shape
carat
color
clarity

Sizing A Ring

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
When you have your rings sized can you see the seam on your band? Long story short, some of you may remember that a few months ago I had a botched sizing bead project. I sent my ering back to JM and he had to cut off the shank and put a new one on. He did a beautiful job and I appreciate his hard work. However, the seams are still very visible on one side and sort of visible on the other. Having never had a ring cut in any way before I don't know if having seams is normal? Am I just being a tad psycho and if not what can I do now?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had to have DH's wedding band reshanked at one time and you can see where they put on the new band.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
blackberry16|1300674207|2876182 said:
When you have your rings sized can you see the seam on your band? Long story short, some of you may remember that a few months ago I had a botched sizing bead project. I sent my ering back to JM and he had to cut off the shank and put a new one on. He did a beautiful job and I appreciate his hard work. However, the seams are still very visible on one side and sort of visible on the other. Having never had a ring cut in any way before I don't know if having seams is normal? Am I just being a tad psycho and if not what can I do now?

I had my ring sized and there is absolutely no evidence of it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've had several rings sized and you can't tell at all. I'd say something because it would bother me if it's that noticeable.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It is bothering me quite a bit. I wonder what's to be done? I probably need to deal with it locally because I got the feeling that JM didn't enjoy working with me.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I can not see sizing marks on any of my white gold rings, but I can see a thin black line on most of my silver rings that have been sized. Doesn't bother me but then again, if it was one of my pricier rings, it probably would. You are not being psycho at all, I would definitely look into getting it fixed if it bugs you.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Hi Blackberry, I believe that you wouldn't see any evidence if a ring is sized up, however if it is cut I think it is quite common to see some markings. That said, it would bother me too.

I think it is sad that you feel JM didn't enjoy working with you; no customer should be made to feel that way. I would take the ring back to him. He is the one who worked on the new shank, so he is responsible for the lines on your ring.

dinamit

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
dinamit|1300716094|2876457 said:
Hi Blackberry, I believe that you wouldn't see any evidence if a ring is sized up, however if it is cut I think it is quite common to see some markings. That said, it would bother me too.

I think it is sad that you feel JM didn't enjoy working with you; no customer should be made to feel that way. I would take the ring back to him. He is the one who worked on the new shank, so he is responsible for the lines on your ring.

dinamit

I am willing to live with one of the marks but the other is pretty dark and fairly visible. I think I will seek advice from another jeweler for two reasons: #1 I am not comfortable asking JM to do anything else with my ring. #2 JM is located across the country and I don't really want to send my ring again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results