shape
carat
color
clarity

Single Stone Visit Part 2 - the Eternities!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the eternities! I swear, their showroom has soooo many. They displayed 12-15 ring stands in their front window, and each had 15-20 rings stacked on each stand, and each eternity was a slight derivation of each other, all oecs, oecs and french cuts, oecs and emerald cuts, all french cuts, all emerald cuts, channel set, bezel set. And in difference sizes of stones too!! Even hammered gold pieces that look great for stacking. I wanted to just move in. I would bring a sleeping bag and work for free...

Gold bezel with oecs and french cuts and channel set asscher - the Asscher was amazing. Such a great modern look stacked with these vintagy oecs.
ss_gold_and_asscher.png

Gold bezel with oecs and french cuts - loved this one. LOVE. I can totally see me wearing this on a regular basis on my right hand.
ss_gold_eternity.png

Super cool bezeled square french cuts - talking about a statement piece!
ss_french_cut_square_bezel.jpg

Platinum bezeled oec and french cuts - I wore the one in gold on my finger, but this one is super cool too. I'm kinda into yellow gold pieces at the moment, especially after seeing this ring in yellow gold.
ss_platinum_oec_and_french_cut.jpg

My favorite - It's the smallest of the eternities, but I swear the sparkliest. You totally cannot tell by these pictures, but the stones on this ring keep sparkling. It's an oec and french cut channel set in platinum. The total carat weight is less than one carat. It does not make any sense why this little ring is soooooo sparkly!! Heather said it was because the french cuts are small.
ss_french_and_oec_channel.png

It works perfectly with my solitaire. I swear that if I had found this ring before I decided on the reset, I might have forgone the reset and just bought this beauty.
ss_french_and_oec_channel_2.jpg
ss_channel_oec_and_french.jpg

Lastly, a close up of the 3+ carat OEC. Sorry, could NOT resist!!
ss_3__carat_close_up.png

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
Wow I want to visit Singlestone. Amazing 3ct and I'm scared to ask how much the gold eternity cost. I'm loving round and baguette eternities ATM. Thank you for sharing the pictures

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lickout: :love: :lickout:

They all look incredible! It would be stacker heaven! Too hard to pick just one so you are right, best to just move in and wear them all :appl:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow - that channel set asscher is fantastic!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing!!! I love the two yellow gold ones.....

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can I come to your slumber party?? I've always told Ari that one night, I want him to lock me in the store with all of the cases open so that I can play! You lucky girl, you got pretty close to that!! I love that little French cut band, it's gorgeous!! And that 3ct oec ain't bad either! :naughty:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again for posting. How long were you in there? They would have had to kick me out.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow, I am so envious! Singlestone is one place high on my list that I'd like to visit! :appl: :appl: :appl: Those are gorgeous!!!! I love them all! It would help me SO much to see their rings in person and be able to try them on! (Just incidentally, asschers are old cuts, too! They were first cut around 1900 when OEC's were being cut, also!)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CrazyBirdLady|1372841989|3476440 said:
Wow I want to visit Singlestone. Amazing 3ct and I'm scared to ask how much the gold eternity cost. I'm loving round and baguette eternities ATM. Thank you for sharing the pictures

Hi CrazyBirdLady, I totally wished I could have visited with a fellow pricescoper. We would have been there forever. Here are the details on the round and french cut eternity in gold. It really does make me think before I spend $9K on an eternity, with less than 2 cttw. But they are so beautiful, and unique and such an amazingly distinctive piece. And I didn't think I would go for the yellow gold but it works so well with their bezel pieces. I can see myself staring at it all day. I can see passing it on to my daughter.

