shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your pears!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Yummy new pears, thanks for posting pics!!!

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Noxcuses, your ring is loveley. Thanks for posting. I am so excited that this thread is now six pages long! I feel like pears are such the underdog of diamonds even though they are so pretty. Kamuelamom, thanks for the compliment. I think you should have DH buy you this setting you love so much with a pear center stone.

Stargazer

Rough_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
Ooohhh PEARS, I''m still waiting for my pear- just a simply set one about 1.5ct would be nice, F-G colour, and VS to SI .
Maybe a 20th anniversary pressy, do you think? Need to get my husband to read this site.

Meanwhile; ''good loving home available for any homeless unappreciated pear! ''
3.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing all the new pears everyone! I''m back for more updates, so hopefully I won''t make too many repeats...

Author: jaxon
E-ring: Center stone purchased from Good Old Gold, 1.05ct Square Cushion H&A F/ VVS1 with pear 0.58cttw F/ VS2-SI1 (sourced by Leon) in a platinum 3-stone setting by Leon Mege, 5.5 ring size
crw_9889_rj.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Author: moolman
E-ring: GIA 1.32ct VS2/ F center RB, 7.12-7.14x4.29, D: 60.2, T: 57, G: Thin to Medium Faceted, Culet none, Polish/ Symmetry: Excellent, FL: Faint, HCA: 1.0 Ex/ ex/ ex/ ex with 2x Pear shape side stones in a Verragio ENG-0023 setting.

moolmanring.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, somebody STOP me! Not a pear stone, but a PRICKLY PEAR CACTUS background! Hah! I couldn''t help myself, it''s too good. And the ring is stunning!

Author: Trevor
Here''s the ring that won my sweetheart''s hand this past weekend - it''s sitting on the flower of a prickly pear cactus.
The diamond''s a 1.60ct VS2 with J color, Oval, custom-made halo setting.

ring%20resized.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Author: ICAA
Custom design platinum ring with RB center (prongs) and bezel-set pear sides - 24 points each, E colour, VS1 clarity, LTW: 1.58 (5.2 x 3.3), Depth: 63.6%, Table: 59%

P1010354r.jpg

Pear_Compilation.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Author: lizz
My 1.51 ct. H-color e-ring with pear sidestones.

pear4122.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
From the Colored Stones Eye Candy folder!

Author: Widget

Tsavorite
3.25%20tsavorite.JPG

Sapphire with diamond pears
unheated%20burma.JPG

Black opal and diamonds
bo.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
This is DiaDiva''s sapphire ring. It looks like a pear, but perhaps she''ll clarify and help me out. Gorgeous!

"Here is my sapphire, not sure of its dimensions. My husband bought it for my birthday 4 years, way before I discovered Pricescope. I think it''s around 1 carat, can''t remember about the little diamonds though."
Image039.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
More pics of Matatora''s blue topaz with diamond halo!

myprettybluepearcet.JPG

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora I don''t believe I''ve seen your beautiful ring until now. I have a few loose colored pear stones which I thought of setting exactly like yours! So your pictures really help me envision them. Thanks for sharing them.

I''m going to PM you for more info. Thanks!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting my pics...I just love it! All the detial which I have about the ring can be found in the Its blue like my eyes thread under colored stones.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2005 6:15:39 PM
Author: JCJD
This is DiaDiva''s sapphire ring. It looks like a pear, but perhaps she''ll clarify and help me out. Gorgeous!

''Here is my sapphire, not sure of its dimensions. My husband bought it for my birthday 4 years, way before I discovered Pricescope. I think it''s around 1 carat, can''t remember about the little diamonds though.''
Image039.jpg
Hi JCJD, yes, it is a pear shaped sapphire. Here''s a better shot

SaphPear.JPG

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my pear diamond ring.

It''s a 1.35ct F SI1 w/ .28cttw pear sides.

PearRHR2.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Sarita, that''s a very pretty ring! Is that your engagement ring?

Here''s another shot of my pear sapphire right hand ring.

P7270048.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2005 8:50:03 PM
Author: denyRN

Date: 4/4/2005 4
6.gif
0:36 PM
Author: JCJD
kaleigh''s pear sides, RB center, pears are .68 tw E color VVS2

kal11.JPG

original thread
Man oh man...I love this ring!!!
So do I it''s a DREAM RING
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
one of my all time favourites
9.gif
10.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks LoganS. It is actually my RHR, something I got to hold me down until I can wear my E-ring but I don''t really wear it that much due to age, etc. Your sapphire is very pretty too! I am not a yellow person but in the pear shape it really looks fabulous.

kath0469

Rough_Rock
You all have such beautiful pears!!! This is my first post. I came here looking for ideas for a new setting. My rings are 18K yellow gold dipped in Rhodium (because I prefer the white gold or platinum look). They desparately need to be dipped again. The new setting will be in plat. I tried my best to get a good pic. The ring looks much nicer then the pic shows.
Specs
e-ring
1.6 pear, H, SI1
12 baguettes, totalling 1.06 cts, F, VVS1
24 rounds, totalling .46cts, F, VVS1

band
12 baguetts totalling 1.3 cts, F ,VVS1
2e.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, Kath!! Beautiful pear--you''re in good company
35.gif
35.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Kathy, that''s a beautiful set
30.gif
. Can we get a hand shot?

kath0469

Rough_Rock
Another pic. For some reason the baguettes and rounds look dark in the pics?
6e.jpg

kath0469

Rough_Rock
Thanks ladies! Here comes the hand shot! I think the ring is too much on my hand. I have short fingers and when I wear the set together, it comes almost to my knuckle! I''ve been looking online for pear mountings but that seems to be a rare find these days. Sorry for the glare in the pic.
ringonhand.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Kathy. Very nice....I love the row of hidden diamonds on the side. Gorgeous...please don''t change the setting. It''s really different from most of the designs out there. If you think it''s too "thick", maybe you might want to make it slightly bigger so it doesn''t feel so tight on hot days when fingers expand.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
kath: that is a beautiful set!! i love how the baguettes compliment your pear..and i agree that ur set is different from what we have seen around and u shouldn''t change it..its just magnificent....i can just imagine if u wear each on their own how pretty it would look, and even more so when worn together...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kath - LOVE that 1.6 ct pear! And what a unique setting with that wall of baguettes and rb stones on the side. SO unique!!!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kathy! Your ring is beautiful as is the very unique yet classic setting you have chosen for your pear.

I echo this poster:
Date: 8/15/2005 11:30:53 PM
Author: DiaDiva
Thanks, Kathy. Very nice....I love the row of hidden diamonds on the side. Gorgeous...please don''t change the setting. It''s really different from most of the designs out there. If you think it''s too ''thick'', maybe you might want to make it slightly bigger so it doesn''t feel so tight on hot days when fingers expand.
Please don''t scrap that setting! I think this would be a great option to explore if that is the only thing you dislike about it.

kath0469

Rough_Rock
So you think I should keep the setting? Well, you ladies certainly have great taste and you KNOW diamonds, so it looks like I''ll be keeping the same look. I will have it redone in plat, since it''s yellow gold with rhodium. I''d still like to have it thinner. The ring size is perfect, but the band is so thick I can''t put my fingers together. My pinky knuckle bangs against the band. I''ll just have to see if it can be thinned out and keep the rounds on the sides.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What a love setting, very spiffy and diffrent!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results