similar photos.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I took this one myself through my idealscope and a loupe taped to my camera:

JellyKStoneIdealScope12345.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Jelly - I haven''t seen your ring before just now and my jaw dropped. It is absolutely lovely! I love how delicate the setting looks and how icy white all of the diamonds are. You are a lucky woman to be able to look at that ring every day.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! I didn't expect so many shots already. Awesome!
36.gif
I love it.
9.gif

Gwen, I'll be waiting to see yours.
2.gif

Erica, your pics are just fine, far better than not too shabby silly. Good job!

Maise, love that white flower shot. Gorgeous.

Coati, there are no rules on the arrows. lol And yeah, ya little show off, fire AND arrows??!
2.gif
I got lucky and got one of those once, I should drag it over here. That doesn't happen often. Yours turned out gorgeous!

Lynn, I KNOW one of those used to be in your av.
11.gif
2.gif

snlee, your favorite is one of my all time favorite shots on PS. Love it.

marcy, lol @ the fuzz.
9.gif

jelly, love the IS pic!

orbaya, partials count! There are many ways to get good arrow shots. Diffused lighting is usually key. Windowsills are great for getting them. Anytime soft light is shining in the back of the setting, it helps to get them. But it's not totally necessary. I've gotten them in many situations. The other key thing is just getting the camera lined up straight (or close to) with the stone to catch them. Just experiment a bunch, and you'll eventually find what works for you!

Thank you ALL for your gorgeous pics. You've made me so glad I started the thread. This IS going to be a fun one!
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2008 9:04:47 AM
Author: Ellen
WOW! I didn''t expect so many shots already. Awesome!
36.gif
I love it.
9.gif

Gwen, I''ll be waiting to see yours.
2.gif

Erica, your pics are just fine, far better than not too shabby silly. Good job!

Maise, love that white flower shot. Gorgeous.

Coati, there are no rules on the arrows. lol And yeah, ya little show off, fire AND arrows??!
2.gif
I got lucky and got one of those once, I should drag it over here. That doesn''t happen often. Yours turned out gorgeous!

Lynn, I KNOW one of those used to be in your av.
11.gif
2.gif

snlee, your favorite is one of my all time favorite shots on PS. Love it.

marcy, lol @ the fuzz.
9.gif

jelly, love the IS pic!

orbaya, partials count! There are many ways to get good arrow shots. Diffused lighting is usually key. Windowsills are great for getting them. Anytime soft light is shining in the back of the setting, it helps to get them. But it''s not totally necessary. I''ve gotten them in many situations. The other key thing is just getting the camera lined up straight (or close to) with the stone to catch them. Just experiment a bunch, and you''ll eventually find what works for you!

Thank you ALL for your gorgeous pics. You''ve made me so glad I started the thread. This IS going to be a fun one!
36.gif
So, you got sumpin against my arrows Miss Ellen?????!
39.gif
It''s cuz it isn''t a ring, right?? Well it just may turn into one very soon..............grumble.....grumble........

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 10:33:56 AM
Author: Catmom
So, you got sumpin against my arrows Miss Ellen?????!
39.gif
It''s cuz it isn''t a ring, right?? Well it just may turn into one very soon..............grumble.....grumble........
Ohhh, I missed yours!!!
32.gif
I''m sorry, really. It was merely an oversight. I love your pic, I really do! Pleeeeeeease forgive me???
crybaby.gif

I love that pendant too, don''t change it.
2.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK....I''ll forgive you this time!
41.gif
9.gif
But it still may turn into a ring........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results