shape
carat
color
clarity

So I am resetting my ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
From a 4 prong solitaire to a six prong with .15 ct of pave diamonds on the side. I know it''s not a huge difference, but I liked the change. I want to have this ring set lower than my current one. How low should I tell them? Thoughts?

TIA!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Tell them exactly that, that you want the stone set lower. They should be able to do it for you no problem. Sounds like a lovely ring!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 1:24:23 PM
Author:js_diamond
From a 4 prong solitaire to a six prong with .15 ct of pave diamonds on the side. I know it''s not a huge difference, but I liked the change. I want to have this ring set lower than my current one. How low should I tell them? Thoughts?

TIA!
Oh but it IS!! I just had mine reset from 4 to 6, and the prongs make the diamond look SO much larger, and it sits a little lower as well...I will try to post before and after pics, or send the link to view my ring, before and after!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will be interesting to see if you too think the stone looks larger in its new setting. Some people say it doesn''t make a difference but I would think six prongs space evenly around the stone would give the appearance of the stone being larger.

When will you get the new ring?

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Dani. Good luck w/yours too! I love the Whiteflash one and I am sure your custom made one will look even better.

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, ladies! I am getting the new ring in an hr!! Will definitely post pics when I get home.

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Beau, the 6 prong looks much larger! wow. how big is your stone and did you have it set low?

Thanks!

beau13

Ideal_Rock

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 2:45:10 PM
Author: js_diamond
Beau, the 6 prong looks much larger! wow. how big is your stone and did you have it set low?

Thanks!
My diamond is 1.76 carats, and it sits maybe 1-2mm lower..I love how it stands out..I don''t like really low settings..but too high and I knock it around alot! The Stuller head is a 2 carat head, so there is a bit of space around the daimond (great for cleaning, and I can see the cutlet)

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I personally prefer the look of a 6 prong on a RB because I find 4 prongs ''square'' the look of the stone, whereas the 6 prong maintains the roundness of the stone while giving it more protection.

I puffy heart 6 prong settings. Can''t wait to see the result.

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
I am back! I love it. Even though some people (not my Pricescope gals) thought I was nuts, I am very happy w/my decision. Here''s a really bad pic in horrible lighting with my camera phone.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
It''s BEAUTIFUL...do you like it?
I think it does look a bit bigger than it did in the 4 prong setting. It''s so pretty..congrats!

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, ladies! I absolutely love it and I am so happy I did it. It''s a subtle change but I notice it and that''s all that matters. I love the look of the 6 prong.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new setting is beautiful and I like the six prongs!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Agreed, the six prong setting really does accentuate your stone better than the four prong setting did. Your new setting is very lovely, enjoy!!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
OOOOo , I like the new one! More bling!!!
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look bigger! Setting looks really pretty but you know we''ll need more pics!

Glad you are happy with the new setting.
36.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh it''s just GORGEOUS! It really highlights your beautiful stone! I''m with MissGotRocks....MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like six prongs better too! (although it is a matter of taste and I don''t want to offend anyone). I think your stone looks prettier with six prongs and a little bling on either side.

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a side view. I need to take some with a better camera, though. Thanks again!

0717081734[1].jpg

loverocks

Shiny_Rock
I love the added bling. Very delicate and lovely. I do like the 6 prong as well. Congrats and the upgraded setting.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! If you don''t mind my asking, who is the setting designer? I think it''s beautiful!

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful! The original setting was very pretty too, but I lke the added bling better!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it. Your new ring is gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results