shape
carat
color
clarity

Star sapphire ring finished

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Your ring turned out so amazingly beautiful! I love the choice of the rose gold with the stone. It compliments without competing. True perfection!!

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! It is gorgeous!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful! I actually had a small star sapphire ring passed down to me....maybe I should add it to colored stones thread.
ANYWAYS, it's amazing and I love the way the rose gold looks with it!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sooo pretty; I especially love the shot with the reflection of you taking the picture - very cool!

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
Making the grade- I do believe my heart just skipped a beat when I saw your amazing ring! :love:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful. That is the perfect setting to show it off.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the lovely compliments!

I really like this shade of 18k rose gold, it's a rich pinkish apricot color which is really nice and warm.
I originally thought this would be a temporary setting, but who knows, maybe it'll end up being the sapphire's "forever" home!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. That is just perfection. The soft, round bezel really makes the star POP. Such a clean star too. Elegant perfection. (I have an oval ruby I bought over ten years ago I never could figure out a setting for. You chose an amazing one that really suits the stone)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how you captured the star! Beautiful stone in a beautiful setting!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks reader! I just saw your new rose gold Daniel M beauty too!

I'm incredibly thrilled with the star sapphire, I was very happy to be able to find one with such a great translucency and strong, centered, clean star. I feel that as time goes on, quality unheated star sapphires will get more and more rare since it seems the trend is to heat them and facet them since faceted stones tend to sell for a better price. ;(

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It looks fantastic! The rose gold really compliments the stone beautifully, and I love the finish on the ring! :appl:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Back again just to say :lickout:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the nice words everyone!

But sadly, I am in the process of getting it reset. I just couldn't get over the irregularities in the bezel contrasting with the smoothness of the stone. It was driving me bonkers!

Will post pics of the reset in a few months :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results