shape
carat
color
clarity

Suprise proposal! ERD cushion plain split shank halo created

MelbourneGirl

Rough_Rock
A funny thing happened while I was on my way to ordering my 9stone ‘baby’ ring from IDJ.... I got engaged!

I didn’t think my long term partner and I were going to do that, but apparently being pregnant and all the joy that comes with that made my partner a little bit sentimental and he had some gorgeous wonderful things he wanted to say - and make it all official. Needless to say it was extremely cute, surprising, tear filled and terribly lovely. All the time I was researching a 9 stone, he was secretly planning a proposal. :twirl:

So – all of a sudden I had to think about an engagement ring! Very exciting times indeed – on so many levels. :appl:

I was lucky enough that last year I had purchased a gorgeous 1.5ct ERD ACB cushion and had it set in the Gwen Split Shank from Eternity Diamonds. It was fine for a RHR and I was in love with the diamond. I had started thinking about resetting it earlier this year and (fortunately) had started a little bit of research. Originally I wanted to get a 3 stone, with 2 half moons for the cushion. However I found that process to be exhausting! I couldn’t find anything like that in Australia to try on and after 1 failed attempt to order some half moons from the US I gave up (they were too white for my stone and just didn’t look right). :errrr:

So after getting engaged my whole thought process about using my stone shifted (I absolutely wanted to use that stone for my engagement ring). I decided to go for something I had considered last year – a modified version of the Tiffany Soleste. I didn’t want a double halo, I also wanted a plain shank. My search was well into overdrive when I saw a post here from a gorgeous lady who had a Victor Canera Anne Marie Split shank (sorry I can’t remember who it was – but you might, it was AMAZING). I was in love!

I contacted Mark at ERD and after a little bit of too-ing and fro-ing he created an AMAZING delicate custom piece for me.

My requirements included

1.8mm PLAIN shank – tapering to 1.4mm at the split
1 pointer melee (matching my G centre stone)
Halo to be angled at around 40 degrees
Rounded edges
Basket type gallery – with the basket curving outwards slightly (like a cup) rather than inwards (like the HW styles)
Slightly rectangular donut (similar to the Soleste).

The result it truly wonderful. It feels so delicate and this style has given my much loved stone a brand new life! It looks huge to me now and I don’t know how, but this style makes the diamond a little fireball. I ordered it a few weeks after our engagement and my partner collected it from Fedex when I was at work. We had a little ‘second proposal’ and he gave it to me at home over dinner. I was crying so hard from the sweet things he was saying that I actually couldn’t see the ring for about 45 seconds. When my eyes cleared I couldn’t help but start crying all over again (this time with a different kind of happiness). So thrilled to have this lovely man AND this gorgeous little creation – I almost felt like it was TOO nice (weird! :oops: ). I keep telling him I'm not allowed to drive at the moment - I surely will have an accident staring at my ring :love:

Some Iphone pics attached (I have zillions, I tried to stop at a few!). I’ll try to take some more snazzy ones, as I really don’t think they do it the justice it deserves.
(Oh and yes I will post my 9 stone shots soon too! It kind of got hijacked in the madness).
x

iphone_1.jpg

iphone_2.jpg

iphone_3.jpg

iphone_6.jpg

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
Re: Suprise proposal! ERD cushion plain split shank halo cre

your ring is just soooo beautiful :love:

MelbourneGirl

Rough_Rock

thought I should pop outside to take a couple of snaps - the office lighting isn't that great inside. Just slightly obessed :))

iphone_8.jpg

iphone_10.jpg

iphone_9.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, love that ring! The plain split shank is a nice touch!

Congratulations!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GORGEOUS!! Congratulations MG!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock

Congratulations on your engagement and baby!

I absolutely love your ring!! Are you planning on wearing the 9 stone band with it?

What are the measurements of the center?....I'm considering a cushion around that size and want to get an idea of how it'll look in a similar setting.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful, love the split shank!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations! :appl: Your ring is gorgeous! :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations! Your new setting is just beautiful and suits your diamond perfectly!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

That is gorgeous! I really dig the split shank!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

Fabulous! That stone is stunning! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

gorgeous! it's so elegant with the split and plain shank! congratulations :)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My sentiment exactly. Congrats on the baby and the engagement!!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It's beautiful! Congrats on your engagement and the baby! Im partial to plain shanks and halos and yours is gorgeous!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

that came out so fluid and elegant! :appl:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Stunning!!!! I love the plain split-shank and your center stone is GORGEOUS :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wow! I'm not typically a fan of halos, but this ring is GORGEOUS!!!!

The stone is beautiful, and that setting . . . love it.

Best wishes to you on your wedding, and congrats on your pregnancy!

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock

Wow your ring and diamond are gorgeous. I love every choice you made! Congrats on the baby, the engagement, and the bling. You certainly have a beautiful heirloom there!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

What a wonderful story! I adore the ring - I love halos with a plain shank. I look forward to seeing your 9-stone too! Congrats on all the merriness in your life!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Oh how lovely!! This ring has beautiful balance and looks amazing on you. Congratulations!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations on your engagement and your beautiful ring. Your setting is exactly what I would like to do on my next reset!

MelbourneGirl

Rough_Rock

sixbillionstars|1342512863|3235304 said:
Congratulations on your engagement and baby!

I absolutely love your ring!! Are you planning on wearing the 9 stone band with it?

What are the measurements of the center?....I'm considering a cushion around that size and want to get an idea of how it'll look in a similar setting.

Thank you so much.
Because I was originally getting the 9 stone to wear on it's own (wasn't thinking I would HAVE an engagement ring!) I hadn't planned it. I've tried them together - they look super blingy. I think there will be days when I will do that but at the moment I'm just LOVING having this wonderful elegant stand alone piece. I will defo post some shots with the 9 stone and the halo. Good idea.

The stone measurements are 7.00 x 6.65 and then of course the 1 pointer halo. My finger size is a 6 or a 6.5 (9 stone is a 6.5, engagement ring is a 6 due to the delicate shank. It spins a little bit so I may have to add the bally things in the future, but I want to see what my fingers do throughout and after this bubba).

THanks again for the sweet words.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

It is beautiful! The split shank looks amazing! :love:

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I think I may be the wearer of the Victor Canera Anne Marie split shank halo you mentioned - he did make my ring, and did name that setting after me too! lol

Anyways, glad my ring could be of inspiration! Your ring turned out lovely. BTW, my center stone was from Mark at ERD - I agree they are wonderful to work with as well.

Congrats on your baby *and* engagement. Exciting!!

Anne

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations! Beautiful story and the ring looks incredible on your finger!

peasypeas

Rough_Rock

Congratulations!! it's GORGEOUS

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ring! :love: Congratulations!

MelbourneGirl

Rough_Rock

anne_h|1342570033|3235766 said:
I think I may be the wearer of the Victor Canera Anne Marie split shank halo you mentioned - he did make my ring, and did name that setting after me too! lol

Anyways, glad my ring could be of inspiration! Your ring turned out lovely. BTW, my center stone was from Mark at ERD - I agree they are wonderful to work with as well.

Congrats on your baby *and* engagement. Exciting!!

Anne
Oh hello!! :wavey: Yes it was your ring that I was in love with! I was a little worried that with my diamond being so small in comparism that it wouldn't look as good, however it turned out pretty lovely. Thanks for being an inspiration for me! The only split shank halo I had seen in the flesh was the Tiffany Soleste and that was a double halo (which was too much for me). So when I saw yours I knew it could be done!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results