shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your solitaire setting that sits flush with eternity band please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isabel

Shiny_Rock
Is there such a thing? I love the look of a plain solitaire, but nothing I seem to find can sit flush with a shared prong wedding band. Why can''t the shared prong bands be made more "low profile" like the ones at Tiffany so they can sit flush???

Am I missing something????
33.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Isabel,
Yes, there are eternity bands that sit low, like T&Co; and there are several eternity band experts
1.gif
here on the boards that I'm sure will chime in. I *think* Memoire is another one that is like the T&Co one... and Pearlman's is an excellent resource for those. Bill is a dream to work with.

ETA: Just had a thought... do you have your heart set on a shared prong style? Because I think a solitaire can look GORGEOUS with a micro-pave w-ring, or something a bit different like a Michael B lace band?! OH! *swooning!* just thinking about it!
30.gif

ETA (again!)
20.gif
9.gif
Another thought... maybe if you had a custom shared prong ring made by WF or Quest or Leon or whomever, you could specifically request a lower profile ring to sit flush with the e-ring? They might need to have the e-ring in hand when making the w-ring, but I would think that could work. ALSO, I used to be a "MUST. SIT. FLUSH!" kind of a girl... but you know what, I am starting to really like a small "gap". I think it can look kind of fluid and sexy. Who'dda thunk it?!
1.gif

ETA (yes, again!) I am making my own eyes roll! Anyway, just one last thought. You can also ensure that your rings sit flush by how the E-RING is made. You can have a diamond set surprisingly low and still allow a w-ring to sit flush; it all depends on the head. You wouldn't want a "donut" at the base of the head, plus there are ways that prongs can be built (starting straight up at the shank then swooping out, cupping the stone) that will not interfere with the way the w-ring will sit. My ring is like that, as are some (most?) of the Ritanis, etc. And I'm sure there are many others.

OK, I'm done. I swear!
2.gif

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2008 9:10:40 AM
Author:isabel
Is there such a thing? I love the look of a plain solitaire, but nothing I seem to find can sit flush with a shared prong wedding band. Why can''t the shared prong bands be made more ''low profile'' like the ones at Tiffany so they can sit flush???

Am I missing something????
33.gif

The Mémoire ones sit low... just not as low as the Tiffany ones...

chitowngal

Shiny_Rock
hi isabel! i am going through the exact same issue! i think that you just need to indicate to whoever is making your setting that you want it to sit flush with a wedding band. i want to set mine as low as possible without having flush-fit issues. i agree with lynn b on the micropave ring! that would look classy and different as well!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me! Me! I have a solitaire and a shared-prong eternity band that sits flush!!!
WF made both of them for me. The ering is the Legato and the eternity band was custom made to sit low. It sits flush, and I used to be a "must sit flush" kind of girl too but now, I too like the look of them sitting a little apart from each other so you can admire them separately. :)

Anyway, I''ll attach a photo here...

sitsflush.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2008 2:46:46 PM
Author: katiedid
Me! Me! I have a solitaire and a shared-prong eternity band that sits flush!!!
WF made both of them for me. The ering is the Legato and the eternity band was custom made to sit low. It sits flush, and I used to be a ''must sit flush'' kind of girl too but now, I too like the look of them sitting a little apart from each other so you can admire them separately. :)

Anyway, I''ll attach a photo here...
Well, there you go, Isabel! Just what you asked for. Looks like WF can do just what you want! YAY!

BTW, Katie, beautiful rings!
30.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lynn b, coming from you that is quite the compliment! you have FAB taste. I love your rings! So thanks!

isabel, I have tons of photos so if you want more, let me know.
emwink.gif

isabel

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone! Sorry I asked for help and then didn''t respond. I was at a bachelorette party fora friend!! It was a blast! Okay, so in reply, I didn''t realize that memoire made the lower profile eternity band. Does anyone know how expensive it is? Also, do they make it in a half eternity?

Thanks for all of your replies...as for whether I am a "must sit flush" person...I am not. My concern is the rubbing of the shared prong with the head of the setting. I''ve seen so many complaints about that on PS. But if WF can make it work, then that''s great! I personally wanted the shared prong legato but BF wants a plain solitaire setting because the center stone is larger than most...actually all the people we know. I got the 2.39ct I wanted so he can put it in whatever he wants! hehe
31.gif

Katie your rings are gorgeous! I would love to see more pictures if possible. PLEASE!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
hi isabel- definitely check out the memoire bands. they''re beautiful and sit very low. they have eternity as well as 5, 7 ,9, 10, and 11-stone bands.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine, Ritani Shared prong eternity band.

prf2.JPG

isabel

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 5:24:57 PM
Author: heraanderson
Here''s mine, Ritani Shared prong eternity band.
WOW! Gorgeous!!! So your eternity band doesn''t rub against your e-ring???