AR1121FY-3:1.90cttw GH/VS (1.10cttw French cut diamonds & 0.80cttw old European cut diamonds) set in an 18kt yellow gold hand crafted “Single Stone” mounting. $8,700 (We would need to hand craft this in a finger size 4 ¾ for you which will take approximately 6-8 weeks)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1372844501|3476442 said:
:lickout: :love: :lickout:

They all look incredible! It would be stacker heaven! Too hard to pick just one so you are right, best to just move in and wear them all :appl:

Hi Enerchi, you're right. It was literally stacker heaven. I looked at the selection and just got overwhelmed. And I had less than two hours there before I was back to family functions. I felt like I needed a two day, all day stay, just to look at everything once. Then I could focus on my favorites and come back for another week. ;-) I wish I could work there...

And my favorites would probably change all the time. :) Oh, well, I guess they're all my favorite then. :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
misskittycat|1372849388|3476461 said:
Oh wow - that channel set asscher is fantastic!

Hi Misskittycat, yeah, I agree. The asscher was amazing. I was looking for a more modern looking eternity to stack with a bezel. Even if asschers were cut back in the 1930s, they look modern to me. I was thinking that if I bought the gold bezel oec and french, what else would look good with it? So Heather found the asscher for me. The stones were really white and clear. Such a lovely contrast to the gold bezel. But truthfully, they all looked good together. (Is there a drool icon?)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1372850698|3476465 said:
Thank you for sharing!!! I love the two yellow gold ones.....

Hi Arkieb1, yup, I agree. Never thought I would have until I tried some on. Now I am in DANGER. I keep visualizing the gold eternity on my right hand... ;))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1372852249|3476480 said:
Can I come to your slumber party?? I've always told Ari that one night, I want him to lock me in the store with all of the cases open so that I can play! You lucky girl, you got pretty close to that!! I love that little French cut band, it's gorgeous!! And that 3ct oec ain't bad either! :naughty:

Hi yennyfire, before meeting pricescopers, I never would have gone out of my way to visit a specific jeweler, but since meeting you all, I want to move into the store. I think most people would have thought I was crazy (who? me?) but I was more excited about visiting Single Stone than any other part of the family trip, which included a family wedding, three days in Disneyland (I love Disneyland.) and catching up with old friends.

I totally felt lucky to see so many in real life. :appl: :appl: I think we should all go to a slumber party at Single Stone. And if the price was to buy one before we left (It would have to be a 24 hour party.), I would suck it up and do it. Your idea, lock us in and open up the cases, I'm in!!! :devil:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vinjewels|1372857426|3476536 said:
Thanks again for posting. How long were you in there? They would have had to kick me out.

Hi vinjewels, I was there 1:45, ONLY. My husband kept texting me to get me to leave. I wish I was long enough there that they had to kick me out. :) They had soooo many pieces. I would need at least a full day to feel like I wasn't rushed. But I think the longer you stay, the more you are convinced you cannot leave without SOMETHING...

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
I love all that you tried on, especially the bezeled square french cuts. Do you have a close-up of that band?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ashleigh|1372869024|3476673 said:
I love all that you tried on, especially the bezeled square french cuts. Do you have a close-up of that band?

Hi Ashleigh,

Here it is. They said they normally don't make the bezel as thick as this one, but Ari was just playing around with it to see. I think it looks super cool, and would make an awesome showstopping right hand ring. It's also very substantial. It's quite a bit thicker than the other eternities, as you can see. And the big french cuts are just BLING!!!

ss_square_french_bezel.png

Of course, the french cuts are like eye-glue. I can't stop staring at them. If I had a french cut, I would never get anything done. I would just stare all day!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a magazine photo of some of their eternity bands which includes that FC band. I contemplated this design when I was remaking my recent FC band.

_7736.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1372877773|3476789 said:
Here is a magazine photo of some of their eternity bands which includes that FC band. I contemplated this design when I was remaking my recent FC band.

