shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your warm colors!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
As in J and lower, the lower the better! All shapes and sizes, in any kind of jewelry. thanks
16.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I will have my 1.25 K RB to add to these great threads soon enough!
16.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! gorgeous rings everyone, especially love the contrast of the k and the halo!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here''s mine! J VS2, 1.46.

Eternity props 037.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
This is my 3.55 ct M colored OEC. This is in bright direct sunlight- it tends to do the weird thing that some rounds do in direct sun- that is, it goes dark. I''ll post a second one taken in incandescent lighting that shows the color differently. In real life, it has a tiny hint of ivory to it in most lights, not enough color to really look yellowish noticeably, though from the side you can see a bit more color of couse.

3.4oecsun9.jpg

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Little Grey Kitten,

Do you have a thread with more pics? I want to reset my marquis in a halo, and i am looking for pics to see the how the halo affects the centerstone color, if at all. Do you think the halo increases the warmth? Do you feel that the color of your melee affects the color of the center stone?

Thanks,

Sorry for the thread jack
2.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Sure, ponderer! This is the thread with lots more pics; the color of the stone looks more noticeable in pictures, IRL it is just a bit off white, in some lights. The halo on mine is set with I/J colored stones so there is not a lot of color contrast present to begin with. I do think that you notice a bit more color in the center stone with a contrast of a whiter halo around it; personally, since mine is an antique cut and I actually *like* the M color, it doesn't bother me. I think since it doesn't annoy me that it isn't a super-white color, I don't perceive much color in it, because I'm not giving it the hairy eyeball searching for any hint of color. I'd say that the first pic I posted in this thread shows the most contrast I ever see between the halo & the center stone, most often the contrast is hardly visible.

If you are going to be inspecting your diamond worriedly looking for any hint of color, I'd pass on a halo, because you'll probably drive yourself mad with it. But if you don't mind noticing a bit of color in the center stone now and then, I'm sure it won't be an issue.

If you're worried about *other* people noticing the color of your center stone- well, don't. I've had enough conversations that I've realized that the average person equates sparkle with a high color, high clarity diamond. I've heard "it's so sparkley, is it a D?" several times in fact, which sure surprised me the first time I heard someone ask that! (Also I think if you keep your diamond clean, it'll look automatically better than 99% of what you see day to day- NOBODY cleans their jewelry except Pricescope girls!)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I LOOOVE the tint, even if it''s slight, on your stones with halos (and without) here! IMHO antique stones are much more beautiful with a nice little tint. Someone referred to it as "vintage white" and I love that. I don''t have a warm stone but I wanted to see some because someday I want to get one. Maybe even a really well cut modern brilliant in some rose gold. It''ll be tiny if I get one but it''ll still be pretty I think. All the pictures are gorgeous thanks
36.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
BTW Circe I love that setting! Are those the prongs that are shaped like that?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/17/2008 12:07:14 AM
Author: Kelli
BTW Circe I love that setting! Are those the prongs that are shaped like that?

Thanks, Kelli! They''re fishtail prongs: they were popular from the ''20s to the ''50s, but they seem to have gone out of fashion these days. I love them for the security, and for the look!

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the link LittleGreyKitten,

I love the warmth of my diamond, but I dont want the halo to make it look odd. I think I will try and use warmer melee for the halo to make things flow. The pic that I posted is about as warm as my stone gets, and I guess a bezel set halo will also minimize increased warmth on the side view.

I appreciate the pics of your ring, and it reinforces my desire to find a new home for my stone. (And a better camera to take pics with)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results