shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your pear halo, please :)

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
We bought a 1.03 ct H VS2 good cut pear on Friday and plan to get it made into a halo with plain white gold band. I''m so excited but wonder if it looks nice on my "not too long" 6.5 finger.

If you own a pear halo, please show it to me. Thanks a lot :)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more...
3.gif

DSCF2955.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh... I meant to add that my pear is 1.02 carat, F, SI1

I hope to see other pear halo rings posted!!
18.gif

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
It looks huge on your finger, it is gorgeous. Thank you :)

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
This is my "something blue" a 2ct aquamarine pear halo from my FI for Valentine''s Day. I fell in LOVE with Pear halos AFTER I got engaged. So this was an incredible suprise and now I have my pear halo (even though it''s not my ering, or a diamond!)

LOVE these other pears! can''t wait to see more!

aaqquaa.JPG

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
Another.... Just so you can see a Pear Halo with "no airline" : )

rrrlllllllllll.JPG

kmcq

Rough_Rock
here''s mine.
1.gif
sorry it''s too blurry. It''s 1 ct. as well

pear001.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty... al of them. This was my first true love when I started thinking about rings. Unfortunately I could not get the bf to agree...
38.gif
Oh well... I will have to enjoy all of yours for now!
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MaryAlaina, would you know the measurements of your pear? I''m trying to imagine how big mine would look with a halo. I''m looking forward to resetting mine in platinum at some point.

Also, do you have any pictures of your ring underneath? Can you snug a w-band under it?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neveah... that is gorgeous! I too have a pear halo aquamarine in yellow gold. In that first picture you posted, the diamonds take on a pink hue!!

Kmcg.... just beautiful!
MA.... love the split shank!

Keep those pics coming! More, more, more!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 9:16:23 AM
Author: gemgirl
MaryAlaina, would you know the measurements of your pear? I''m trying to imagine how big mine would look with a halo. I''m looking forward to resetting mine in platinum at some point.

Also, do you have any pictures of your ring underneath? Can you snug a w-band under it?

It is 10.93mm x 7.01mm, K color/IF. Here is a picture of it with a Tiffany Legacy band. It usually leaves a gap, as shown. Mine isn''t really made to wear a w-band right next to it, but I don''t think it wouldn''t take much alteration to change it so you could.

legacywithpear3.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2008 9:50:47 AM
Author: MaryAlaina

Date: 3/11/2008 9:16:23 AM
Author: gemgirl

It is 10.93mm x 7.01mm, K color/IF. Here is a picture of it with a Tiffany Legacy band. It usually leaves a gap, as shown. Mine isn''t really made to wear a w-band right next to it, but I don''t think it wouldn''t take much alteration to change it so you could.
Thanks so much for the reply MaryAlaina. My stone measurements are not too far off of yours. Your ring and your mounting are beautiful and it covers a lot of the finger (which is why I asked the question!) Another thing to save up for.....

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
Oh, thank you for posting your pics, pear halo rings are surely yummy, I can''t wait to post the pics of my new ring (1.5 weeks to go).

I wonder if 0.5 ct for the halo is enough... I hope it won''t be too thick, I prefer a thin and delicate halo.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2008 2:06:04 PM
Author: Neveah
This is my 'something blue' a 2ct aquamarine pear halo from my FI for Valentine's Day. I fell in LOVE with Pear halos AFTER I got engaged. So this was an incredible suprise and now I have my pear halo (even though it's not my ering, or a diamond!)

LOVE these other pears! can't wait to see more!
Sorry for the threadjack.

Neveah, l LOVE LOVE
30.gif
30.gif
your ring, esp. the delicate halo. do you have a llink to yr link? Would you mind if I ask you where yr Fi got it from (if you know)?

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
Lovely halo pears ladies. Mine is around here, although I have since traded it. I am on my way out so I don''t have time to look for it. Better yet, you can go to www.maryalaina.com and see it.
35.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2008 1:20:28 AM
Author: kmcq
here''s mine.
1.gif
sorry it''s too blurry. It''s 1 ct. as well

kmcq, can you tell me who makes your pear halo mounting?

kmcq

Rough_Rock
^^^ I have to double check with hubby. I know he had it made at a local jewellery store in Alberta. (he works out of town so that''s where he had it made)

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 12:10:59 PM
Author: DIAMOND*QUEST
Lovely halo pears ladies. Mine is around here, although I have since traded it. I am on my way out so I don''t have time to look for it. Better yet, you can go to www.maryalaina.com and see it.
35.gif
Was it your ring she copied?

krisd

Rough_Rock
Hi kmcq,
What size are the diamonds in your wedding band? and what is the thickness of the band?

alj

Rough_Rock
hi cushioncutnut!

I love your pear. I especially like how there is the band of metal between the diamond and the halo. What is that called? where did you get your setting from?

thank you!

allie

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so beautiful, I’d love to know who made it

Thank you! I had a jeweler from Florida put this together. The halo part was actually a pendant and he added the shank with the diamonds to it along with the v-tip and prongs! I will be giving this ring to my daughter when she gets engaged in the near future!

Reactions: nmg

nmg

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I had a jeweler from Florida put this together. The halo part was actually a pendant and he added the shank with the diamonds to it along with the v-tip and prongs! I will be giving this ring to my daughter when she gets engaged in the near future!

Thanks! It’s gorgeous. I’d love to see more photos- it’s so unique!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results