OMG. I feel like such a groupie. The round bezel in gold was amazing. I tried it on!! :appl: :appl: hahaha!! And it came in different carat weights too. I need to go back. NEED........ :-o :-o

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
omg that bezel French. not my style but totally a neat statement piece!!! and I am loving more and more the elongated French cuts with OEC...dying for one of those for my future w-band!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1372859528|3476560 said:
Oh, wow, I am so envious! Singlestone is one place high on my list that I'd like to visit! :appl: :appl: :appl: Those are gorgeous!!!! I love them all! It would help me SO much to see their rings in person and be able to try them on! (Just incidentally, asschers are old cuts, too! They were first cut around 1900 when OEC's were being cut, also!)

Hi Diamondseeker, Yes, Single Stone (don't know why that call it that. i want every stone they have. I know. Probably because I could afford only one stone, and a very small one at that. :lol: ) is amazing. To me, it's a destination spot. ;-)

It's amazing to me that the asscher cut was developed so long ago, cause it looks soooo cool and modern to me. An asscher eternity band is soooo on my Bling Bucket List!! :lickout:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom said:
yennyfire|1372852249|3476480 said:

Hi yennyfire, before meeting pricescopers, I never would have gone out of my way to visit a specific jeweler, but since meeting you all, I want to move into the store. I think most people would have thought I was crazy (who? me?) but I was more excited about visiting Single Stone than any other part of the family trip, which included a family wedding, three days in Disneyland (I love Disneyland.) and catching up with old friends.

I totally felt lucky to see so many in real life. :appl: :appl: I think we should all go to a slumber party at Single Stone. And if the price was to buy one before we left (It would have to be a 24 hour party.), I would suck it up and do it. Your idea, lock us in and open up the cases, I'm in!!! :devil:

I would totally come to that slumber party and it would probably be the highlight of my year!

Pearl Paradise does the "pearl ruckus" which is essentially a weekend long pearl orgy. Single Stone would make a fortune doing an "old cut ruckus"!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that bezeled square French cut band is amazing!! Man do I want one of those bad boys!

Did you happen to see the channel set French cut baguette band? That's the one I want to get for my AVC three stone.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for both of your SS threads :)) Such beautiful pieces to try on, lucky you!
I have an asscher band on my short list. Want it next year for my birthday and was leaning toward u-prong/trellis but that channel set looks amazing :lickout: And if I win the lotto the chunky bezel yg French cut band is mine! I love the look of mixing old cut stones with modern settings-that band is soooo my taste :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1372893730|3476966 said:
Wow, that bezeled square French cut band is amazing!! Man do I want one of those bad boys!

Did you happen to see the channel set French cut baguette band? That's the one I want to get for my AVC three stone.

No i didn't try that one on. If you want a pic on a live finger, I bet you could ask Heather to put it on and take a pic and send it to you. They were super nice about it and they know tons of their clients don't ever make it into the store to try the rings on.

I have to say that I am impressed by all the people that already knew (and believed) that these rings are that amazing even without seeing them. I tend to be skeptical until I see things with my own eyes. That is why I am so blown away because they are even prettier than the pictures. And really, the pictures are rather life-less compared to the real life version. I feel sooooo lucky. Now I just need to go out to NY to see GOG. :wink2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1372879275|3476816 said:
Stacking heaven!!

To be honest, I was quite in a daze when I saw all the eternities. I seriously could NOT focus on a single one. I just sat down and asked Heather for HELP. She brought what she liked over. It was a bit intimidating, that there were soooo many, and so varied. Yes, STACKING HEAVEN... Maybe that IS what heaven is like!!! Right???!!! :saint:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1372889193|3476921 said:
omg that bezel French. not my style but totally a neat statement piece!!! and I am loving more and more the elongated French cuts with OEC...dying for one of those for my future w-band!!!!

OMG. If you get one for your future wedding band, you MUST share!!!!! Even if I can't afford one right now, I would be ecstatic to see someone else snag one. OMG.... just imagine, for a wedding band. Damn, I am 15 years too late!!!!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is just too dreamy... so much yummy yellow gold. So many frenchies. So much style. Thank you for all these pics!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results