shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your milgrain bezel PRETTY PLEASE

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey All
So I'm looking at a new design style for my ring that would include a bezel with milgrain detail. SO is afraid that it will hide the center stone, and I'm having to do some convincing with him on what I'm wanting in a ring. He is all about having a ton of stones to make it flashy, and I'm all about a refined, antiqued look. So can ya'll help me out and show me your milgrain bezels, esp photos with some flash and fire so he sees the stone won't be hidden?!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Do you mean like these???

_7525.jpg

2365-6.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Yes!! Mostly those without halos! need him to see that they can and DO display the center stone beautifully!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jacobctrenmore

Rough_Rock
hi Dragonfly,

I dont know what color you are looking for but I just got a bezel made in YG and really like it:

_7532.jpg

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Me too. I just got an upgraded engagement ring from Single Stone with a very thin delicate platinum bezel:
It's a 2.24 K late oec. Milgraining along top edge and teeny beading around bezel edge.

Super pretty bezels everyone!

_7533.jpg

_7536.jpg

_7538.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Ladies these are all so gorgeous!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Here is the CAD for what I came up with. It of course doesn't show the milgrain which will run around the bezels and also down the top along the side stones as it tapers down. What do you guys think? This includes my cushion and then the .20 that I just purchased (which means I won't get my drop pendant but I figure it's a worthy sacrifice to get the engagement we want done quicker and easier, we'll only have to source one other .20). I hate how chunky CAD's are. It's much more refined when you go by the mm dimensions. The bezel is only .6mm, much smaller than this makes it look.
cad_1.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Niel
Great thread, but sortof conflicting. There's not one really clear answer there, though I do agree that there is more contrast in the bezel set stone in the images. I am going to show him those so he can see that the stone doesn't take a great negative impact. I also don't think he fully realizes that the performance does not come from viewing a stone from the side, but from the top, which I'll have to point out to him. :wavey:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it's gorgeous and know that IRL it will be delicate and stunning...CADs are always so deceiving! Who's making the ring for you?

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Yours will be georgeous! Even without milgrain it already is :appl:

Mine milgrained bezel with very little diamond accents

_7584.jpg

_7585.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Confection - your ring is absolutely lovely!

Yenny - I'm going to see if there's a way to let you know privately. :wavey:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
So we decided to eradicate the bezels after talking to the jeweler who would be setting my stone, as well as multiple discussions with SO. He really wants the stone to set up above the ring a bit, and our jeweler felt the design would have detracted from the stone we chose. So we added a little bit to it, made the changes and voila! The ring should be ready in about three and a half weeks. I'm SO EXCITED!

Yenny- I wanted to respond to you to explain why I never answered you! I work for an online company, and after discussing with admin, the better choice for me to make is to simply not disclose at this time, as it would not be fair to mention who since I work here. So I hope that it's ok for me to just share my images and enjoy the ring I designed for myself with you all! :wavey: I post here because I enjoy this community and I enjoy jewelry so much, and I love seeing everyone's sparkly collections, so I will remain discreet. I can't wait to show you guys the finished ring, I can't wait to put it on!! I JUST CAN'T WAIT!
my_ring.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! that's going to be UNBELIEVABLE! :love: :appl:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
dragonfly411 said:
So we decided to eradicate the bezels after talking to the jeweler who would be setting my stone, as well as multiple discussions with SO. He really wants the stone to set up above the ring a bit, and our jeweler felt the design would have detracted from the stone we chose. So we added a little bit to it, made the changes and voila! The ring should be ready in about three and a half weeks. I'm SO EXCITED!

Yenny- I wanted to respond to you to explain why I never answered you! I work for an online company, and after discussing with admin, the better choice for me to make is to simply not disclose at this time, as it would not be fair to mention who since I work here. So I hope that it's ok for me to just share my images and enjoy the ring I designed for myself with you all! :wavey: I post here because I enjoy this community and I enjoy jewelry so much, and I love seeing everyone's sparkly collections, so I will remain discreet. I can't wait to show you guys the finished ring, I can't wait to put it on!! I JUST CAN'T WAIT!
my_ring.jpg

Oooo, that's one of the nicest CADs I've ever seen - the finished product is going to be (y)ummmmmmmmmbelievable! I hope you will post many pics ... :naughty:

SB621|1372258529|3472627 said:
Do you mean like these???

And, slightly off-topic, but I simply must know ... SB, where is that yellow gold setting from??? I LOVE that!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the changes you made to the mount! I think in this case, no bezels is the way to go. I personally think bezels work best with stones that have a lot of chunky contrast scintillation. Your style of cuts will look best prong set I think!

For future reference in this thread, here is my own milgrain bezel. My stone is a chunkier cut and looks better bezelled because it really amps up the contrast between lights and darks..

greorge1_033.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dragonfly, it's gorgeous!!! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see the finished piece! :appl:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I'm really excited too!!!

Dreamer - I agree with you, and also think that it would work better with larger stones.

Circe - I promise to be a picaholic.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
It's home and beautiful!!! I am not allowed to post until he pops the question. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Men.

It is everything I expected and more though and I cannot wait to share it! My grandma keeps pestering him to get it on my hand already so she can see it every day. :saint:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1380643988|3530148 said:
It's home and beautiful!!! I am not allowed to post until he pops the question. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Men.

It is everything I expected and more though and I cannot wait to share it! My grandma keeps pestering him to get it on my hand already so she can see it every day. :saint:

Well bless your grandma!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for grandmas like yours, for sure! Let us know if you want us to start bugging your BF too, hee hee!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
haha! Will do!
She's adorable, and impatient. I get it though. He wants a bit of a surprise element involved since I got to pick it out and design it.

himni

Shiny_Rock
backwardsandinheels|1372269493|3472712 said:
Me too. I just got an upgraded engagement ring from Single Stone with a very thin delicate platinum bezel:
It's a 2.24 K late oec. Milgraining along top edge and teeny beading around bezel edge.

Super pretty bezels everyone!

love this!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Yay dragonfly!!! Can't wait for that pretty to be on your finger. Your DBF isn't the only one that needs a nudge! :bigsmile:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I've been MIA. Been training for a new job and had the flu. He asked on Thanksgiving right in front of our cozy fireplace! Just us! So FINALLY, here she is!!!

20131206_131140.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results