shape
carat
color
clarity

SINGLE prong VS SHARED prong eternity band try on session!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: SINGLE prong VS SHARED prong eternity band try on sessio

tyty333|1327768664|3113822 said:
sirbenson|1327758755|3113749 said:
I'm just wondering though, I know that eternity bands can eat away at e-ring prongs. BUT if the eternity band is made in a way so that it is low set, wouldn't there be a possibility that it wouldn't eat away at the prongs?
Also, in terms of which ring to wear where....I don't like the look of two rings stacked under my my e-ring at all. I wouldn't wear it that way because it just looks unbalanced and unsymmetrical to me. I'd do wedding band on top, e-ring in the middle, and then eternity ring on the bottom, cloeset to my hand. I wouldn't be open to putting the wedding band between the e-ring and the eternity ring. The only thing I'd consider is a teensy spacer. But how tiny could these be made? 1 mm?

If it is set low enough it doesnt eat at the prongs but eats at the shank instead. Maybe not as bad as eating at prongs because
it will not cause you to loose your stone but it will still cause damage to your engagement ring.

ditto TY- it will still eat at the band of your ERing. I wear a thin spacer band in between my Ering and shared prong wedding band.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

I think both styles are beautiful but it sounds like you are leaning towards the single prong band, so that is my vote for you!

FairieMoon79

Shiny_Rock

Definately prefer the single prong best!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

sirbenson|1327724139|3113614 said:
Porridge|1327723133|3113607 said:
I love single prong. I love that I can see the roundness of each diamond and I love the scalloped edge effect, I think it's so pretty and feminine.

I have good and bad points for each style at this point. But some of the good points for single prong are like you mentioned...each stone is distinct and its roundness is emphasized.

I agree, I also really really like BGD bezel band, I think it looks super feminine, and have almost placed the order twice now, but I have such a difficult time trying to picure teeny tiny .02 bezeled. A PSer did get the ring and I can't remember who now, :oops: and it was gorgeous in her photos. Have you considered this at all?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

They both look very pretty!

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock

Talked to Brian Gavin today. They still haven't measured my rings so I still don't know what my options are. I'm trying to be patient...

He did at first recommend either a bead set or pave eternity band and I don't like either of those options :(

I'm losing hope that this eternity band project is going to wokr out. I'm pissed bc if I knew this would have happened I woulda gone with another e-ring setting altogether. With the money I already put into an e-ring setting and matching w-band, I can't toss it down the drain at this point and start from scratch. :nono:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am sorry it is taking so long! I think you can easily get a diamond band if you just wear the plain wedding band in the middle and the diamond band on the bottom. I think that look is really pretty! If you can find Ame's avatar, she wears hers like that.

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1328764318|3122233 said:
I am sorry it is taking so long! I think you can easily get a diamond band if you just wear the plain wedding band in the middle and the diamond band on the bottom. I think that look is really pretty! If you can find Ame's avatar, she wears hers like that.

I thought about that but two concerns come to mind:

-I like the "symmetry" of having a band on either side of my e-ring, KWIM?

-Maybe the eternity ring with chew up the platinum wedding band as it rubs against it?

I guess now that my options are dwindling I shoudl stay open to the option of using a spacer band. I might be okay with it if it was very thin so that it didn't really take away from the look of symmetry much. And maybe a spacer is the only option if I REALLY want an eternity band. (I REALLY want an eternity band! :bigsmile: )

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No, the eternity shouldn't hurt the plain band. It is that the eternity diamonds can hit the base of the prongs on the e-ring and cut into them. I did wear my rings for years like you are wanting to with one above and one below the e-ring, so I understand what you are saying. But I honestly like the look now of wearing them e-ring, plain band, diamond band, as long as the rings are all relatively thin. Some people do use tiny, low almost invisible spacer rings, but since you already have a thin plat. band, it would be a shame not to use it.

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock

Oh, that's good to know. I still wouldn't want to wear both the wedding band and the eternity band below my e-ring. So maybe what I can do is get another plain platinum band, say a thin spacer, and wear that between my e-ring and the eternity band.

I'm getting frustrated with BGD. They were supposed to call me back yesterday or today. No call. I emailed them today, no email back. You'd think they'd be more interested in pursuing a client who wants an eternity ring. My rings have been there for over two weeks and at this point I really want them back. I guess I'm too much of a small fry compared to their other clients who are spending more $. Sigh.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would have to say that you have been more patient than I would have been! Two weeks is way too long to have to wait for a simple answer.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1328838267|3122833 said:
I would have to say that you have been more patient than I would have been! Two weeks is way too long to have to wait for a simple answer.

I agree.

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1328838267|3122833 said:

Still waiting....they wrote to me today and the re-sizing of my rings is done as is the replacement of a stone that fell out on my w-band. And now I continue to wait simply to hear back about the measurements of my ring andhow they will affect what sort of eternity band I can get made. Tick-tock....

ah7es

Rough_Rock

Have you decided what to do yet? I am working on a custom eternity shared prong band from Whiteflash to go with my Caroline e-ring and I also didn't want to wear a spacer but now I think that might be my only option. I'd love to hear what you decided to do!

sirbenson

Shiny_Rock

ah7es|1331066170|3142082 said:
Have you decided what to do yet? I am working on a custom eternity shared prong band from Whiteflash to go with my Caroline e-ring and I also didn't want to wear a spacer but now I think that might be my only option. I'd love to hear what you decided to do!

I just got my rings back a few days ago :)

See my thread here for pics:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-custom-bgd-eternity-band.172658/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-custom-bgd-eternity-band.172658/[/URL]

ah7es

Rough_Rock

Wow, your rings look great! The design of your eternity band looks like it will probably solve the rubbing problem of the shared prongs. Thanks for your help!

smashleykat

Rough_Rock

I love that band. It looks gorgeous with solitaire. I was wondering what's the info on it? Like where did you get it, size of diamonds, number of diamonds, mm of the band? Thanks, I love the look! :razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results