shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Natalie K or Simon G rings...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been drooling over some of Natalie K's stuff on Firenze Jewels lately...this is my current fave. It's 1.27c for just under $2k. I love the clean two lines of diamonds and then the simple detail in the center.

I know some gals on here have Simon G bands....can you post pictures? Also, anyone own Natalie K items? Or similar style? I hadn't heard of Natalie K before I visited Firenze's site.

I am thinking of getting something like this for a RHR over the next year or so...but I really want to find the RIGHT style and ring for my hand. I'd much rather have one piece, something I will wear often, than a bunch of random items bought on impulse. I have tried on a few in stores and can't go over 8mm width because then it really shortens my finger (not flattering)...ideally 7mm or so would be perfect. But seems alot of these 'patterned' styles come in 9-11mm width which I tried on and looks horrible on my finger.

So just curious, if anyone has something similar or from SG or NK...please post the pic (ideally hand pic!) and what your thoughts are re: this style of ring.

Thanks guys!
1.gif

natalie k vintage band.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love that one Mara, it's lovely. I know Diamondlil has a pretty Simon G band, it's gorgeous. Hopefully she will post it for you. I got to see it on our Baltimore GTG. I agree to buy something that you truly love than buying random pieces. I would rather have a few really nice pieces that I can enjoy.
2.gif

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
that''s the ticket! get the great pieces. send all of those lovely wide rings to me i have long fingers and like the wide styles. banjo

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Kaleigh, I still wear my 12 mm wide Simon G nearly every day as a RHR. I get so many compliments on it. I don''t have a good hand shot of it on me, but here is a pic I took when I got pink roses for our anniversary in June.

If you don''t have long fingers, this would be an uncomfortable ring to wear. My friend, MissGotRocks, tried it on and could not close her hand. There are several Simon G bands I would just love to have, but I got such a good deal on this one, I snatched it. It came from another PS member who posted here quite a while ago. She was selling a few of her items that she never wore. At the time, I was really down in the dumps about my new custom wedding set being screwed up royally by the first jeweler I hired. I had been without an e-ring for many, many months, and it was my 40th birthday. When I showed the ring to my husband and told him how much the seller was asking for it, his eyes bugged out and he said, "So buy it so you''ll have a little somethin'' for your 40th birthday." And I did.
9.gif
2.gif
It was a great price and just what I needed at the time to tide me over emotionally until I finally had my new wedding set made by Quest 9 months later.

I know there is another PS member here who has the exact same ring, but I can''t remember her name. Maybe she will chime in.

rosesimong01.jpg

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know the width of these rings, and they aren''t Natalie K or Simon G, but they are really pretty. http://www.fusarojewelry.com/webfolder/lefleur.html

Just a side note, but I used to go this site all the time to look at the rings before I got my ring, and when I just went to it, they have a zillion halo designs now, and they didn''t even have one before.

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
This isn''t Simon G or Natalie K either. I agree get what you want the first time. I just thought these fit with the rings you were looking at. They are wide, unusual and fun. I have small, short fingers so I would never be able to wear any of these. But it is fun looking!! They are from Ross Simon

148827c.jpg

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
Last one from Ross Simon. I thought this was very unique and inexpensive!! They have 20% off all jewelry right now and seem to have posted a lot of "new" things that I haven''t seen there before. Tons of rings with Halo''s.

150880b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah I have looked at Ross and Fortunoff and other places, but those designs don''t grab me as much as this Natalie K one and some of the Simon G''s (and some other ones I have seen) do...plus I have heard good and bad about Ross Simons quality etc.

Diamond Lil...do you have any hand shots of the ring on your hand?

I have fairly long fingers but when I tried on what I think was a 10mm one at the store it was just SO overpowering for my hand and my finger. Then when I tried on my 10 stone (3mm) ring and 2 side rings maxed at 2mm I thought that looked good. So I figure around 7-8mm. Though I really love those wide patterns!

