carat
color
clarity

Show us your David Klass bling!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cbird|1421335559|3816786 said:
I have a few questions for those who have sent their stones to be sent in David's settings. Were your stones already insured? Or did you wait to have the whole ring insured? When you sent the stone, what service did you use? I've spoken with UPS and they offer insurance at $2 per thousand. Is this the best way to go?

Thank you for your responses.
Well this is what I did recently.

I called jewelers mutual, it was kind of like pulling teeth because they prefer to insure full rings, but I got my loose stone insured. Once its insured, they advised you do NOT need to pay for shipping insurance too. I preferred to do it this way because then its insured for damage while setting too. Then once its done I can just provide the receipt and bump up the coverage for the whole ring.

I used FedEx as I'm lazy and that's right by my work.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:errrr: :wacko:
I've always walked my stone in. I am paranoid, even if things are insured. The only time things ever get shipped is when they're coming TO me from a vendor. I work with local jewelers only because of my paranoia. Luckily, I'm in SoCal.

I once held on to very expensive earrings to meet Grace in person to return instead of shipping it, even though I'm sure she had them insured. I'd just rather not let anything disappear.

I once sold a stone to Greg. He's out-of-country. I wouldn't send it to him outside of the US, and even then, I stalked the tracker every few hours with anxiety.

:errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
KristyDarling|1419979699|3809765 said:
Here it is with my two big-boy rings. :bigsmile: I've shamelessly attached two pics with my OEC just because I love the colors in the stones.

GAH! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few questions for those who have sent their stones to be sent in David's settings. Were your stones already insured? Or did you wait to have the whole ring insured? When you sent the stone, what service did you use? I've spoken with UPS and they offer insurance at $2 per hundred. Is this the best way to go?

I have heard many times that UPS and FedEx really do not insure loose stones or jewelry for an individual, in spite of what someone might say. The safest method for a valuable or difficult to replace stone is USPS Registered Mail with insurance. It is slow but extremely safe and reliable. Can take 3-4 days to two weeks. Insures up to $25k. For replaceable items under $5k, you can send by Priority Mail insured and that is usually 2-3 days. Both require a signature upon receipt. I've used both many times. And you should use these whether or not you use JM and try to get insurance prior to setting the stone.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1421379133|3817196 said:
I have a few questions for those who have sent their stones to be sent in David's settings. Were your stones already insured? Or did you wait to have the whole ring insured? When you sent the stone, what service did you use? I've spoken with UPS and they offer insurance at $2 per hundred. Is this the best way to go?

I have heard many times that UPS and FedEx really do not insure loose stones or jewelry for an individual, in spite of what someone might say. The safest method for a valuable or difficult to replace stone is USPS Registered Mail with insurance. It is slow but extremely safe and reliable. Can take 3-4 days to two weeks. Insures up to $25k. For replaceable items under $5k, you can send by Priority Mail insured and that is usually 2-3 days. Both require a signature upon receipt. I've used both many times. And you should use these whether or not you use JM and try to get insurance prior to setting the stone.
Why,in your opinion, should you double insure your stone?
I agree use safe shipping. And get a signature, but why if your getting JM would you then pay for insurance again? I'd get insuring it for the deductible amount, but the whole amount-im just not sure I see the logic.

I did just JA as I was going to need to insure it anyways, and I wanted protection during the setting process

cbird

Rough_Rock
I was going to have my stone insured by JM but they need an official detailed receipt, which I did not receive from Leibish. Hopefully they will send me one or else I will have to get an appraisal.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1421379929|3817207 said:
diamondseeker2006|1421379133|3817196 said:

Why,in your opinion, should you double insure your stone?
I agree use safe shipping. And get a signature, but why if your getting JM would you then pay for insurance again? I'd get insuring it for the deductible amount, but the whole amount-im just not sure I see the logic.

I did just JA as I was going to need to insure it anyways, and I wanted protection during the setting process

I will say that Registered is so safe that one could possibly not get insurance if they had other insurance that covered during shipping. But I have always gotten it whether (expensive) items are insured or not because the increase in jewelry insurance premium over time for making claims is going to be a lot more than the shipping insurance.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1421341629|3816838 said:
I've always walked my stone in. I am paranoid, even if things are insured. The only time things ever get shipped is when they're coming TO me from a vendor. I work with local jewelers only because of my paranoia. Luckily, I'm in SoCal.

