shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you Andrey, Leon, Jonathan, (and Tiffany)!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very big THANKS to Andrey for the wonderful gift for reaching 10,000 posts on PS!!! I was so undecided because there were items I wanted from several PS vendors. I think Andrey probably wondered if I would EVER make up my mind! But during the holidays, my husband had asked me what I wanted for Christmas and our anniversary which is the next day, and I never told him anything. So he told me to just go pick something out after the busy time was over. Around the first week in January, I took a little trip to Tiffany''s where I found and fell in love with the Legacy wedding band (2mm)! It was so well made and delicate and had the finest milgrain I have ever seen. It was that touch of antique that I love, yet it could be worn with a solitaire, which is my preference. So I decided to apply my PS gift toward resetting my beautiful 1.63 H VS1 hearts and arrows stone from Good Old Gold (t 56.7, d 61.1, ca 34.5, pa 40.8, diameter 7.6mm) in it''s permanent home...a Leon Mege classic solitaire (2mm)! I think it is gorgeous with the Tiffany band! The Legacy band is beautiful but allows the diamond e-ring to stand out. There is a very tiny gap, but the Tiffany band is low enough to wear with the Leon solitaire. The Leon ring came this week, but I was out of town for a few days and just returned home last night. So there are no fancy flower shots, but hopefully you can get an idea of how beautiful the rings are even though I am not in the league of someone like Ellen with diamond photography! (I wanted her to come over to take my pictures, but she said IL to NC was a little too far!)

I also want to thank Jonathan for being so patient with me, because I had the opposite of DSS! I was originally looking for a 1.4 ct. diamond for our anniversary a year ago, and with some enabling influence around here
31.gif
, I ended up with the larger 1.63! So every few months I''d ask Jon if he thought I should trade my stone for a smaller F VVS or something, and he always told me I had a terrific stone that was really closer to G color, and he could see no advantage to me to trade the stone I had for just higher color and clarity. So I finally decided he was right
1.gif
and put my perfect diamond in the beautiful platinum setting it deserves!

Thank you to ALL of you who have helped me in the past and especially Tacori who shopped for settings with me originally, Harriet, Boom, Boston Jeff and others who showed me the beauty of the Leon solitaires, and MrsSalvo who has been my online setting shopping buddy the last couple of years! I think I should probably thank my hubby, too, because he has been really wonderful and generous to want me to have what I really wanted for my anniversary rings!

It is a wonderful feeling to FINALLY really LOVE my rings!
36.gif

Leon Mege and Tiffany rings 009.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My curious cat jumped up on the porch rail to check out what was in the Tiffany box!

Leon Mege and Tiffany rings 006.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None of the handshots turned out well, but here''s an idea just to get perspective of the size of the rings.

Leon Mege and Tiffany rings 016.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! That''s a gorgeous setting, and wedding band. They look perfect together. Congratulations!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous DS! You''re weren''t kidding .. .what a combo.
They are both beautiful seperately but look fabulous together!
Congratulations.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
O
36.gif
M
36.gif
G
30.gif

I am so swooning over your rings, I love them! Yay for finally being happy, they are gorgeous!

aeroo

Rough_Rock
Wow, those two are absolutely stunning together. And that band is to die for! Great rock too! Your combo is truly delicious
18.gif

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing! That is my dream set for sure. What was your diamond set in before? I''m sorta new here and so I never got that story... was it loose?

Just amazing. I am so jealous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

DD

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooh DS, it''s sooooooo pretty. What a classic setting, so gorgeous. And I love your Legacy band with it. I have a Legacy band too. Your new set is beyond stunning. ENJOY!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I am *SURE* this third home is her final home! How can you go wrong with a Leon AND a Tiffany band?!? It''s beautiful J! I am honored I could be part of the journey.
2.gif
9.gif
36.gif

You know we need MANY more photos!!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I''m a big fan of the Legacy wedding band!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW-WOW!!
30.gif
30.gif

So happy for you!! The solitaire is just perfect, and the band is so lovely! What a beautiful set they make! Congratulations! GORGEOUSNESS!
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Finally. It is about time woman!!
36.gif
And I suppose it was worth it all.
9.gif
2.gif

It''s just gorgeous ds, and goes so well with your band. I LOVE the two together, and what a combo, Leon and Tiffany!
love1.gif

I really am so happy for you, and this is well deserved. Wear them in good health!!

p.s. You don''t need me for a photo shoot.
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beeeeeautiful!!! Congrats on both new rings
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You girls are posting faster than I can reply!

Thank you for all the kind comments Lyra, Sparks, Diamond Dana, aeroo, Ltlfirecracker, dreamer dachsie, Kaleigh, Impatient One, Tacori, MoonWater, coatimundi, Ellen, and Skippy!

Dreamer Dachsie, I hope you can get the same rings! I am glad you love them, too! My ring was briefly set in a temp wg setting which I hated (jeweler error). Then I had it changed to a nicer wg setting and wore it with my Memoire band with seven 10-11 pointers. I love the Memoire band but thought it was a little blingy and took away from the diamond solitaire. So I really prefer to wear it alone. I didn't want to set the diamond in platinum until I could figure out my permanent, favorite set. So I took my time and waited until I knew what I really wanted!

Kaleigh, I remembered that you loved the Legacy band and that was one reason I went to look at it! So thank you, too!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Diamondseeker2006! I love your new setting...It so simply and elegantly shows off your diamond and it looks awesome with your legacy band.

30.gif
10.gif
3.gif
36.gif
35.gif
36.gif
3.gif
10.gif
30.gif

P.S.
Cute kitty
5.gif

PrettyBlues

Shiny_Rock
Wow a Leon AND a tiffany
30.gif
I''m so jealous!

They look amazing together - sometimes it''s worth the wait to get what you want, isn''t it?
36.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondseeker2006 these have been so worth the wait. Your set is truely a stunning and timeless. It will look as gorgeous in 5o years time!!
Just perfect
36.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
They look fantastic together! And the "last one", what? No more pics!!
6.gif
I''d love to see more!!!

bem3231

Brilliant_Rock
Beeeeutiful! A knockout combo... score another one for Leon! Congratulations!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you SO much Love in Bloom, SDL, PrettyBlues, bling addict, katebar, Snooper, and Bem!

LiB, I adore your rings and came SO close to buying VC! But I was so set in my ways after wearing a plain solitaire for so many years that I decided to just go with the Leon! I still got a little milgrain, though!

Snooper, maybe if some flowers eventually bloom around here, I can try some flower shots!

Bem, I love your Leon masterpiece!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondseeker - your rings look GORGEOUS! Question, how would you compare the "blinginess" of the 3mm Legacy band with the 2mm band (if you tried it on)?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2008 9:09:27 PM
Author: scarlet16
Diamondseeker - your rings look GORGEOUS! Question, how would you compare the ''blinginess'' of the 3mm Legacy band with the 2mm band (if you tried it on)?
Scarlet, thank you! I did not try on the 3mm Legacy band, because I already had a 3mm Memoire band. I wanted one a little more delicate for the second band. But I am sure it would be gorgeous (and I think it is a LOT more expensive than the 2mm, too.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results