shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for a reset?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
I''ve had this ring (inherited from my grandmother) just sitting around collecting dust. It''s not my style (I prefer white metal and simpler designs) and I''m not really sentimentally attached to it. Seeing all the pretties on PS has inspired me to have it reset into something I''d actually wear and love.

I don''t know much about the specs of it, other than the total weight is around a carat. From what I can tell with a loupe, the diamonds aren''t spectacularly cut but face up white, the clarity is decent, and they do have a bit of sparkle. There are 7 tapered baguettes and 6 RBs including the center stone.

I''d love suggestions on how I might reset these stones. The baguettes, especially, have me at a loss. I''d love to turn this piece into another ring, a pendant, or earrings (or any combination of those!) I do like simply designed, elegant jewelry, but all the antique rings on this site lately really appeal too!

Also does anyone have a recommendation for a jeweler in the NYC/NJ area for this project?

Thanks!!
1.gif

chickpea_reset1.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
What about turning the center stone into a martini pendant? That is what I did with my .45 carat rb that I inherited from my great grandmother and it turned out great! I wear it on a daily basis and I get comliments on it all the time.

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
What about a 3/4 eternity rings with alternating the rounds and baguettes. Kinda like this....

hgdkhgfkhgfkhgf.jpg

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
I 2nd the use of the center stone as a pendant if you dont already have one. The you could have 2 pieces of new jewelry instead of one!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
ponderer, i like that alternating rb/baguette eternity band you posted! it looks like those baguettes are rectangular, but the ones in my ring are tapered. i wonder if that would still work...

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2008 12:35:49 PM
Author: ponderer
What about a 3/4 eternity rings with alternating the rounds and baguettes. Kinda like this....
I love this idea, what a beautiful band this is!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
the center stone is pretty small. i''ll attach a photo next to my .8 ct e-ring for comparison. would it look too small for a martini pendant? maybe a bezel-set pendant would give it more visual weight...

chickpea_reset2.jpg

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Chickpea! Your pendant and ring are AWESOMEl! I''m particularly impressed with the ring
30.gif
very creative! Wow!

I wish I had some old jewelry hanging around
38.gif

So what became of the baguettes stones?

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic job chickpea!

I love what you chose to do with the old stones!!!
36.gif

Cachette
1.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 4:25:18 PM
Author: Cachette
Fantastic job chickpea!

I love what you chose to do with the old stones!!!
36.gif

Cachette
1.gif
I''m confused; is there another thread about this?

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
wow what a make over.... i love love love the band you made with those stones!! and that pendant is so classic! enojy them...oh and i second the idea with the round and baguette band

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deleted because I saw the ring on your other thread! Gorgeous!

I love recycling!

DD
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results