shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your rose gold with pink diamonds!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I am thinking about my e-ring project and would LOVE to see your rose gold and pink diamond confections. I am considering a rose gold pink diamond halo with a plain shank for my e-ring and would love to see more examples to help me in the design process. I am not sure about the visual impact of rose gold next to my stone - a 1ct old mine cushion, VS1 I color (would pink and rose close it in too much?).
Opinions appreciated.

I adore the eye candy! Also, it would be helpful if you would give stats and tell if it is 14 or 18K. Thanks in advance...I can't wait!

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock
Ditto, I am looking to see the same :) (my stone is very different but want to see what the combo looks like, too) Hope you get some posters!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi!

I was once chasing the same things, here are the few that i found from one of my old threads:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/acebruin-leon-mege-intro.79622/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/acebruin-leon-mege-intro.79622/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gog-leon.134985/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gog-leon.134985/[/URL]

There are more, you just need to search in the threads for "pink diamond halo" and then sift through. I have a few more on bookmark on another computer, but these two I had the links for already =) I LOVE the pink halo/rose gold combo on a slightly warmer diamond!

_17159.jpg

_17160.jpg

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock
Those were really good links posted by dollyanjuli I think that looks great! The pastel pink diamonds working with the ever so slight tint of the your I stone. I love warm stones, I wish I had seen them before when I got my original e-ring b/c that's what I would have picked originally! But it was rushed... I just got this L cushion you see in my pic now and I could have gone even darker! In some lights it looks white and I wanted more warmth! But I just love love that two tone ring look for your stone, the white gold shank with the rose gold halo and the pink diamonds in the halo will compliment the center so well. I think you should definitely go for it! Those were great pics she posted, yours would look great like that... And by the way your old cut beats my modern cushion any day!! Some day I will have my old cut!! :) I wish I had found out about pricescope earlier in my search!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting these dollyandjuli! I love the look of the I's with the rose gold. Love Acebruins's ring, WOW! Thanks so much for posting .

Jillianfl, have you decided on the 18k or 14k, do you have a preference? Are you going for a white band or rose gold there too?

I am partial to old cuts myself. I am grateful my boyfriend went along with my desire for an old cut. He and I started out looking at Hearts on Fire...and then I found Pricescope and was ruined forever :lol:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
dolliandjuli, did you decide against the rose/pink combo?

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I didn't end up going with the pink halo, only because my husband doesn't love it. My new stone is a chunky cushion, j color with strong blue flour so looks unbelievably white. I'm setting it in a modified, but still classic, Harry Winston style. I have been going back and forth a bit on doing the entire ring in rose gold ( if i hate it I can always have it dipped) but in the end, husby thinks it will be better for the long run to go with something more "classic", rather than go through a reset.

All that said if he was on board for the pink halo, i would have TOTALLY done it.

In addition, my jeweler was happy to work with outside melee. I was working with Aviva from Leibish (fancydiamonds.net, a lot of pricescopers use them for colored diamonds) and the quote for 40 half pointers of fancy pink ( not intense, just fancy) was 6500/ carat, so my parcel of stones came to 700 flat.

Hope that helps. I still adore the pink diamond halo rings, and look them up all the time. There are also some BEAUTIFUL all rose gold rings- here is my all time favorite (its again leon mege according to PS)

img_6156__900x.jpg

img_6137__900x.jpg

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock
Yup I found pricescope after I got mine pretty much and am also ruined! But for mine I will do 14k rose gold. I have read that 14k is almost always "pinker" in color than 18k, which is esp. important for mine b/c mine is an L color but with a faint brown tint as opposed to the regular color scale which goes from white/ ivory/ yellow. So I'm hoping to bring out some faint pink undertones hopefully and make the stone itself look pinker and darker by doing a rose gold basket under it. Diamonds by Lauren does an amazing job at this and has successfully done this to stones with faint brown modifiers like mine and made them look quite pink. So I know it can be done, and I'm hoping it will work out.

