shape
carat
color
clarity

Split shank rings?

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have any pictires of split shank rings? (I think that''s what they''re called...)

I found one on JRDunn.com, but I haven''t seen a lot of them around. I think its the setting I want, but any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What diamond shape are you setting? The picture I posted is what I would consider a split shank. My EC is also set this way. Is this what you mean too?

splitshank.jpg

DazzleVT

Rough_Rock
I LOVE that setting!!!
love.gif
Where did you find it?

reena

Ideal_Rock
like THESE?
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

the bottom ring is from www.artofplatinum.com, the top is a daniel k. daniel k also makes that top ring without the micropave surrounding the stone--i've tried it on and it's gorgeous.

DK1.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

love.gif

DK4.JPG

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness, those are exactly what I was looking for!!! Thank you!

I don't exactly have a diamond yet. My boyfriend and I are still in the talking about getting engaged phase. We've been together for 3.5 years.

He told me to email him pics of rings I liked...so I have been researching like crazy. I came across a split shank ring and fell in love with it.

I really appreciate all the posts here...You guys rock!
9.gif
(excuse the punn)

I really like the first one w/o diamonds in the band. But the others are nice too. I guess it just depends on if he wants to spend more on the center stone or more on the band, right?

Thanks again!!!!
appl.gif

-Sarah

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Sorry...forgot to add:

Do you think it would be hard to find a wedding band to go with it? I guess it wouldn't have to lay flat next to it...

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oohhh I love that Daniel K one.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
7-1, I was JUST on the danielk site slacking off and lusting after that one...

reena

Ideal_Rock
VAgirl, DO post a pic of the split-shank that you're liking!

yes i do think it might be hard to wear a wband with some of those--but i have the same problem with my setting and i just came to the wonderful revelation that it's not the end of the world because i can get a really fun detailed wband (or three
2.gif
) if i wear them on my right hand instead of my left! (it would be too much if on the same finger as the ering.) so do not despair!

yeah, MMM/7-1, that daniel k is an asscher-gasm. i want it now.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if this counts, but it seems to be sort of a split shank.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ring.14016/

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I have a copy made of the first picture posted (the original is a Mark Morell work), I know that a wedding band cannot sit absolutely flush with the ring. The diamond sits quite low to finger. However, the gap is very minute. It all depends on your tolerance level. If you stare hard at it, you'll see the slight gaps but if you just look at it meaning a quick glance, it'll look flush.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! That Daniel K split shank Asscher is yummy! I think my wish list needs updating.
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't seem to find Daniel K's site - does anyone here have a website address?

www.danielk.net is not showing up for me.

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Reena- the ring I saw on jrdunn.com won't copy for some reason. But if you go to that website and click on "bridal" then on "engagement rings"...its the one that they show on the left side.

But...after seeing the Ascher one by Daniel K, it makes that one not as appealing anymore. LOL

I am really leaning towards wanting an Ascher cut. There is something very elegant and classy about that cut.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I would just throw this one into the mix. It's a Cartier split shank but I love it with the emerald cut. Good luck in your search!

cartieremerald_1.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOHHHH I love the Emerald one. Geez, I would wear that ring all by itself and get a chunky diamond band for the other hand!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, now I want a sapphire ring!

LA0185-S.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I know this is not a Split Shank. However, I would wear this ring on the right and the Cartier split shank on the left.
(Hey, a girl can dream right?)
lickout.gif
love.gif
Oh come to momma!

RET-0360-53971.jpg

lislaz

Rough_Rock
Reena, I have been lusting over that picture of Daniel K's split shank for a few months. I finally saw it at a store and thought it was gorgeous but not really for me. I also saw the ring with the many many asschers...ahhhh...heaven.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
A. Jaffe

ME1108.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HERE's a really unusual one, and there are a few more split shanks where this one comes from
2.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
here's a really pretty one that belongs to someone on diamondtalk

SS.JPG

christarose

Rough_Rock
I just saw that ring the other day - I love how the split shank tapers in instead of out. I'd like to find one like that with rb's - this is the closest I've seen.

scottkaysplitshank.jpg

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
That is really cool how the split goes in, instead of out. I think its really pretty.

I am still REALLY partial to that Daniel K one w/ the Asscher. This may be a silly question...but does anyone know if Aschers sparkle a lot? I love the cut, but wanted ot know if they are sparkly. I know they won't be as sparkly as a round brillant...but do they still catch people's eyes from across the room?

The only ones I have seen are in jewelry stores, and under those lights everything sparkles. So, just wanted an honest opinion before I make a choice.

Thanks again to everyone on this post!!!
appl.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
i looooove asschers, although i haven't seen billions of them on actual people either so i'm not the best one to answer your question.

love that daniel k setting too. are you in NYC? (prob not judging by your name.) but if so i can tell you a few places to go to see his settings in person. the ones i've seen are super-expensive though--$7k and up. i tried on a slightly different split shank setting of his that was $8 or $9k.
6.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Reena- I live just outside Washington DC...in Northern VA. I wish I lived in NYC...I love it there.
9.gif

I will just have to go on an "Asscher Hunt". I am dying to know how they look in day/office light.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results