shape
carat
color
clarity

Something old, something new

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I had a productive weekend
2.gif
. I ordered this wedding band for my boyfriend about 2 months ago, and it just arrived. (He was begging and pleading for one). Although I''m hiding it from him because I caught him trying it on yesturday.

I spend countless hours stalking Mara''s hubby Greg''s pics on pricescope to try and get a glimpse of his wedding band. And to get a feel for how this would look. None of the jewelers in Montreal carried a wedding band in a width that fit on my boyfriend''s finger, so this was a leap of faith.

So: 6.5 mm band, custom made by Maytal Hoftman (She was an absolute joy to work with) and the detailing is gorgeous!
Ring size 10.75

Oh and ''the other ring is mine. Finally, finally returned to me on thursday after months and months...........

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
wow that is a great ring! and, yeah they do match, cute!

Ally,
I absolutely love your ring! That would be such a dream halo setting, I love the profile!!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s such a cool wedding band, love it!!! That''s so cute you caught him trying it on!!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Sophie: I love the ring, but I''m not sure if they are perfect together yet. But the workmanship is beautiful, unfortunately I can''t get good shots. Happy Canada Day by the way

Kaliegh: My baby can be evil. He thinks that 2 years is much too long to wait. He actually made me go to the US twice! Once on Friday night (because he could wait one more sleep!) and the next day my mom''s ring arrived. And the border wait times were SOOOO long. Some guys can be just as impatient as we are about our diamonds.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I like it a lot! The detail looks stunning! BTW, what do you mean they didn''t have a width that would work? Were they too thin?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally I love his new ring!!! Gotta love those manly rings. So good to see your own bauble back too!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great ring you got him! I love how they match. I am also glad to see your Leon is back and looking FAB!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~His band looks great!! And they do match when they are on their sides...great job!!!
2.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
They look great together!! And, congratulations on getting your ring back!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited for you that you FINALLY got your ring back. That was another unbelieveable story - with a happy ending!

His ring looks great too - it was a productive weekend for you!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
The Leon is back, the LEON that is so gorgeous and so coveted by so many on PS. Glad to hear that.

Love your FI''s band. It is really cool-looking.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
your FI band looks great, no wonder he wants to wear it
2.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
The band looks very solid and manly
2.gif

I''m so happy for you that you''ve got your ring back after all those dramas!

Wear it in good health!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
His ring looks great! I am SO happy for you that you finally got your e-ring back. How exciting!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Ally ...

I''m in AWE. I love,love,love that men''s band. Has Maytal''s info ever been posted on here? I did a search & didn''t come up with any contact info, and I googled her w/no luck (except I did find her own wedding photos - what a pretty bride!)

I remember QQQ saying she was working on her website ... is that up yet? Contact # or email address?

SO GLAD your Leon masterpiece is back where it belongs too! Stunning as ever!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Ally, as you know your ring is one of my all time faves. And I will take as many new picures of it as you would like to take :)
but his ring its great, its so nice to have something so unique. Wish my fi would take anything unique, but its a platinum band, NO stones NO milligrain!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Mara, Firegoddess, Seattlebride, bling*diva, Rascal49, Marval, Missgotrocks, Lizz, Mrssalvo, Jadedleaves, Tacori-Ering, Msflutter: Thanks for the reassurance. I keep saying that I couldn''t make his ring match EXACTLY (it would have to have diamonds on it, and he would have murdered me.) I''ve rationalized it to say "they both have miligrain" and his band is totally flat (kind of like my ring)....no curve whatsoever. In any case, the important part is that he loves it. It''s very masculine, and the detailing barely shows. All I see is a wide flat band.

Although it''s platinum...scratches easy, and he had promised after we are married, he will only wear it on special occasions (6-7 times a year.. which is good because I''m not that crazy about ANY jewelery on men (just personal taste). He''s very rough...let me just say that his cell phone *Ally shudders* disaster. I would have to have the ring repolished daily
11.gif

Decodelighted: Hey Deco! Her contact info was [email protected] . I just emailed her out of the blue. When I saw her work for qqq I had no doubt. Wrote to her, and she offered to send me pics of her entire portfolio, but I declined because I KNEW I wanted her to make it for me. I thought the price was reasonable for a platinum band. It was only about $400 (Canadian) more then if I had bought a platinum band from a store in Canada. I''m not doing a good job for taking the picture and showing the detailing. But you know I have a Leon Mege too, and I''ve compared the miligrain on both the pieces and you can''t tell the different. Both were hand made, and both flawless.

FacetFire: They had 6.5 mm bands, but the size was either much too big, or much too small to get an accurate picture of what it would look like on a 10.75 band. I kind of worried it would be too thick.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
the band looks great

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Ally, you honey''s ring looks great! I can see engraving inside it, what does it say? It looks beautiful. And I''m glad you got your ring back!
36.gif
I think they are a wonderful match.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Sevens One: Thanks! I''m liking it more everyday
1.gif

Leila: The engraving is a funny story. *Apparently* (and I say this because I don''t agree
2.gif
) that I never write "I love you". I wrote it once on a paper 4 years ago in a note which I pinned to his bedroom door. In any case, he''s kept that paper pinned on his door for 4 years. When he moved into his new house, the first thing he did was pin the note back on his bedroom door. He said it was because I had scribbled "I love you" at the bottom. So I had it engraved in the inside of the band. Usually I would think it was sappy and sentimental but the look on his face was precious. I''m notriously unromantic, so I secretly think that''s the main reason he likes the band so much.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww! First, congrats on getting your ring back!!! And from the sound of things, you and FH are back on solid footing....woohoo!!! I love his band -- it looks very manly (and huge next to your dainty ring!) and I love all the meaning behind the engraving and the little milgrain detail. Yay!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you got your ring back! I can''t wait to see it in person...
31.gif

I like your man''s w-band... It''s so cute how they sort of match!
9.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Allycat0303, Both of the rings are beautiful, I especially like yours (diamond rocks!). What designer did you go with for the e-ring setting? Thanks~!!

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I love the wedding band, it''s a nice choice and looks a lot like my husbands ring. He''s a size 11 and his band is 6mm wide and perfect. It''s thick platinum and is super heavy, of course, it''s sitting in my jewelry box right now what a waste LOL.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2006 1:14:18 PM
Author: Kaleigh
That''s such a cool wedding band, love it!!! That''s so cute you caught him trying it on!!!
Hi Ally ~
emrose.gif

Ditto! Your baby''s ring is so awesome & classic!
emthup.gif
emlove.gif

That is too funny that you caught him trying it on
9.gif
... maybe a lil'' of the madness is spreading!
2.gif

Have a great day!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results