My stone, b/c of the faint brown modifier, does not look good next to white gold I think (unplated maybe, but not reg white gold) so I am either going to do it all rose gold w/ rose gold halo, or if I do double halo (which I really kind of want) I *think* i have decided to it would be rose gold inner, white gold outer, and I think rose gold shank, b/c I haven't seen it done that way and I want to be a bit different, but it was a tough decision but ultimately my stone being a faint brown just doesn't look so good next to white gold so I figured better go with rose gold for the shank.

People have told me that the 18k rose gold has more yellow gold in it, and 14k has more copper and silver in it so it is more of a pinker color than the 18k. Two totally different looks, I love the, both but for mine I think the 14k is the only way I can go, but for you you can do either for surek it's just two different looks. I think you are lucky because you have a lot more options since you don't have the faint brown modifier and of course b/c you have a fabulous old cut! Does yours have that beautiful pastel fire? I'm sure it does! I think the pink diamonds will be such a nice compliment to that along with the rose gold and be a really unique touch that very few people have!

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock
Another gorgeous pic find by dollyanjuli... I'm definitely guessing that that has to be 18k rose gold, because while it's rose gold, I see a bit more yellow gold in it and I love it with the pink diamonds in it on the side, in my opinion, especially after seeing that, I think you should go with 18k rose gold for yours b/c your stone is an I on the regular color scale and therefore the 18k with a higher ratio of yellow gold in it will really compliment your stone since yours is on the regular color scale and not the brown color scale, and also the pink diamonds looked really look great in that, too, they stood out in it. If I had your stone I'd personally do the 18k and I do wish I had an old cut stone like you! :) but whatever you do you can't go wrong, it's an old cut... it's gonna be gorgeous!! :)

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Dont worry Jillian, and dont let other peoples stones make you change your mind. I think your stone is lovely and you can totally bring out the undertones. I love what diamonds by lauren does to bring out color. Here is something i found that I think could work nicely for your stone- the setting is very pinky tinted rose gold with very white melee, and there is a cup under the heart diamonds. Does it look pink? No. But does it look soft and rosey and lovely? yes!!!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/myth-or-not-yellow-gold-makes-a-white-diamond-look-yellow.193462/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/myth-or-not-yellow-gold-makes-a-white-diamond-look-yellow.193462/[/URL]

r5214-rose-gold-ring-heart-diamond.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
dollyanjuli,
You are smart to steer clear of a look hubby doesn't love. I mean, they are paying so much for that ring that they should love it too. Thanks for posting that delicate rose gold ring...wow, talk about a varied look between the 14k and 18k. I have also wondered about ever regretting rose gold when comparing to a classic white gold/plat somewhere down the road. The choice is probably win/win. A chunky J with flour sounds wonderful! you will post it, right? :)
I love flour in a stone. Mine didn't happen to have it, but something fun about a blue diamond under black light in low lighting :)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a great plan. I think the rose with lower colors is gorgeous! Do you have more pics of the stone on white? I would love to see it. I like a slight brown/pinky color! You're lucky with that and the plans to play it up are great. I agree DbL is very creative in bringing out colors. The last picture that dollyanjuli posted with the pinky colors is amazing.

I am considering having him make the ring in his "delicate halo" through Wink (where I found the diamond) though I prefer a plain shank to the melee shank. Plain shank rose gold halos are sort of scarce-I have Googled them endlessly. I have not started really working on that part yet...still in the design stage (in my head) and I don't want to work his poor elf Melissa endlessly when I am still dithering :)

I think the 14/18 choice makes a big difference in the contrast and look of the ring. The 18 looks a bit more subtle and softer against the pink diamonds. Seeing both, I think I may prefer the softer tones, although the 18k is more yellow.

