shape
carat
color
clarity

Size 7+ Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
DB,
You go girl after 9 kids you deserve some serious bling!!!!! Send your hubby here, we''ll take good care of him and convert him in no time flat. He won''t know what hit him!!!!
2.gif
31.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Rube!

I think all of you here on PS are on to something...maybe for a RHR I should consider a ring that has pink and white diamonds or just pink?! One for each child...now THAT would be a neat family heirloom...don''t you think?
emotion-15.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Lollybear,

If you got any swift and clever ideas of how to get my sweet but pinchpenny hubby (I am married to a highly successful accountant by degreee who is a computer business consultant who also co-owns with me a dance studio and a flower shop, both local businesses in our communuity here in Riverside, CA) to consider even the upgrade, let alone a RHR, I am ready to take notes!

Hey--if ANYONE has some ideas, I am game!
emthup.gif

I plan to get my hubby, Chris, alone when we go to some concerts I have lined up this summer and start assertively addressing how much I am grateful for our marriage, the struggles we have gone through, the triumphs we have shared and our upcoming anniversary marking 25 years together as husband and wife. I then plan on carefully selecting my words to accurately describe my impression of how the upgraded setting and stone(s) will symbolize our solid commitment to one another. (Platinum= strongest metal} stronger marriage as a result of 25 years of ups and downs, shared together...bigger stone, different shape/cut of stone=our marriage is more solid now and has metamorphasized to a more beautiful cherished one} true love
emsmile.gif
...pave and milgraining= the extra sparkle and character that has developed over time...
emsmiled.gif

All of it is true and not an entrapment for my hubby...I know, corny but, SO true...
emembarrassed.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
You know, Kaleigh...He is a highly educated and brilliant man who researches and acts on facts...by jove, I think YOU are on to something!!!
emotion-15.gif
emotion-19.gif
emstar.gif
emstar.gif
emstar.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif

Should I convince him, I would need to request that all of you go e-a-s-y
emsmileo.gif
on him... we don''t want him to feel ambushed and than he will be suspicious that maybe this was a deliberate set up--which it is--but I also want he as well as myself to be as knowledgeable as possible for this and other purchases I might like to make...
emotion-18.gif

If we let the facts speak for themselves--about the diamonds--I think the rest will be a piece of cake!!!
emotion-5.gif
emthup.gif
emthup.gif
emthup.gif

I appreciate the support more than YOU know...

bettyboop

Rough_Rock
Hi here''s my e-ring and wedding band. They are both size 7 1/2 and they could have really been sized at 7 1/4 but 7 1/2 is perfect for those days my fingers swell. The center stone is a 1.05 RB E color IF clarity and then there are a total of 19 smaller diamonds between the e-ring and the band which are F-G color VS1-2 for a total weight of 1.65. I was in the same boat as you since i have short stubby fingers and a simple thin banded ring just didn''t look right. I found that rings with a side setting which made the band slightly larger looked better on my finger. I was very happy with the way my e-ring came out b/c I had wanted something similar from bluenile and the jeweler showed me this and it turned out great. The way the band tapers gives the illusion (I think) of the center stone being larger than 1.05 but that''s my opinion
1.gif

Hope this helps.

Betty

DSC00125_1.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2005 8:50:57 PM
Author: DeannaBana

If you got any swift and clever ideas of how to get my sweet but pinchpenny hubby to consider even the upgrade, let alone a RHR, I am ready to take notes!
He he ! At this point, I am sure he is very much aware of your accomplishments together, just give him a chance to say ''thank you'' in a grand manner. A little enabling should do...

The nine-diamond ring sounds fabulous - it would likely be 3/4 eternity using quarter carat princess (or radiant, or cushion) cuts. Now, that''s something one needs a larger finger size to carry.

I know... this is not all that large, but it is a band of 9 cushion cuts, believe it or not. These hardly exist ! ... small matched cushion cuts are not common.
34.gif

15193.jpg

from Signedpieces...

Facets (same shop) have their own 9 stone ring. I didn''t notice the version (aside the usual 5 and 7 diamond bands) until now.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks BettyBoop for your ideas...your rings look beautiful...
emsmiled.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Valeria, that is a beauty of a ring!
emsmile.gif
I actually have made small "gains" on my hubby regarding the upgrade...he and I had gone out to dinner last Friday and we both got mushy
emlove.gif
about how blessed we are to still be together and happy...He then paused and told me "so you really want this new ring, don''t you?...it means this much to you?"

I think a light bulb went on, so there is hope!
emidea.gif

I am not in a rush really...I just want to get him thinking as I do and join me on this quest I''m on...at least to some degree!
emotion-5.gif

I will keep all of you at PS informed as things progress...wish me luck!
emwink.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Welcome bettyboop!
35.gif

I love your set.
30.gif

Yes, the center stone does look larger than 1 carat!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I think all of these rings are gorgeous. This is my new "wedded" ring upgrade. I''m a size 7 1/2, stone is 1.4 rb, and ring is 7 mm wide.

