shape
carat
color
clarity

Showing You the Old Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I recently upgraded to a three stone ring with ideal cut diamonds that we purchased from a local family owned jewelry store. You can see that ring on page 37 of the Forum E-ring Folder. This is my old ring (also an upgrade) that I have been wearing for the past 13 years. It has a one carat G SI2 center stone and a half carat total of channel set sidestones. One of the reasons that I wanted to upgrade was because I thought this setting looked rather dated. I thought my husband would have me trade in my old diamond, but he told me to keep it. I had the ring resized to fit my right hand, but still think it looks dated. Do you guys agree? Should I continue to wear it as is or have the stone set in something else? I already have a diamond solitaire pendant (1/2 carat) and 3/4 carat each princess cut stud earrings. Any suggestions?

sueoldring.JPG

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about a rhr with a colored stone on each side? I know you have a pendant already, which would have been my next suggestion!!! If you like sapphires or rubies or another colored stone, you could do an interesting shape on either side of your rb...I agree with you that setting is not as current as it could be...freshen it up since he was so generous in letting you keep it! Another thought, thought you have a solitare pendant, is maybe set this one in an engraved bezel box type setting or pave bezel. Another rhr ring idea is to set it in a pave bezel...hope these are some good directions for you!

s95

Shiny_Rock
What about a full bezel ring for your right hand or something that has a nice low profile? Something simple that doesn''t take away from your new ring. It seems like a 1carat ring would look great in that type of setting. I love the look of your new ring! So classy!

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
If you really want to use the stones as a RHR then I would say get them reset in a different setting, but hold on to your old one if you are sentimental. I like the idea of keeping the setting and changing the side diamonds to colored stones because I think the setting is very pretty and I think the colored stones would update it.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys for your great suggestions! I really like the idea of a right hand ring with some sapphires accenting the diamond. I don''t like the way the diamond in this ring sits up higher than the center stone in my new e-ring so I do want a lower setting. I also think a pave halo around the diamond in a pendant would look fabulous. This pendant could be 18" and white gold instead of 16" and yellow gold like my other one. Things to think about!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
If your first pendant is yellow, than absolutely a white gold/pave setting would be a great piece to have...hey, all of it is great, and to have options is even better! Recycling an old piece and loving it even more is a great thing! Good luck and let us know what you decide to do!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial, your new 3 stone is delectable!

What about a new pendant with your old centerstone, and an eternity or anniversary band with the sidestones? Or you could do a Tiffany Diamond''s by the Yard type look, and have the center stone and the side stones set along the length of the chain. Ooooooooo! That would be spectacular. I think your old ring is quite pretty, but it is a little dated.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Mrs. Frk! I appreciate your ideas on what to do with the sidestones. I would hate to just leave those in the old setting unused if I have the center stone set in something new!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well here''s what I ended up doing. I had my old diamond (1 carat, G SI2) put in a simple platinum setting from Claude Thibaudeau as a right hand ring. I talked myself out of a pendant because I already have two heart shaped pendants in addition to a diamond solitaire one. I decided I needed a right hand ring in platinum or white gold because all of my others are yellow gold and my new three stone e-ring is white gold. I had planned to put the diamond in a halo setting, but after I tried on some of these I decided it competed too much with my three stone ring. This is a simple low setting that is more up to date and I think it makes my old diamond look bigger. I am very pleased with the end result. Now I need to work on using the old sidestones from my yellow gold ring. Any excuse to go to the jewelers!

suectrhr.JPG

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Sundial, I love the new setting!
36.gif

It''s beautiful!
30.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
And I want to post your new 3 stone here.

With your 3 Hearts on Fire''s on your left hand and your gorgeous new setting on your right hand, you''ve got it made in the shade!
10.gif

SueHOF3stone.JPG

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial, I love your new RHR Thibaudeau ring! It''s so cool-looking and unique!

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I love both your new rings!

Since you mentioned you like sapphires, what about using the 6 side stones from your old setting and alternating those with sapphires for an anniversary band?

This pic is from the Signed Pieces webiste, and it is an eternity band, but I think you get the idea.
2.gif

sapphire-diamond.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! Patty I appreciate your moving over a picture of my three stone ring. Jellybean I love your idea about doing an eternity band with my old small diamonds and some sapphires!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

GR8 remount. Nicely done!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results