My diamond does pick up colors like a sponge. Wink had a meeting online with us and I watched it pick up everything in the room, and under all sorts of lighting. At 6.3 x 6.1 the chunky facets will be much more delicate in a real world view. I took these pictures during the demo. I enhanced the pictures (auto correct) and they look a little darker than they did, but it gives an idea. The background was actually white, but if I color correct to a white background, it looks too dark. Diamonds are so hard to photograph! Here is the video: http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-default&id=44

oldchunky.jpg

jillianfl|1398144692|3657640 said:
Yup I found pricescope after I got mine pretty much and am also ruined! But for mine I will do 14k rose gold. I have read that 14k is almost always "pinker" in color than 18k, which is esp. important for mine b/c mine is an L color but with a faint brown tint as opposed to the regular color scale which goes from white/ ivory/ yellow. So I'm hoping to bring out some faint pink undertones hopefully and make the stone itself look pinker and darker by doing a rose gold basket under it. Diamonds by Lauren does an amazing job at this and has successfully done this to stones with faint brown modifiers like mine and made them look quite pink. So I know it can be done, and I'm hoping it will work out.

My stone, b/c of the faint brown modifier, does not look good next to white gold I think (unplated maybe, but not reg white gold) so I am either going to do it all rose gold w/ rose gold halo, or if I do double halo (which I really kind of want) I *think* i have decided to it would be rose gold inner, white gold outer, and I think rose gold shank, b/c I haven't seen it done that way and I want to be a bit different, but it was a tough decision but ultimately my stone being a faint brown just doesn't look so good next to white gold so I figured better go with rose gold for the shank.

People have told me that the 18k rose gold has more yellow gold in it, and 14k has more copper and silver in it so it is more of a pinker color than the 18k. Two totally different looks, I love the, both but for mine I think the 14k is the only way I can go, but for you you can do either for surek it's just two different looks. I think you are lucky because you have a lot more options since you don't have the faint brown modifier and of course b/c you have a fabulous old cut! Does yours have that beautiful pastel fire? I'm sure it does! I think the pink diamonds will be such a nice compliment to that along with the rose gold and be a really unique touch that very few people have!

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock
Amazing video it looks so gorgeous you have a great stone!! It's going to look so great, I just love lower colored diamonds now they have such personality! Yes I am with you on the rose gold shank with no sidestones, you never see it anywhere :) And that's a hard conclusion for me to have reached b/c I LOVE LOVE LOVE side melee!! But I think it will put the focus on the center, but I seriously love it both ways!! I have it on my original ring but I think I want to make this one even more different, too. I don't know so hard, I think the rose gold will be more subtle with the side melee but will pop more/ be obvious without... That DBL K heart ring, love it!! That was was a good thread on color change, too. Thanks for posting that I love him, love all his work!! Yes it is such a beautiful color that came out of that one, like a pale ballet slipper :) I have medium blue flour in my stone (seems almost purplish in the sunlight, pretty cool!) But you have so much sparkle with your old cut it doesn't need the help from the fluor, it has so much beautiful color from it's awesome cut! :) Can't wait to see how yours comes out!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
moneymeister|1398156704|3657681 said:
Sounds like a great plan. I think the rose with lower colors is gorgeous! Do you have more pics of the stone on white? I would love to see it. I like a slight brown/pinky color! You're lucky with that and the plans to play it up are great. I agree DbL is very creative in bringing out colors. The last picture that dollyanjuli posted with the pinky colors is amazing.

I am considering having him make the ring in his "delicate halo" through Wink (where I found the diamond) though I prefer a plain shank to the melee shank. Plain shank rose gold halos are sort of scarce-I have Googled them endlessly. I have not started really working on that part yet...still in the design stage (in my head) and I don't want to work his poor elf Melissa endlessly when I am still dithering :)

I think the 14/18 choice makes a big difference in the contrast and look of the ring. The 18 looks a bit more subtle and softer against the pink diamonds. Seeing both, I think I may prefer the softer tones, although the 18k is more yellow.