I once held on to very expensive earrings to meet Grace in person to return instead of shipping it, even though I'm sure she had them insured. I'd just rather not let anything disappear.

I once sold a stone to Greg. He's out-of-country. I wouldn't send it to him outside of the US, and even then, I stalked the tracker every few hours with anxiety.

Haha I'm with you on the paranoia.. which is why I videotape everything I send out AND secure it like a freaking russian nesting doll set.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resonance.Of.Life|1421473789|3817875 said:
madelise|1421341629|3816838 said:

Haha I'm with you on the paranoia.. which is why I videotape everything I send out AND secure it like a freaking russian nesting doll set.

There's a reason why we're soul mates ;)) This crazy paranoia, and our OCD over blowdrying diamonds. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Diamoneecee

Rough_Rock
Love the rings on this thread now I want him to something for me, enabler, I love it.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I had a band remade. It was originally bulky, not uniform and super uncomfortable. Now it's classic, smooth and perfect.

dscn4141.jpg

dscn4144.jpg

newband.jpg

newband1.jpg

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
Wow!!! Night and day, so perfect. Huge congrats!!! :appl:

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
redwood66|1388018019|3580480 said:
There are many more photos here if you want to take a look as he does not have a formal website. I cannot recommend him highly enough for his patience, timeliness and customer service.

https://twitter.com/diamonddude

Do you think he'll have a website at some point? I've just done a search and could only find a Facebook page..

Alexxxx

Rough_Rock
Trade
Yeah the Facebook and Pinterest:

https://www.pinterest.com/DK_Jewelry/

They need a website for sure, but since price of gold/plat vary, their prices are also fluctuating with custom- I imagine it will still be a "contact for price" scenario? I contacted Leon Mege for the price of a solitaire, love his website, but I got a quote through the site instead of via email (I asked DK too). Leon's site is lovely eye candy though..... drools...

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock
I agreed with DS, USPS registered & insured, is the safest way for consumers to ship high value items to vendors. If your item is more than 5k and don't need to rush then use USPS Registered mail. Do not use Priority Express (one day service). Wish I read this thread before I went through the headaches of not using Registered mail when I sent out my package to David last week.

I used Priority with insurance for my business for the last 15 years, never had a package missing. I wanted to have a package insured and shipped overnight and was advised by the clerk (at a retail store with authorized USPS service) to use USPS Express. Since Express only allow insurance up to 5k max, I went ahead settled for that amount (way under the actual value). That WAS NOT the smartest move I made that day. First, the girl forgot to add the additional 5k insurance that I specifically told her I wanted. I didn't notice it until I tried to track the package that night. The next morning I went back to the store and was about to throw a fit, the first thing the same clerk said to me was "you're not going to be happy with this, the guy picked up the mail yesterday forgot to take your package so it's not going to get there till tomorrow and I will make sure that he picks it up today". I cannot believe what I heard, I was still upset but as soon as I heard she said my package was not picked up, I felt sooo relived! Then I asked her why didn't she put the insurance on it like we had discussed before... She said she forgot, but I can add the insurance to it now. My instinct told me just take the package back and take it to the office and mail it out Registered. I didn't want to offend the girl and didn't want to show her my concerns so i just added the additional insurance for 5K and left it as that..Next time, I know better.

So my package was picked up Thursday and should have delivered to David by Friday, that was what it said on my receipt and it said guaranteed! By Saturday I got concerned when all it said on tracking was when the package was picked up and nothing else. Yep, you know it! I was worried sick all weekend, then Monday was a holiday! I must have called the USPS central office at least a dozen times and of course they can only tell me what I already have known, that it was scanned at my local post office and nothing else...However I have to give them credit for follow up with calls to me with new updates. The central USPS customer service lady called me back Tuesday morning and asked me if the content was jewelry. I was a little hesitated to answer her at first then I realized she was trying to help me. She said because I used Express and because it goes to LA (or Arizona) they suspect the content might be drugs so they might open the package to inspect the contents. I told her they were jewelries and I prefer that they would not open my package (I sent multiple items and they are way over the value I insured for). She was very nice and told me she will call them and have them release the package and I shouldn't worried now. My package will be intact! She advised next time to use Registered and Insured full amount. I cannot believe how kind this lady was!

