shape
carat
color
clarity

So dreamy! My 2ct AVC in Rose Gold Sophie Setting

kappy

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I am so thrilled that I am finally able to share my beautiful new engagement ring. I’ve been hanging around the forum for the last year and it has been an invaluable tool as my guy and I shopped for a diamond last year. A huge “thank you” to all of those who contribute!

We got engaged a couple weeks before Christmas and spent all of 2014 researching and educating ourselves. The short version is that we spent several Saturdays down on Jewelers Row in Chicago making appointments and trying to find a jeweler we were comfortable with. We knew that we wanted a cushion and were surprised to find that many people did not want to sell us a cushion but rather talk us into a round. I can still hear one jeweler in particular…”Cushion? Well, 70% of what we sell is round. They perform best and we know them best.” We really felt like no one was listening and all of the cushions that these places had in stock looked very disappointing even in the spotlights of a jewelry store.

Our frustration in the city led me to dig deeper online which is when I found Pricescope. Our ring journey later took us on a day trip to NYC in June for a visit to GOG to view AVCs. I will add to the many praises they receive on this forum. David and Sarah were wonderful! Patient and knowledgeable and never pushy. Once I saw the AVCs in person there was no turning back and we ended up selecting a stone a few months later. I can never get enough of staring at this diamond. I am so thankful we discovered the AVCs. Many people comment on it’s uniqueness which opens the door for me to geek out a little over vintage style cuts!

I had my eye on LAD’s Sophie setting early on in our search and it haunted me all year long. Erica said that this is the first rose gold Sophie to be produced so I am a bit excited to have the first of it’s kind! I am so impressed by the quality of this setting…the pave looks absolutely stunning! I have no doubt that I made the right choice of the hundreds of settings I poured over during the year. I love the feminine, romantic and vintage look of my ring…it makes my heart skip a beat! I’m planning to wear either a plain rose gold wedding band or a hand engraved band.

Here are the specs:
Stone:
AVC 2.02 I VS2
7.59mm x 7.01mm x 4.99mm

Setting:
14ct Rose Gold, 2mm shank with pave, size 7, my fiancés initials inscribed on the inside ☺

And now for pics!

_26992.jpg

_26993.jpg

_26994.jpg

_26995.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous ring, I love the rose gold!!!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I like the peachy gold :) (My intense love affair with rose gold is no secret).

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! It's a fabulous ring and it looks so elegant on you. Thanks for sharing.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really, really beautiful! Don't let the cat eat it, though!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It looks lovely & very at home on your hand after a long process :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Love the kitty pic too. :love:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is one of my favorite settings, and it looks gorgeous with your AVC!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the rose gold, gorgeous getting & diamond--great choices all around! :love: :love: Congrats on your engagement!! :appl: :appl:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That is one beautiful diamond and the setting is so dreamy in rose gold. It looks very pretty on your hand.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring! Rose gold makes diamonds "pop" in the most beautiful way! Congratulations on your engagement

kappy

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your nice comments! And Happy Valentine's Day! <3

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
:love: OH my..... that is breathtaking. What a great pairing of center stone and setting, it came together perfectly! Congratulations, wear it in health and happiness.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word it's stunning! Love everything about it - the diamond is amazing and the sophie is one of my favorites, love the basket design - looks fab in rose gold, and is perfect on your beautiful hand! :love: :love: :love:

MisterMadelise

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful. Looks like the bad experience you had with jewelers led you down to a better path. Happy Valentine's to you too.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It's absolutely gorgeous and I love the stone and the setting. :appl:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring and I love the rose gold setting. Congratulations!!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
This is dreamy! I love the color, and the setting of the center is so beautiful! Congrats!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! I saw pictures of your ring on LAD's Instagram and it is so beautiful. I'm glad it belonged to a PSer! Happy planning!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous combination of an AVC and Erica's lovely setting! :love: :love: :love: The rose gold is so pretty, too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results