shape
carat
color
clarity

Snooper''''s Leon Mege

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

Well, I am fairly new to PS, so most of you don''''t know who I am. I found PS about 2 months ago when I googled Leon Mege. I had wanted to remount my ER in the same style as my previous setting was a bit high. So my saga started April 12, 2006. The day before I received a quote, and the rest is history. My center stone is a GIA 3.10 G VS1 and in the previous setting, the baguettes were .51 I believe. Having always thought they were a bit small in comparision to my stone, I decided to have Leon pick out side stones. He gave me 5 options and I went with the .78 F ones. I was a bit hesitant as the picture of the stones looked WAY TO long, but now that I have a picture, I''''m happy that he talked me out of a different pair.

My ring isn''''t in my possession yet. It''''s en route NOW!! I''''ll have it tomorrow. So I hope I don''''t jinx myself

So for now, I''''ll post a few pics. And I''''ll do hand shots if anyone is insterested.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I can't see pix...but I know I WANT TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from what I can see in your avatar...me likey

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Hang in there! I''m having problems attatching picturs
7.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Dang, I''m not sure where my file attatchment went. So I''ll try it again. Below are the side stone pictures I choose which are .78 ctw F. I lightened up the color initially as they were a bit dark using Microsoft Office Picture Manager since I don''t own photoshop.

sidestones .78.JPG

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
And for now, these are the only pictures until tomorrow... I''m dying over here. Once I get my ring, I''m not sure what I''ll do for my band. I currently have a 2mm plain Tiffany Lucida band, I''m waiting for my Ritani endless love band, and I have been wearing while without my ER, a 2.5mm roughly, round/baguette eternity band. I''ll post pics of the bands too to see what you all think I should wear.

I might not even wear a band...

BTW, I''m not a newly engaged lady. I''m 28 and been married for 3 years...

Copy of 2076-1.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just lovely! Definitely need some hand shots!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s lovely!! congratulations on a successful reset!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my ring before the new setting with the plain 2mm band

oldringsetting.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Leon did a terrific job on your ring. Can''t wait for the hand shots. Yummy!!!
30.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
So that''s all I have for now until my ring arrives tomorrow. I don''t think I''ll sleep well until it''s ON my finger
32.gif

I''ll take hand shots once I get my ring
28.gif
Because I''d really like to get opinions on what band (if at all) I should wear with it.

When I thought of contacting Leon, I read all the posts here (good and bad). But for me, I had no problems with him. He replied to my emails and calls, and was helpful in suggesting the side stones, width of the band, etc. So it took roughly 6 weeks for this project. My initial price quote said that there was a 3 week wait and that was April 12. There was a Jewish holiday so that took more time for him to obtain the stones. Oh, the band is 2.2 mm I believe...

So alas, this is my first thread and I''ll keep you posted with pictures
35.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see the hand pics.
What a lovely ring.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
For now, here''s a picture of my old setting with the round/baguette band to give you an idea. Also attatched is a better picture of my ring.

oldsetring.JPG

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
FYI I''m not good at taking pictures even with macro on my Canon A610 so any pointers would be greatly appreciated
27.gif

Oh, my ring size is a 7, I ENVY you ladies who have 3.5!!!

frontofstone.JPG

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
My old setting had those V prongs. I had no idea a single claw was possible on a princess... Ok, no more pictures of the old setting... So until tomorrow with the newly vamped Leon ring...
28.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was originally getting engaged (many many years ago... ) I was in love with princesses but I didn''t get one SPECIFICALLY because of the V prongs (I have a *thing* about prongs--yes, I need some therapy!). If I had known that you could do just the single claw in the corners I would have a princess right now! Dammit--now I want a princess instead of just a new oval!!!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
It''s perfect! Make sure to post some photos of the ring from the inside so we can see Leon''s amazing gallery work. Did you have him engrave your wedding date in the ring?

Congratulations!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leon did a great job - I think it looks so much better now with the new sidestones....just beautiful!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I was really excited for this ring as I wanted to share my sparkly with you all. Everyone here has GORGEOUS rings!!!

Cpster, no I didn''t have him engrave anything other than the standard PT950, serial number, and his name.

I basically had him take control of my ring (or whomever made it as I''ve noticed posts mention that some of his benchmen do work as well). All I specified was:

"My ring (old) sits a bit high, and the prongs bother me, if you can make a single claw I''d be thrilled!"

On his website under Modern 2, there''s an EC that''s like mine, and I noticed that where the baguette touches the EC, there''s a bar. I didn''t even specify if I wanted that bar or a claw, but it looks like I have a claw! No quams over here!

I knew I didn''t want a cathedral/air space on my ring, so that''s basically all the information I gave him.

Ring is en route and I am dying over here... Good thing I''ll have my ring soon, it''ll make up for my baggage under my eyes tomorrow

25.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, that''s my kind of setting make over. I like the sides you picked and love the prongs. can''t wait for those hand shots.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH your ring is beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful, I LOVE it. Does it have blue fluorescence in it? It looks like it in the picture. If it does I adore blue fluorescence diamonds. I wish my wedding ring had it.

Linda

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s a stunning princess. Gorgeous setting too!! Love it!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Linda W, the center stone has no flour. I''m not sure if the baguettes are as I didn''t think to ask (but now I''m curious).

I''m going to buy flowers tomorrow I think too for ring shots
31.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Snooper, welcome to PS!
21.gif
I like it when new people really start off with a BANG!

That is a MAGNIFICENT ring. I like the setting much better. I like the claw prongs on the baguettes and on your princess cut. Thanks for sharing, and don''t forget us tomorrow when we will be anxiously awaiting hand shots!

And, by the way, your size 7 finger looks much smaller. That stone is a HONKER.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Wow!!! I love it, there aren''t too many princesses w/ baugettes around here!!! It''s lovely!!
30.gif
30.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey ole buddy ole pal!!!

Snooper, that ring is FANTABULOUS!!!! I wish more people would have baguettes as side stones....it''s such an elegant, classy, and classic look! I can''t wait to see it on your hand!!!! Congrats!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! Wear it in good health!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
It came!

This post will be short as I got about, oh, 4 hours of sleep if that... Anxious much? :)

It''s a bit cloudy in northern VA right now, so these will have to do until the sun comes out.

When I opened the ring box (over the kitchen counter), my ring fell out of the box onto the counter. I about died... I managed to compose myself after I got over that shock. But then to make sure I didn''t hurt my ring, I shook it and I can hear a TINY rattling!!!
14.gif
7.gif
So I''ll have to get a baguette tightened...

This should be an easy task right?? PLEASE tell me so!!! I know it''s the baguette on the left, it''s not moving but I can "hear" it...

Ok, so again, forgive these quick shots. Better ones will come...

IMG_1228_1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results