Anyway, David got my package and all good. Once it's in his and Amy's hands,I won't need to worry. Next time use Registered and insured full amount and you can sleep better :D

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
Yay! I get to add to the David Klass thread! I had David make me a replica of my engagement ring which was damaged by a big box jeweler. The gold and all the stones are from my original.
I received it yesterday and I can't stop staring at it!

Haven't had time to take real pics yet, but here are some phone pics! excuse my hazy looking center stone, it needs cleaned already and the light I was holding it under was yellow. It's a G in real life so it's not nearly that yellow!

attach0.jpg

attach0__2_.jpg

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I know you had concerns but I think they look great.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Ooeemusic- Your wedding set is gorgeous!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
18k brushed yellow gold with a 1.5 ct marquise.

uploadfromtaptalk1422900194504.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1422896555326.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1422805673719.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1422585745178.jpg

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I recently had my diamond reset from a WG solitaire to a rose gold with pear sides size 4.25 by DK, he also made a band ring with recycled diamonds from another band ring. I'm in enchanted with the engraving and the prongs are just the right chubby size yet pointed tip I requested.

_27198.jpg

_27199.jpg

_27200.jpg

_27201.jpg

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
CRYSTAL24K|1424311854|3834640 said:
Ooeemusic- Your wedding set is gorgeous!

Thank you! Part of me feels like I have a brand new set and part of me feels like MY set is finally back where it belongs!

And thank you, too, noniemarie!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
SandyCheeks said:
I recently had my diamond reset from a WG solitaire to a rose gold with pear sides size 4.25 by DK

So YOU are the owner of the GORGEOUS ring on DK's fb :love: . I love love your ring.. .so much so, it is my inspiration ring. I wanted to use the rose gold too but I was just too chicken so I went with all white gold. We are ring twinsies but mine is a baby version of yours. :lol:

mainring1.jpg

_27206.jpg

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Niel said:
18k brushed yellow gold with a 1.5 ct marquise.

This is beautiful. :bigsmile: Simple and classic. I love the faceting your marquise and wow the finger coverage on that thing :naughty: :cheeky:

GCGDanielle

Shiny_Rock
Here's my contribution!
1.71 OEC, K color, VS2 in 14K rose gold with H/I diamonds almost all the way around the band (I left some room for potential sizing). Size 5.5.

_27228.jpg

_27229.jpg

_27230.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SandyCheeks|1424312755|3834650 said:
I recently had my diamond reset from a WG solitaire to a rose gold with pear sides size 4.25 by DK, he also made a band ring with recycled diamonds from another band ring. I'm in enchanted with the engraving and the prongs are just the right chubby size yet pointed tip I requested.

Gosh, this is beautiful! Specs or link?? :bigsmile:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Gosh, ladies....ALL your DK bling is AMAZING! I am just drooling all over my work computer screen right now....oooo....someday...SOMEDAY....I will have a DK creation...!!!! :love: :love: :love:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I meant to post these a while back but could never get the uploader to work on my laptop. Now that I'm stuck at work on a snowy day figured I would post from my phone/Tapatalk!

David did the engraving on my engagement ring (setting was by ERD/BE) and restored engraving on my antique french band. Both are platinum.

Engraving on both:

French band before:

imageuploadedbytapatalk1424547132.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1424547145.jpg

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
Here are mine. A mahenge spinel with french cut sides, a 5 stone with Pala pink tourmaline and neon chrysoberyl with trillion sides. David is so awesome to work with and prices are reasonable too for such beautiful detail oriented custom work. Can't say enough good things about him!

_27321.jpg

_27322.jpg

_27323.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my!!' The chryso is also yours :appl:
I admired it on his FB. Great to see a hand shot of it here on PS. Thanks for sharing.

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1424558797|3836156 said:
Oh my!!' The chryso is also yours :appl:
I admired it on his FB. Great to see a hand shot of it here on PS. Thanks for sharing.

Acinom, Yes,it's mine too. I'm addicted (or afflicted as my husband says). :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results