shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori 2525rd7

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Hi. New here. I have been obsessed with the Tacori 2525rd7 for YEARS. I don't have any big jewelers within 2 hours of where I live, so it will be quite some time before I can see one in person. I was wondering if anyone has a real life picture of this ring? Also, I would love to hear from anyone who has seen it in person. Is it delicate? Does it end up looking like a cluster ring? (My concern.) I would appreciate anything you can tell me!

ETA: I forgot to mention that I am hoping to reset my 0.7 H&A RB in this.

large_image.jpg

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I wish I could see it in person. I did travel a few hours to a tacori dealer near me once and they had a ton of tacoris, but not a sample of this setting unfortunately. Does anyone know if tacori can tell me where one of these settings is near me or do I have to contact each jeweler individually to inquire?

PrincessNuggz

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a Tacori as well (not that one) and went to a few stores to see it in person--and no one had the exact model I was looking for.

I was told by one jeweler that as an authorized Tacori vendor (plus I guess they had some special membership--they were a "gold" member or something like that) they could call in a setting and have it within a day or two. I didn't take them up on it, because I was going to order online and I felt bad having a B&M call in a setting if I wasn't going to purchase it.

Hope that helps!

P.S. I ended up ordering the setting sight unseen--I'd seen enough settings like that one to feel confident in ordering it. It should arrive any day now--it's been almost 4 weeks.

dreamingoftacori

Rough_Rock
PrincessNuggz|1300914291|2878455 said:
I recently purchased a Tacori as well (not that one) and went to a few stores to see it in person--and no one had the exact model I was looking for.

I was told by one jeweler that as an authorized Tacori vendor (plus I guess they had some special membership--they were a "gold" member or something like that) they could call in a setting and have it within a day or two. I didn't take them up on it, because I was going to order online and I felt bad having a B&M call in a setting if I wasn't going to purchase it.

Hope that helps!

P.S. I ended up ordering the setting sight unseen--I'd seen enough settings like that one to feel confident in ordering it. It should arrive any day now--it's been almost 4 weeks.

I ordered sight unseen too! Haha but after seeing enough of the settings that were similar in person you can generally feel out how it will look.

To the op, that setting is very delicate and the pictures online are blown up a lot! The shanks are normally between 1.8mm to 2.2mm depending on the size of your center stone. I think your centerstone will most likely fit the small petite setting which is the 2525rd65 and so the shanks will be closer to 1.8mm.

My concern after seeing them online was that the stone would sit too high as I saw online but in person they were not high at all. Tacori settings are very detailed and from afar it may seem to merge into a cluster but in person as you get closer the details start to show which is what I love. My ring looks like a plain solitaire from the top and afar but as you get closer it starts to show the detail. Love tacori!

Also if you are worried you might be able to call someone who has that setting in stock to put it on and take a picture for you to see.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Hello! My engagement ring was either between this one or the one I received. It was actually a bet my now fiance and I had. I said that this one would look better in person, and he said a different tacori ring would. When I saw it in person, I loved it. Thought it was absolutely beautiful!! It IS delicate looking in person, Tacori rings especially need to be seen in person because they can either have a more "wow" factor than the picture shows, or less. I didn't think that it looked like a cluster ring. That being said, we went with the other Tacori ring (one he chose) because it was just more "me." Beautiful ring though, go see it in person! I loved it so much because it was so similar to one of my RHR's that I love so much.

ETA: Someone said it perfectly...the ring pictures are blown up A LOT.

P.S. Dreamingoftacori...we have the same ring :)

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Boogins,

I have tried on that ring in the princess shape (see photo below). I was considering it for my Jubilee. Ultimately I choose the HT2352, but that ring is gorgeous, and yes, very delicate. I don't think it will look like a "cluster ring." The baguettes should contrast with your RB beautifully!

2525PR65_top.jpg

emeraldcrazed

Shiny_Rock
A couple of months ago I was thinking about getting a tacori and April at Arthur's Jewelers in minnasota was really helpful. She sent me tons of pics and was wonderful answering all my questions and concerns. She always called me back promptly. I decided not to get a tacori because the platinum price was alittle out of my range and I really didn't want white gold (my skin turns it yellow). I think the setting you like is beautiful!

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Wow 1.8mm shank...that is delicate! Thats exactly what I was hoping to hear. I don't know why I never thought of contacting online vendors for more pictures. I have contacted three (including Arthur's Jewelers) so hopefully I will be able to share some pictures with you guys soon!

Boogins

Rough_Rock
I heard back from Arthur's Jewelers today and I thought I would share the pics I recieved in case any other Pricescoper wanted to look up this ring sometime. The prongs look so much bigger in this pic than the tacori pic. Not sure how I feel about it. :confused:
I asked for a few more from a few feet away to give a more "realistic" idea so we'll see if they send them. They are super nice and speedy by the way.
Now I am starting to think...for the tacori price, maybe I could have something custom made with these elements? I always want to go custom. haha

2525-1.jpg

2525-2.jpg

dreamingoftacori

Rough_Rock
Boogins|1300985418|2879031 said:
I heard back from Arthur's Jewelers today and I thought I would share the pics I recieved in case any other Pricescoper wanted to look up this ring sometime. The prongs look so much bigger in this pic than the tacori pic. Not sure how I feel about it. :confused:
I asked for a few more from a few feet away to give a more "realistic" idea so we'll see if they send them. They are super nice and speedy by the way.
Now I am starting to think...for the tacori price, maybe I could have something custom made with these elements? I always want to go custom. haha

That looks like a one carat center. But wow! I love the real life pictures more than the one on the website. Initially it wasn't my cup of tea but now that I see it on it looks incredible!

