shape
carat
color
clarity

stacking advice sought...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lottabananas

Rough_Rock
hello - am newbie to pricescope, but you all seem so friendly and helpful that i''m inspired to ask advice!

i''m seeking suggestions on what to stack with my tiffany jazz ring (see attached) - i dropped by signed pieces the other day, and jerry was SO helpful. we were steering away from a channel set in favor of shared prong. but i haven''t quite decided yet, and since i''m still stumped, i was wondering if anyone had any aesthetic opinions that they''d like to share - be it channel, shared or otherwise. thanks a bunch!
1.gif

jazz.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At Tiff's site there is a "Create your own stack" where a flash application will come up where you can play around with different rings by scrolling through different designs.. Your Jazz ring is on top. I'm rather partial to the channel set alternating rounds and baguettes.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Julie - your link didn't work for me but after some fishing around I found what you were looking for...

see if
THIS LINK works and then click on create your own stack...

ETA: And where are my manners?! Welcome to PS! Love that jazz ring you bad girl - I think I want one now.
30.gif
I guess that makes me the bad girl here.
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let's see if this worked. I put the your jazz with the 3 bands I thought looked the best.

I like the milgrained band in the middle the best on its own, but I don't think it goes with your jazz ring, which is modern whereas the milgrain seems vintage to me.

I like the channel setting because your other band is bezel set - the metal isn't overdone but goes together well I think.

The shared prong is on the left since you are considering it, and I like it as much as I like the channel set I think.

jazz combos.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes - sorry that's so huge - let's see if this gets them all on one screen together w/o scrolling
36.gif

And y'know - without them being gargantuanly sized anymore - I'm starting to like the milgrain band better - I wish the metal wasn't so thick on the channel set band - I'm digging the thickness of the metal on the milgrain band better.

jazzcombosm.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one - this is the one JulieN was partial to in her post. I've got a friend who has alternating rbs and bags - I'm not a huge fan of bags but if you are, this is a nice look.

altbag.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, FG.

I like how the ring with rounds and bag's is totally distinct from the Jazz, but has the channel/bezel similarity and both incorporate rounds.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi lottabananas
35.gif

Welcome to PS. I love your jazz ring and think the shared prong ring would look great with it.
2.gif
ETA: I also like the channel band with milgraining.

lottabananas

Rough_Rock
thanks so much, julieN, firegoddess and pricescope admin! your file-attachment skills are fantastic - i''m sorry my original was so HUGE...clearly i''m a newbie on many fronts...
2.gif

they''re all great looks...and that create-your-own-stack at tiffany''s website is a great tool. i''ve been stacking and unstacking...and reading up at forums on this site...trying to understand if there are any "rules" of stacking...like is it ok to mix stone shapes? i guess i should try to tie them in with one common element but then still have some distinction...smart advice - thank you, everybody!

i''ll be happy to reciprocate in advice/assistance as soon as i become a bit more seasoned...will keep you posted on my next purchase...

lottabananas

Rough_Rock
and thank you, kaleigh!
1.gif
yeah, i''m think i''m leaning toward shared prong or a thin channel like the milgrain band...

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
lotta bananas,

Welcome! I love your ring - the graduated bezels are a really sharp look. I think the channel band looks best as far as congruence with the metals but the shared prong and rb/baguette band would work well too.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are no rules for mixing or not mixing shapes - I have a pear ering and rb band...I have a channel set lucida band I also wear with the pear sometimes. Whatever catches your fancy!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to PS Lotabannanas!

Your jazz ring is gorgeous, very classic!
30.gif

Have you ever thought about going with a very narrow high polish band to wear on each side of the jazz ring? I think a very narrow high polish band (Like etoile style) would look so nice, and still keep your jazz ring as center of attention.

If I find a pic, I will post.

Best wishes,
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
personally i dont love any of the looks, i think it''s hard to pair things with graduated stone rings...anyway the other thing i wanted to say was be careful with the shared prong rings, if the girdles protrude and hit the bezels on your jazz ring they will eat away at the metal and create grooves. personally i think that your ring looks fab on it''s own! good luck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i like that idea the best so far irina!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2006 10:23:32 PM
Author: Mara
Me too, or how about one on either side???

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2006 10:27:29 PM
Author: kaleigh

Date: 1/27/2006 10:23:32 PM
Author: Mara
Me too, or how about one on either side???
even better!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
My advice would be to not stack this ring. It''s gorgeous on it''s own and other rings would detract from the look. Sometimes simplicity is best.

Just my opinion of course.
1.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Pricescope!

How did you do that so fast? That is what I was thinking, micro thin high polished band! I like the idea of having one of those bands on each side.
9.gif

I think I need to take some lessons in photoshop! I tried to do what you did, and gave up in frustration!
38.gif

Have a great weekend to all!
35.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Firegoddess, I like that milgrain band! Your ring is beautiful, BTW!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I think another diamond band would take away from the beauty of your band now so I''d vote for nothing or a slim polished band as was shown above. (or one on each side). That ring you have is beautiful! It should be the center of attention.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2006 12:38:40 PM
Author: Pricescope
I did try two on each side - did not like it, it was too Techno
24.gif

Almost the same but with scattered melee
I''m liking the one with scattered melee!!

Heather

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Pricescope,

Thanks for posting those pics!
18.gif
I couldn''t find any micro bands with scattered melee ... only the thicker etoile type.

lottabananas, I think your ring looks gorgeous on its own, and if you wanted to stack, I think the pics that Pricescope posted are excellent choices!

What a happy lady you must be! Have a wonderful day and enjoy!
35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Pricescope ... You are so funny!!!
9.gif

I''ll take that sick
14.gif
little ol'' pretzel off your hands any day!!!
18.gif

Have a great day!
35.gif

lottabananas

Rough_Rock
oh, wow! i just logged back in to find many more replies!!! you all are *wonderful* people. really. am SO happy to have all this advice and input and pictures - THANK YOU! hubby was just saying earlier today that "simple pictures are best" - it was one of those children''s books illustrated by tomie de paola in which a shoemaker and his wife want to have a professional portrait taken of themselves for their wedding anniversary, and then his wife decides she has to have her prized squash in the photo...and he wants to include some of his shoes, and of course before you know it, the photo''s gotten so crowded that you can''t even see the couple anymore...i think that makes a lot of sense in this case with stacking - i should keep it simple, thin, non-intrusive. thanks everyone! what fun this is...

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

cristina (lottabananas)

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2006 11:20:26 PM
Author: lottabananas
oh, wow! i just logged back in to find many more replies!!! you all are *wonderful* people. really. am SO happy to have all this advice and input and pictures - THANK YOU! hubby was just saying earlier today that ''simple pictures are best'' - it was one of those children''s books illustrated by tomie de paola in which a shoemaker and his wife want to have a professional portrait taken of themselves for their wedding anniversary, and then his wife decides she has to have her prized squash in the photo...and he wants to include some of his shoes, and of course before you know it, the photo''s gotten so crowded that you can''t even see the couple anymore...i think that makes a lot of sense in this case with stacking - i should keep it simple, thin, non-intrusive. thanks everyone! what fun this is...

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

cristina (lottabananas)
OMG I love Tomie de Paola''s books!!!! I use to volunteer for my daughters multi-age class room and we read all his books. The kids love them as much as I do.
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results