What is that other gal designer''s name who does rings like these...someone posted a link of them in the RHR thread I think...hmmmm.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara, have you seen the Carl Blackburn rings at Pearman''s? the prices seem to be in the range you''re looking at...
here''s one from the site...
14PP13.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2005 5:48:33 PM
Author:Mara
I am thinking of getting something like this for a RHR over the next year or so...but I really want to find the RIGHT style and ring for my hand. I''d much rather have one piece, something I will wear often, than a bunch of random items bought on impulse. I have tried on a few in stores and can''t go over 8mm width because then it really shortens my finger (not flattering)...ideally 7mm or so would be perfect. But seems alot of these ''patterned'' styles come in 9-11mm width which I tried on and looks horrible on my finger.
Uh oh-- a ~3.5 ct diamond is about 10 mm....are you sure you can''t handle a 10 mm RHR?
31.gif
11.gif
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,
Do you mean Cathy Waterman ... doesn''t have many rings listed on her site, but I think there are some on some retailers that are RHR fabulous ..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2005 4:37:55 PM
Author: Jennifer5973

I am thinking of getting something like this for a RHR over the next year or so...but I really want to find the RIGHT style and ring for my hand. I''d much rather have one piece, something I will wear often, than a bunch of random items bought on impulse. I have tried on a few in stores and can''t go over 8mm width because then it really shortens my finger (not flattering)...ideally 7mm or so would be perfect. But seems alot of these ''patterned'' styles come in 9-11mm width which I tried on and looks horrible on my finger.
Uh oh-- a ~3.5 ct diamond is about 10 mm....are you sure you can''t handle a 10 mm RHR?
31.gif
11.gif
2.gif
Oh I can handle a biggie 10mm ROCK, but on a thin band...having 10mm of BAND on the finger didn''t look right at all on my hand.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco yes that is who I was thinking of...does anyone on here have a Cathy Waterman band? From the pictures they are stunning...but I haven''t seen online retailers with any pricing.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.ylang-ylang.com/shop.cfm?ShopBy=Collections&CurrentPage=37&CollectionID=1

Cathy Waterman''s collection at this vendor has a "Reverso Vine" ring similar to the one that started this thread - only reversed. Also the Tiny Thorn collection is not to be missed!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow is it just me or do those Cathy Waterman rings seem REALLY expensive for what they are??

So far the Natalie K is still my fave and not bad at just under $2k!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2005 5:09:44 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 9/6/2005 4:37:55 PM
Author: Jennifer5973

31.gif
11.gif
2.gif
Oh I can handle a biggie 10mm ROCK, but on a thin band...having 10mm of BAND on the finger didn''t look right at all on my hand.
2.gif
Just checking.
9.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2005 5:24:26 PM
Author: Mara
Wow is it just me or do those Cathy Waterman rings seem REALLY expensive for what they are??

So far the Natalie K is still my fave and not bad at just under $2k!
they''re really outrageously priced, but I love ''em and have them on my dream list
3.gif

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Had to bump this post up cause I hope to be getting my Natalie K ering soon!!! (#9810) Valentine's Day is coming up, vacation plans during that time are made...the setting is PERFECT for handing over the goods
31.gif
!!

SweetVioletBlue

Rough_Rock
Hello! I know it isn''t a right-hand or band-style ring, but my ring is by MK Diamonds, who makes the Natalie K line (their ''designer'' line). I love it because it looks a lot like some Natalie K pieces, but not as large/bulky. My RBC is a spready 1ct at almost 6.6mm.

Here are some pics...

Pictures007.jpg
Pictures011.jpg
Pictures018.jpg

The quality is excellent for the price tag....I love it so, so much!

Anyways, you should check out www.mkdandj.com - their website DESPARATELY needs to be updated, but you''ll get a very similar look to many Natalie K pieces without paying a premium for their ''branded'' line of jewelry. HTH!!
26.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope SweetVioletBlue!
35.gif

Your set is gorgeous! I love the side view.
30.gif

You should start a separate thread for it so everyone can see it.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your ering SweetVioletBlue!!! It''s gorgeous and I second that you start a new thread for it. It''s a beautiful set.
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Welcome to PS
35.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh I am SUCH a sucker for rings with gorgeous side views! Just a great set, wow!!!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found out about This Site recently... and their wide band rings look quite fab
1.gif

Img_0315.jpg
probably custom: $1800-$2800

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results