As for going custom, if you have dreamt and loved tacori, nothing will compare. They can take some elements but it wouldn't be close. In my opinion of the tacori-inspired engagements that I've seen so far at least.

If you are worried and unsure I would take the whole budget and apply it to the diamond to put on a simple setting then when you can find the time to see the Tacori in person, order and reset the stone. If youve been lusting for it for years and years, don't give it up from just one picture

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The real life photos makes the ring more larger than advertised on Tacori's website which might be a good thing for you. This style from Tacori is a statement ring as it's unique and will draw crowds around you as it's beautiful. Do not give up on your dream of owning this setting just by looking at one photo.

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
The proportions seem different to me in the real-life photo. In the Tacori photo, the edges of the prongs look almost even with the edges of the baguettes, giving the ring a cleaner silhouette. In the real-life photo, the prong edges jut out. It looks almost like a different ring to me. I think you're going to have to try to find a way to see it in person before you decide and preferably with a 3/4 carat center so you can see how the proportions will look for your stone.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
karpouzi|1300999572|2879348 said:
The proportions seem different to me in the real-life photo. In the Tacori photo, the edges of the prongs look almost even with the edges of the baguettes, giving the ring a cleaner silhouette. In the real-life photo, the prong edges jut out. It looks almost like a different ring to me.

True. With the one I tried on with the princess center, the prongs looked like the Tacori photos, not like the handshot.

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Ok so I forged on today and contacted a few more vendors for pics. There are a few more promising ones. I am just concerned that I will end up with one of the huge prongs. :???: I don't know if I can specify to tacori not to do that? I just need to see this setting in person I think before I can commit...especially for that price! Yowza. Anywho, here are a few more pics to share.

photo.JPG

securedownload.jpg

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Neverendingupgrade, I am glad you mentioned that. I was wondering how the one you saw looked. Autumnnovember, do you remember if the version you saw had those ginormo prongs? You guys are really helpful. I appreciate everyone's input!

stci

Ideal_Rock
OMG! This ring is TDF! A real beauty! Never saw it before!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Boogins|1301017960|2879633 said:
Neverendingupgrade, I am glad you mentioned that. I was wondering how the one you saw looked. Autumnnovember, do you remember if the version you saw had those ginormo prongs? You guys are really helpful. I appreciate everyone's input!

This ring really is beautiful IRL. I ended up with baguettes anyway, but this ring was a close contender. The only reason I did not get it is that the princess version is not designed for cut-cornered stones.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that setting! I've been dying to see that IRL for years. Thanks so much for posting pics. That one was a real contender for my re-set, but I ended up going for a solitaire until our 10 year anni. It is such a gorgeous & unique rings, and I think the prongs are beautiful - not too big.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello TPFers! I need your help!

I am looking for any pics of this setting (Tacori 2525rd) with a 2 ct round stone... 8mm. If any of you know where I can find one, or at least a 7.7+mm round in it, please post or let me know where to find it. I am desperate! :)

Want to visualize before committing to such an expensive setting... The only one I've seen was in a 7mm round...

Thanks!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried on a ring very similar to that by Tacori~I am not sure it had the split shank. I thought it was very pretty and delicate, but it also sits up very high. A little too high for me.

nodinnerforyou

Rough_Rock
I recently reset my ring with this design and the SA at the jeweler told me that this setting needs to be set with more than 1.5 so I did with my 2 and also paid almost $7,000 for it. (H&A, tiple ex, F, VVS, ring size 4.7)
There is a rock size restriction on this setting. :(sad
It is such a delicate and beautiful ring in person but if you have a healthy ring finger this will not work since the band is on the thinner side.

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I saw this ring in person a couple of weeks ago at a local store. I wasn't there to look at this setting particularly but I did notice it beause it is quite unique-looking compared to the other tacori settings they had in the case. I agree with one of the posts above about the stone sitting up quite high. I think the prongs are going to be somewhat prominent as in the first image, especially for that size stone. The picture from the other vendor shows the view from almost the top, so the perspective on the prongs looks different. You'd have to get the same view as the first pic to know for sure. Maybe you can ask for a shot from farther away? Also, when looking at this ring with all the other rings - this one had more of a right-hand-ring feel to it, in my opinion ;-) Just a thought!

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Nodinnerforyou, thanks for the information! I have pretty much decided that halos just aren't my thing, so this design is out for me anyways. Although it is one of my all time favorite designs! It is just so unique and glamorous imo. You should definitely start a thread on your new ring!

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Fridays_child, thanks for the thoughts! I have still never seen this ring in person unfortunately. :-/ but I did see the version with more baguetttes and it was super delicate and lovely. Just didn't look right on my hand. I am starting to realize that simpler styles look better on me. I also agree with you that this design would be hard to execute with my smaller stone. Although the other ring I saw had a .70 in it and it wasn't overwelming at all. Anywho, thanks for the reply!

Dulci1

Rough_Rock
Hi, I just wanted to tell you that if you want a perfect reproduction of the above ring, you can find it at QVC for about $69.00. I just bought it and can't wait to get it. I dearly miss Mr. Paul Tacorian's rings for Diamonique on QVC! Hope it helps!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results