My diamond does pick up colors like a sponge. Wink had a meeting online with us and I watched it pick up everything in the room, and under all sorts of lighting. At 6.3 x 6.1 the chunky facets will be much more delicate in a real world view. I took these pictures during the demo. I enhanced the pictures (auto correct) and they look a little darker than they did, but it gives an idea. The background was actually white, but if I color correct to a white background, it looks too dark. Diamonds are so hard to photograph! Here is the video: http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-default&id=44

oldchunky.jpg

jillianfl|1398144692|3657640 said:

very pretty diamond. does it have a slight brown tint or is it the reflection off of something in the room? I am going to make a suggestion and you can see if it's something you may want to try since you like pink diamonds. I plan to do it for me one of these days- but who knows when I'll get around to it :rolleyes: , so if you want to see if this works- I'd love to see the results. I plan on purchasing an old cut diamond with a large culet- underneath this large culet I plan to have a fancy intense pink melee mounted-face up and close to the open culet in the hopes that the pink will shine through the diamond and the flashes of pastels from an old cut will pick up lots of pinks. I have the intense pink melee- just waiting for when I get around to buying a 2 carat or so, old cut to try it out. I remember someone did something similar with a lower color diamond that was more yellow and then placed a yellow diamond below the culet and you could really see the yellow diamond melee. Looks like your diamond has a large enough culet for this to be a thought.

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock
Here is a pic of a Diamonds By Lauren halo with plain rose gold shank, obviously it looks very different than any of ours would because of the diamond color, but meant to help imagine, it also has chunky facets... I'm having a harder time imagining mine b/c it isn't cut that way, but hope it helps to see one, they are definitely hard to find pics of!

r5081-orange-diamond-ring-hand-shot-a.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
jillianfl, you are adorable in your love of diamonds. I looked back at your old threads about your diamond and the pinkish/brownish setting and undertones. I think it is going to be amazing and warm in rose gold...cupped will bring that color out. Also, your diamond might do very well as Pinkjewel suggested - with that fancy pink melee to bounce that pink around a little more.

My old cut will sparkle enough to tickle my fancy forever, but it is not a big stone like yours. So the sparkle will be a little less pronounced in real life. In reality, my ring will need the real estate of that halo surround on my size 7.25 fingers. I am not sure what the undertone is for my rock, but it is a GIA I color...even on it's face it did not look particularly pink or yellow to me. I have not seen the diamond in real life yet...just videos and Skype and photos. The photo on my profile does not show any tone. I saw so much colored reflection in my stone as Wink showed it to us that I really don't know what the undertone will be. I remember when he put his hand near it the shin color showed all over the diamond. I think the color is high enough that it won't show with the type of cut I have, unless I view it from the side. I may not need blue flour...but how much fun will I have under black lights at a club without it? Sort of like a box of crackerjacks without a toy surprise :( LOL...I love it enough I will be okay.

jillianfl|1398178041|3657794 said:
Amazing video it looks so gorgeous you have a great stone!! It's going to look so great, I just love lower colored diamonds now they have such personality! Yes I am with you on the rose gold shank with no sidestones, you never see it anywhere :) And that's a hard conclusion for me to have reached b/c I LOVE LOVE LOVE side melee!! But I think it will put the focus on the center, but I seriously love it both ways!! I have it on my original ring but I think I want to make this one even more different, too. I don't know so hard, I think the rose gold will be more subtle with the side melee but will pop more/ be obvious without... That DBL K heart ring, love it!! That was was a good thread on color change, too. Thanks for posting that I love him, love all his work!! Yes it is such a beautiful color that came out of that one, like a pale ballet slipper :) I have medium blue flour in my stone (seems almost purplish in the sunlight, pretty cool!) But you have so much sparkle with your old cut it doesn't need the help from the fluor, it has so much beautiful color from it's awesome cut! :) Can't wait to see how yours comes out!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you very much. I see what you mean and I would probably be tempted to try the pink melee trick under the culet IF my stone was pinkish, but I don't think it is. My avitar is also a shot and is not showing any body color. I think it just picks up anything around it.The pink melee (to me) will blend into the rosy gold and make the effect warmer and more delicate (in my mind, anyhow) I love your collection of lovely pink stones, but the way! I can't wait to see your setting with the pink melee, it sounds very special!

