shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your vatche x prong sets...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Would love to see your Vatche X prong wedding sets, especially if you have a band other than the Vatche (curved) band!
Thanks!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Wow Sophie, that is really beautiful! Love that diamond band too!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
thanks, I love it! Are you looking for this type of setting? bc of the metal ""x""'', it doesn''t let my band sit 100% flush,but that doesn''t bother me.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I recently upgraded my 1.13 carat RB into the vatche x prong setting in plat. i am trying to decide what band I want. I bought the vatche band today (it juts out to sit flush) but am thinking of returning it and getting a straight band - but when I tried that in the store it didn''t look quite right either. So I will probably end up keeping the matching one. I love it, but i notice sometimes my band twists around and then it just looks silly!
Gail

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

I have the Dvatche X-prong as well as a custom made band by Dvatche. My w-ring is not curved and I can wear it on it''s own if I wish. The w-ring and e-ring are pretty flush, but as I move my fingers, they do move apart and closer again. It does not bother me at all.

You can see my thread and more pics HERE

My nuwe ringe.jpg

susi

Shiny_Rock
Hello, Gail....would it work to solder your rings together? I''ve done this several times on ring sets I''ve had and have always been pleased.....no more turning! And you can always "unhitch" the rings at any time you wish if you don''t want to wear them this way anymore. Only thing is, two rings soldered together are usually a little tighter on the finger than two rings not soldered.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
How does that soldering and "unhitching" work? I somehow thought that was permanent. I recently upgraded my setting for my 1.13 RB to the vatche x prong and bought the matching band, but am having second thoughts - seems so expensive for a plain band, AND it spins. Now I''m thinking maybe I should get a diamond band. (Saw an amazing one with .5 carats of princess cut diamonds in plat for $800 at Costco!! appraisal was for $1400! but it is not the perfect "height" or rounded shape like the vatche band is.)
I''m trying to attach a blurry pic of my solitaire. This was when I was trying out a straight band which I later exchanged for the vatche band! I swear if I go into that store with one more exchange... but oh well customer is always right, right!

gailsring.jpg

susi

Shiny_Rock
Gailrmv, it''s simple for your benchman to take the soldered rings apart if you so desire. I''ve had it done countless times. And if you do decide to solder yours together it will take care of the spinning.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Susi, I am going to ask them about doing that. That''s really good to know, because sometime I hope to get a diamond band and would need to get them unhooked. Another idea, I wonder if they could put some kind of hook on the band to hook it into the x prong?
Thanks for the idea! By the way I saw a pic of one of your sets (simple solitaire with large RB) on another thread, and it was just breathtaking! I am a big fan of RBs and solitaire settings and yours was so pretty.
Gail

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
still hoping to see some more X prong erings (vatche make or other) with bands!! Also, opinions on the gap with wedding band - important or no? Do you think the X prong looks best with diamond band or plain?
THANKS!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to thank everyone for their opinions and pictures. I deced to keep the curved plain vatche band. I am really happy with it except for the spinning, but that is just b/c of my knuckle/sizing/blah blah blah you have heard it all before. Anyway, I had them size the wedding band down pretty small so I can barely take it off which is fine because I almost never remove it, and it doesn''t spin as much. When it is all lined up right, I love the look. I also hope to get a thin eternity band in the future to have another "look." For me, the plain setting and plain band because I change my mind a lot and this is a very classic set, which I;m unlikely to get tired of.
Thanks again everyone. If anyone else has pictures of their x prong type sets, it''s always fun to see!
heres another photo of my e-ring!

New ring photos 007 (Small).jpg

maddie80

Shiny_Rock
I thought I''d revive this thread- I''d love to see what else is out there, and I know there MUST be more x-prong ladies with wedding bands to share!

Thanks!

maddie80

Shiny_Rock
I saw a post from phoenixgirl that said she got a plain 2.5mm comfort fit band to go with her gold xprong. I looked and looked and could not find any pictures. Does anyone know if there were any posted?

Any other thoughts on great bands to go with the xprong?

Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results