shape
carat
color
clarity

Soft knife edge?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''m looking at solitaire settings like the tiffany replicas or stuller solstice, but am not "feeling the love" when it comes to the ring shanks.

I would like to have something that tapers in a bit toward the stone. The tiffany replicas I''ve seen are beautiful but the knife edges seem to sharp or harsh for me. The solstice with the peg head looks nice from the side but a bit bulky and industrial from the top.

I''m also finding that pictures only are a hard way to judge the settings. I''ve gone into several local stores and looked at settings, but my quest for the small details seems to leave them shaking their heads.

I guess I''d like to find a setting that is softer around the finger but pinches into a knife edge where the head joins it. Have I gone over the edge?

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Scott Kay makes a softer knife edge, I have it and love it. Pearlman''s has it on their website, I''ll see if I can find it for you.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Now, if I could just put the tiffany replica or stuller solstice six-prong head into it.

Oh, the dilemma....

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
This one looks ideal! Does anyone know if dimendscaasi will set an existing stone? Maybe if you actually step foot into their store?

dimendscaasipinchedtiffany.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here are both head on and side views

dimendscaasipinchedtiffany2views.jpg

nevlossiel

Rough_Rock
My understanding is that dimend Scaasi will not set stones purchased elsewhere...

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t WhiteFlash do a soft knifeedge? I think they did one for JCrow...? Her''s is jaw droping gorgeous.

BlackDiamond21

Rough_Rock
Here is a pic of my Tiffany knife edge band and Tiffany 6 prong setting from the wonderous people at Whiteflash... I think this may be what you are looking for! It''s my promise ring and I hope that my E-Ring will be the same EXACT setting from WF!!! They are the best!!! BTW... He got the diamond from WF as well...
1.gif

GOOD LUCK!

Copy of WF Collection.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''ve found it! And it was posted right here at pricescope.

This is mrzabka''s custom Whiteflash ring made in August of 2005.

How would this look in white gold/platinum with an eternity band of 6 pointers?

DNavins_1  Whiteflash.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
OOh, that''s gorgeous, I think it would look perfect in white metal with an eternity band. It''s beautiful!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''ve found another option. I think this solitaire has the beauty of the tiffany elements while still being contemporary and somewhat substantial, which I like on my 40-something finger. It is available in yellow, white, or platinum.

I''d love comments!

bella crown solitaire.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a band I see going with it perfectly.

bella christina bands.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That could be nice, but those prong tips are waaay too big for me on the solitaire. I''m looking for similar settings and it really is hard!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Upgradable ~
emrose.gif

I am getting a my ring that was just finished ... it is a solitaire setting by Vatche, and it does taper in towards the center stone, however ... it has a basket setting, not like a stuller or tiff reproduction. It is in the Show Me The Ring threads.

I really
emlove.gif
Love
emlove.gif
the picture below that Pricescope photoshopped! I am lovin'' it!
30.gif

I like the last pic that you posted of the ering and wring ... but the prongs bother me, but if they don''t bother you ... then I think if you like it ... it should be beautiful too.

Keep us posted, and have a super day!
35.gif

View attachment upgradable1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results