very pretty diamond. does it have a slight brown tint or is it the reflection off of something in the room? I am going to make a suggestion and you can see if it's something you may want to try since you like pink diamonds. I plan to do it for me one of these days- but who knows when I'll get around to it :rolleyes: , so if you want to see if this works- I'd love to see the results. I plan on purchasing an old cut diamond with a large culet- underneath this large culet I plan to have a fancy intense pink melee mounted-face up and close to the open culet in the hopes that the pink will shine through the diamond and the flashes of pastels from an old cut will pick up lots of pinks. I have the intense pink melee- just waiting for when I get around to buying a 2 carat or so, old cut to try it out. I remember someone did something similar with a lower color diamond that was more yellow and then placed a yellow diamond below the culet and you could really see the yellow diamond melee. Looks like your diamond has a large enough culet for this to be a thought.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh that oval cut looks like the Blake Lively engagement ring, I love it! Definitely looks like a warm stone to me! Yeah I am anxious to see how it comes out if I can ever get a setting done for it! I don't know about that, the sparkle was so pronounced in that video, oh I just love old cuts now (thanks to pricescope for exposing me to all of them lol) Yes, I love all things that sparkle, always have since I was a kid! (when I went to Disneyland, CA when I was 4 I would reach out of the boat on Pirates of the Caribbean to try and grab the jewels on the edge, my parents would have to hold me back lol... In Disney World, FL though the treasure is not spread out near the edge- no fun haha) I know nothing about stones at all really, especially not like the wonderful other members here like yourself and everyone else, but I was very excited to find an online community with such appreciation, fun discussions, and love of all things that sparkle just like I do! I wish I found it sooner!

When you get it turn it over on a white piece of paper and you will probably know what color comes to mind? Maybe put a light yellow object next to it and a beige object next to it and whichever one it looks better next to is probably it's undertone right? I agree it will definitely be harder to see since your I is much lighter than my L probably, I read on other threads that GIA only gives a faint brown (or any other color designation to K's and below (and even then only started doing that some years ago I think?).

Hey if you miss the fluoresence you can just make sure to get fluoresent side stones for the halo! That would be cool under the blacklights at the club! :) Post pics when it arrives and we can all play guess the undertone :) Also I found this pic with a rose gold band, too! It is a morganite center but I thought it was still a good real life pic with a solid rose gold shank and halo! The solid shank really does make you focus on just the halo and center stone, and not the whole ring. Depends what look you are going for, I so like them both! (this one is double halo so it helps me imagine too, they are pinks in the inside halo:)

20131028_113236.jpg

mjg

Rough_Rock
I thought moissanite wasn't allowed here :confused: The above ring is pink moissanite. Or is colored ok on PS?

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock
No no it's morganite, it said that in the description where I found it online and I wrote that above. It's in the beryl family like an aquamarine is. It's totally different, just another a colored stone center... They range in pale pink to peach to salmon color. It should be allowed since it's a real colored gem- if not I'm sorry I thought it would be, it's a beryl! I did a forum search and there's tons of threads on PS about morganite.

mjg

Rough_Rock
No it's pink moissanite. I'm familiar with the owner of that ring. I'm not sure if we're allowed to link to other forums but if so I can find the link to it.

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock
Well I saw no video, I just found it on pinterest w/ that description, so I had no idea it was anything other than that, I certainly did not knowingly break the rules, we are all talking about diamonds here anyway, those in charge are welcome to take the photo down, it is very hard to find any cushion shape stone in halo w/ pink melee and rose gold plain shank online that is a real life photo so that's all I was trying to do, but I thought it was morganite as found on pinterest image. Just trying to have fun imagining rings here :)

mjg

Rough_Rock
Well I love that ring, I was just clarifying because I thought it was a no no to post moissanite, but then wondered if maybe since it's colored it's ok.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so surprised that this thread isn't flooded with photos or pink diamonds and rose gold. Kinda disappointing. :(sad C'mon people, where are your really pink pieces?! :cheeky:

theren

Rough_Rock
The center is a yellow but the halo is pink diamond with rose gold.

img_20131221_6.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks theren. A lovely ring-looks wonderful on your hand..do you have more pictures, possibly a close up?. Super interested in seeing the pink diamonds against rose gold. The rose gold looks delicate. is it 18k? Thanks in advance!

theren|1398600981|3661141 said:
The center is a yellow but the halo is pink diamond with rose gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results