shape
carat
color
clarity

StevL Dems & Verragio

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

travl4me1

Rough_Rock
Greetings! I have frequented Pricescope steadily over the past few years to gain insight, view ideas, and shop (just now created a member profile). This resource is invaluable to the public in making the best decision, and I am very grateful to all those that contribute. There are many fine merchants with wonderful reputations, and I wanted to take a moment & single one out. Here is a brief summary of my experience working with Steve L. at Dems on a Verragio setting.

My hope was to purchase a Verragio style setting and incorporate a few of the diamonds we already owned. The setting I envisioned ended up falling under the "custom design" umbrella. Steve easily captured my vision of the piece via telephone and email, and got Verragio on the same page. He was fair, clear and kept me in the loop the whole time. The completed rings have surpassed my best hopes! They turned out stunning...although not nearly as stunning as the woman it was created for!

Steve is passionate about his work and takes good care of his patrons. He seems driven by his customers happiness, rather than solely by his wallet. He went above and beyond what I am even capable of stating here in order to make this ring come true for me. I did a lot of research on many Verragio retailers, and decided on Steve at Dems. I found my info through his local BBB, Pricescope and another forum of sorts. I could not find a single person to knock Steve''s character or his business practices. All had the same compliments I do now. I made the right choice and felt contentment from the onset. I can''t thank Steve at Dems enough, as well as Lindsay at Verragio for getting the wheels turning.

Once again, there are many fine merchants that can assist you. I am not in a position to say one is better than the other. I do know I can be extremely picky & demanding (self admitted character flaw) at times, and Steve''s attention to detail was beyond anything I have experienced. He deserves this praise, and has easily earned me as a future customer. I''ll be in touch Steve - and soon! Thanks !

Travis

TnT. J. K.

Nashville, TN

Here is the completed project and the description I remember off hand.

One custom made Verragio ladies diamond platinum engagement ring. Size 3.5

Prongs and shank with pave. One Round Brilliant GIA center stone at 1.10

carat of Internally Flawless clarity and E color, 61.6%Depth, 57%Table, N/EX/EX/N.

Medium to Slightly Thick girdle inscribed "Travis Loves Tammy ". Two Round Brilliant

GIA side stone diamonds at .25 carat each of VS2 clarity and E color.

One custom made Verragio ladies diamond platinum wedding band. Size 3.5. Outer

ring shank with pave. Four Round Brilliant diamonds at .20 carat each of stated VS clarity and F/G color.

verr2.jpg

JennyN

Rough_Rock
Travis, they're gorgeous! To read your written description, I would have expected the rings to be a little on the "busy side." But I think gingerBcookie summed it up just as I would - - elegantly simple.

Just to let you know, I save photos of the rings that I see in "Show Me The Ring" forum that I'm totally crazy about. Yours has now been saved for future reference (hopefully)!
twirl.gif

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
~ Fabulous, just fabulous. Do you have a profile view of the w-band (4-stone ring) as well? The sweeping shoulders on the e-ring are especially beautiful. And, I want to comment on the way the center stone is mounted – leaving a perfect view of the entire silhouette of the diamond. That takes artful contemplation and talent, and the result is quite striking.

Congratulations on your efforts to bring this ring into fruition. I hope you let your wife see this thread and all the lovely commentary that will be generated – starting with your compliment to her – which is priceless.

Again, congratulations!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Your rings turned out beautifully!
Elegant. OOOH E IF. That rock sparkles.
Just Lovely.
Congrats.

travl4me1

Rough_Rock
Carmel, as you requested and thank you for your beautifully written words. Work in journalism ?

DSC0005.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
*faints* Oh man those are GORGEOUS! Im so jealous!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your rings are gorgeous! I love that side profile. It looks like the stones are floating!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very pretty--I like the illusion of the stones "floating". Wonderful choice!

Sharon

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
It doesn't get much more perfect than this.
love.gif
Congratulations--your due diligence and careful planning certainly paid off big time: A stunning set of rings.
love.gif
1.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
those really are absolutely gorgeous.. some of the prettiest i've seen on here. Beautiful.
melissa

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 8/26/2004 5:49:13 PM travl4me1 wrote:

Carmel, as you requested and thank you for your beautifully written words. Work in journalism ?
----------------

travl4me1 ~

You’re most welcome, and I meant every word.

Thanks for posting the w-band side view. I really adore how the mountings show off the profile of all those stones! I’ve developed a newfound fondness for the side view of diamonds – they’re so often under cover which is a real shame. Your settings really pay homage to those diamonds. Someone ought to be asking you for “hand pics” – so I will. You have to offer us hand shots! Granted – those crystal formation displays are distinctive and they’re well deserving of some applause, but lets see those rings on your lovely wife’s petite hands!

Coincidentally, I hand out a number of magazines and newspapers…and peanuts…and pillows…and blankets - if that’s of any relevance to journalism. But for the record, I only read periodicals – don’t write for any. I’m merely a glorified sky waitress – just lookin’ for a diamond to call my own. And hey, if you think my prose is impressive, you should hear my lilting voice ;-). Would you know anyone in Nashville who could make me a star? *~Just Kidding~*

~ Carmel

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Whew! Lotsa Bling! What a stunning set. Congratulations both to you and Steve on a collaborative job well done. My first "love" was the Verragio rings. I love their "luminoset" setting style as it really does showcase the diamond(s)

3.gif

Luv

travl4me1

Rough_Rock
Here is my final collage. Dems took all the ones I posted yesterday. Most of these are ones I took last night. I must say, taking pictures of jewelry is among the fine arts. I do not know how some of you come up with these outstanding pictures. Every click of my camera gave me different colored diamonds. I'm humbled by others photographic skills.

Thank you for all your kind words. I'm sure she will touched as well.

Tam_ring4.jpg

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Very nice collage you made there. Congrats on your lovely rings and let us know how your little vacation goes
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow , too cool.

laisla99

Rough_Rock
Beautiful Travis!!

I got my ring from Steve at Dems too. I second your statement. Steve was such an easy, honest, fair person to deal with. I have a Tacori setting. I tried to take a picture of my ring but it does not come out right so I am still playing with it. We are definitely going back to Steve for our bands or for any jewelry our family purchases.

Dot

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
GOod Lord these rings are absolutely stunning!!!

I love the band with this set. They are absolutely a work of art, man I would love to see them in person!!! Sorry, I am gushing but they are just gorgeous.

And, I must say, the best part is the inscription in the diamond!! what a great idea!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I know this is an old thread but that setting is very neat! Yummy!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was wondering how I missed this till I saw it was posted before I ever joined PS! However, I haven''t seen a Verragio setting other than the designer''s pictures so it''s nice to see one here - very interesting design.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results