Fleur

Rough_Rock
OOO, really pretty! I''ll soon be looking for wbands and I''m leaning towards something like you gals are showing. I''ve got a solitaire too. thanks for sharing your beautiful rings!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 5:06:39 PM
Author: isabel
Hey everyone! Sorry I asked for help and then didn't respond. I was at a bachelorette party fora friend!! It was a blast! Okay, so in reply, I didn't realize that memoire made the lower profile eternity band. Does anyone know how expensive it is? Also, do they make it in a half eternity?

Thanks for all of your replies...as for whether I am a 'must sit flush' person...I am not. My concern is the rubbing of the shared prong with the head of the setting. I've seen so many complaints about that on PS. But if WF can make it work, then that's great! I personally wanted the shared prong legato but BF wants a plain solitaire setting because the center stone is larger than most...actually all the people we know. I got the 2.39ct I wanted so he can put it in whatever he wants! hehe
31.gif

Katie your rings are gorgeous! I would love to see more pictures if possible. PLEASE!

Isabel,
My FI's center stone is about the same size as yours... She chose the Tiffany shared prong in 2.86tcw. It was between that and the Mémoire one.

The Tiffany one is $12,800 for 2.86. Mémoire came in around $8-10k for similar size.

Also, Mémoire does in fact do half eternity bands. My FI wanted a full eternity band, but they didn't have her tcw in stock, so she tried on the 1/2 band at a few of the stores...

http://www.memoire.com/index.aspx?par=wheretobuy

Mémoire full eternity:
http://www.memoire.com/catalog/collections.aspx?collection=152

Mémoire 5 and 7 stone:
http://www.memoire.com/catalog/collections.aspx?collection=155

http://www.memoire.com/catalog/collections.aspx?collection=154

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi isabel! As promised, more photos of my eternity band with my solitaire...

lowpro2.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oops--one of those is the one I already posted... here''s another

lowpro5.jpg

zaq12

Rough_Rock
katiedid- i LOVE your set, I also have a solitaire with a low profile (yey! it''s new:) ) and am hoping to get a similar band. Could you tell me the stats of your band? and the size of your center stone so i can get a sense of proportions?

thanks!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi zaq12! Thanks so much. WF made both of them--they do such excellent work. My center stone is 1.01 and the eternity band stats are:

.03 stones
I think there are 28 stones, so total of ~.84 ctw
It''s very low profile, finished smooth, made so the stones don''t rub up against my ering.
I think it''s around 2.3 or so mm wide

hope this helps!

zaq12

Rough_Rock
thanks! that helps TONS! i thin my FI is set on matching wedding bands but hoping i can get one of these as an add on ... :)

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
this is my 1.54ctw memoire eternity band (size 6) with one of my e-rings.

IMG_0049_edited-3.JPG

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
it sits quite low and is very comfortable (the prongs don't protrude much).

katiedid's WF eternity looks fantastic, too. i bought my memoire from Pearlmans, and their prices are very competitive.

IMG_0055_edited-2.jpg

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
i also like how the prongs are set close to the center and really dainty so that you can see the round shape of the stones.

IMG_0057_edited-2.jpg

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
katiedid, i really love your set and am considering a similar band from wf. hope you don''t mind if i ask - compared to their stock "diamonds for an eternity" band, was it much more expensive to have wf custom make your eband to sit lower?

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
Mine almost sit flush but I have noticed after several months of wear that the wedding band does rub against the engagement ring a little so I''m now looking at other options (such as wearing a plain band spacer between the two)

Good luck on your search!

IMG_4948.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks chickpea! I think it was about $300 or so more to have it "customized". The thing is, the standard ring uses 4 pt stones and mine are only 3 pt. I didn''t know if 4 pters would be too big, so I decided to go with 3 pters, but if I had it to do over again, I''d get 4 pters. I do love how they finished it very smoothly so it wouldn''t rub my ering (they made the band when they had my ering there so they could match it perfectly). And I like how they made it as low as possible.

I LOVE the memoire band. That is my all time fave I think. But they are pricey!!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the info katiedid! i think i''d use the standard 4 pointers, too. my ering stone is slightly smaller than your current one, at .8 ct, though you previously had a .8, right? in your opinion would the 4 pointers overwhelm?

i''m hoping when the time comes to order mine, they''ll be able to make it sit as low as possible without having to go custom... i know they''ve been able to "tweak" stock items for other ps-ers, so i''m crossing my fingers they''ll do the same for me!

isabel

Shiny_Rock
Wow...everyone''s rings are gorgeous! I''ll definately have to consider going custom to get the look my BF wants. I still think it may be easier for us to just get the shared prong legato setting and the matching wedding band...that way I know there won''t be a problem. But I''m torn between all these styles and the shared prong setting....

I thought after you picked the diamond this setting business was supposed to be EASY!!!!!!
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results