Deanne, I just went through the same situation with my husband, although we''ve only hit 20 years and 2 kids. He''s an engineer and also very "frugal" (his term). Once he had intellectually agreed with the upgrade, I found he was still very apprehensive to put his money where his mouth was. I think he decided when I showed him a real bargain I''d found. A local jeweler was closing and liquidating all his stock. I ended up with a larger, better cut stone for less money than what we''d been looking at before. So, a suggestion, over-shoot during the shopping experience so that when you compromise you''ll still end up sitting pretty!

upgradablecollage717.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Does this count? Here is my RHR with 0.75 carat centre stone. I''m between 6.5 - 7 on my right hand, middle finger.

75ptRHR.JPG

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2005 4:12:20 AM
Author: DeannaBana
Oh, Valeria, that is a beauty of a ring!
emsmile.gif
I actually have made small ''gains'' on my hubby regarding the upgrade...he and I had gone out to dinner last Friday and we both got mushy
emlove.gif
about how blessed we are to still be together and happy...He then paused and told me ''so you really want this new ring, don''t you?...it means this much to you?''

I think a light bulb went on, so there is hope!
emidea.gif

I am not in a rush really...I just want to get him thinking as I do and join me on this quest I''m on...at least to some degree!
emotion-5.gif

I will keep all of you at PS informed as things progress...wish me luck!
emwink.gif
I wish you all the luck in the world Deanne!!
emthup.gif
emrose.gif

Keep us posted.

Heather

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Upgradable!

WOW...that''s a beautiful w-set! And thanks SO much for your comments...that is encouraging. We--my hubby and I have been on a very nice wave of romantic moments and so I am working ALL the angles to make things easier as we progress towards the "let''s just looking" phase...

Chris is a computer bus. consultant who has times when we have a cache of money and we''re sitting pretty
emsmilep.gif
and times when things are just "ok" and we''re riding that particular wave right now
emcrook.gif
. He also has a new client in the wings so that means the big money wave is not too far away
emotion-5.gif

Thanks again for your story...that gives me hope...and I will DEFINTELY overshoot!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
WOW...that is a gorgeous RHR!!!
emotion-20.gif

CA2OH2005

Rough_Rock
I wear a size 7 ring. I recently got married and wanted to share my engagement ring with my wedding band.

WeddingBand2Rings.jpg

CA2OH2005

Rough_Rock
Here''s a picture of my wedding band solo. My husband got the wedding band from IMG Jeweleers in Lyndhurst, OH. The total carat weight of the diamonds (5) are 0.5 carat, color G-H in 14K white gold. I love it''s unique look.

WeddingBandCloseUp.jpg

drk

Brilliant_Rock
CA2OH2005: That is an amazing wedding band. I''ve never seen one like it before, but I love the flow of metal between the diamonds! It''s gorgeous - makes me wish I''d picked something other than plain gold...

cellar door

Rough_Rock
newly engaged and first time poster here...

would love to share my size 7 ring but cant figure out how to reduce my photo to under 100 KB. any ideas?

cellar door

Rough_Rock
not the best pic but at least its under 100 kb...

half bezel setting, band is 4 mm wide
stone is a 1.73 RB, G color, and VS2 clarity

IMG_0971.JPG

cellar door

Rough_Rock
please excuse my man hands

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Cellar door - what a beautiful ring!
36.gif
Thanks for sharing and you don''t have man hands at all!

Heather

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
bump for the other post....

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
And I''ll post here too :)

Its a 1.29 asscher, size 7 1/4 ring, slightly graduating melee on the sides (not sure of the mm). I might bump it to 7 1/2 but wanted to see if my fingers do better with it in the winter.

Old thread

here

I never new that my fingers were ''big'' before searching for this ring!

725b.jpg

roo

Rough_Rock
my very first post. but i''ve been lurking around for a while.
i tried to respond in the other forum but couldn''t.

my boyfriend proposed with this sparkler- it''s a calla cut RHR- kind of non-traditional. and it looks way more beautiful in person.

http://store.jrdunn.com/product_p/nl00r21035617001wjrd.htm

and in honor of the topic, it''s a size 7.5

i dont have any hand shots because i dont have a camera
emcrook.gif
sorry!

Starky

Rough_Rock
Sorry I don't have hand shots, but my hands are not manicured and they look awful! My ring size is an 8, but my ring is an 8 1/4 simply because my fingers swell every so often.
The only specs I have are:
IGI cert.
1.0 LEO Round
VS2
G
Polish and Sym. Good/Good
Sorry I dont have any other info, I actually have to pay IGI 25$ for a copy of the full Cert. what a rip off.
38.gif

Picture 0444.jpg

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
.47 center on 7.25 hand (with an ugly yellow wall in the background!)

3478%3A4532%7Ffp347%3Enu%3D3238%3E233%3E647%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A3%3C655%3C49nu0mrj

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results