shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your yellow diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, will you be so kind as to show me your yellow diamond rings, particularly if they are flanked by white sidestones of some variety?
30.gif
I''m hoping to get some ideas for settings for a yellow sapphire.... maybe with diamond baguettes or bullets? Or a three stone? Help!

I checked out the ''diamondbylauren'' site but it has such yucky pictures.
38.gif

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
here is my ring. the side stones are shields. I have an outdated digital camera, so the picture isn''t very good.

Not sure what your center stone cut is, but I really like the looks of bullets for side stones.

also, www.engagementringsdirect.com have a link for colored diamonds and there are a few examples there.
And of course, leon mege has some wonderful huge yellow diamond rings on display (on his site).

good luck.

Picture 406.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine: The center stone is 1.18 carats, and the GIA classified it as fancy yellow.

canary.jpg

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is a 3/4carat fancy yellow cushion cut in 14k yellow gold bezel, set in white diamond/platinum halo

trcushhalo.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is a 3 ct. with .55ct. step cut half moons. Here''s a couple pix:

bigyellow2.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 10:52:40 AM
Author: MaryAlaina
Mine is a 3 ct. with .55ct. step cut half moons. Here''s a couple pix:
MA - would you describe how the step cut half moons perform? You''re the first person I''ve seen who actually has them and I''ve wondered for quite some time how they perform. Were they more expensive than other side stones of similar weight? And is each 1/2 carat or tw?

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 2:30:31 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
MA - would you describe how the step cut half moons perform? You''re the first person I''ve seen who actually has them and I''ve wondered for quite some time how they perform. Were they more expensive than other side stones of similar weight? And is each 1/2 carat or tw?

I bought this ring, premade from DBL, so I wasn''t pricing sidestones and don''t know if they are generally more expensive than other cuts or not. The total weight for both stones is .55ct. The biggest thing I notice is how hard they are to keep clean, because of the setting, and because they are step cut, they seem to show it more when not clean. I think they look really good when clean, but it bugs me that I can''t keep them as clean as I''d like to really show off the cut all the time.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 7:32:56 PM
Author: MaryAlaina

Date: 5/18/2007 2:30:31 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

I bought this ring, premade from DBL, so I wasn''t pricing sidestones and don''t know if they are generally more expensive than other cuts or not. The total weight for both stones is .55ct. The biggest thing I notice is how hard they are to keep clean, because of the setting, and because they are step cut, they seem to show it more when not clean. I think they look really good when clean, but it bugs me that I can''t keep them as clean as I''d like to really show off the cut all the time.
Okay, that''s good to know! Thank you :)

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE half moons! I have tiny brilliant cut moons but I always wanted stepped cut moons. Could you maybe take more close ups of the the moons when you get a chance? Pretty please? With sugar on top???
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results