shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your marquise.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I have found a new love in my ering that my dear sweet husband gave me over 6 years ago. We have always loved marquise, it might not be big at only .35ct but it''s flawless and sparkles like crazy!!! I know they are some more girls out there that love the marquise, so if you''ve got um be proud of um and show there pics here!!! Tomorrow I will take some good shots of mine and post, but you ladies go ahead and post away. And if this thread has done and been started in time some of you sweet gals can send me in the right direction!
5.gif

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine! I just happen to be lurking for a bit and as it happens I also have a marquise to share.

I keep a folder of marquise rings that I love. I always loved my mother''s marquise,and my SIL has one as well. They are all very different styles though. I was torn between the traditional setting N/S and the more unsual E/W which I also love but prefer traditional with the eternity rings I have.

For our 3rd anniversary I added another antique eternity ring which makes quit a bit of antique bling for one finger.

DSCN0310.JPG

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! cnspotts, Your marquise is gorgeous!!! isn''t there just something sooo elegant about the marquise shape.
1.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is lovely!!
9.gif

Do sidestones count? I have two .13ct East-West set marquise sidestones with my .50ct round brilliant... and I adore them! They sparkle so much more than I would have expected!

PhotoRoxane080.jpg

More pics here!!

It's funny, because I wasn't a marquise cut fan before I found my ring design and fell in love with it... Now I'm lusting after an E-W marquise eternity band for a RHR!
26.gif

ETA: cnspotts, your set is stunning!
30.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Okay I had a pic of mine that wasn''t to bad... so here it goes,,, she''s not huge but I love her!!!!

and yes side stones count!!!
5.gif

mystone5678.jpg

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
anchor your ring really is pretty, and a rhr with a east west marquise would be beautiful!/idealbb/editor/cute/images/emteeth.gif

and I thought I would post another pic of my lovely!
5.gif

I sooo need to take better pics,,, the light in my bathroom was terrible.
emotion-18.gif

myset123.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2006 8:49:58 PM
Author:luvsdiamonds
I have found a new love in my ering that my dear sweet husband gave me over 6 years ago.
that is so awesome!! loving what you have is so much more important than having what you love :)

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/26/2006 11:04:20 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 10/26/2006 8:49:58 PM
Author:luvsdiamonds
I have found a new love in my ering that my dear sweet husband gave me over 6 years ago.
that is so awesome!! loving what you have is so much more important than having what you love :)

This is sooo true Cehrabehra!!! I have a three stone ring that I have wore for a few years ,,, and then got a .50ct solitaire that I sold shortly after getting it,,, because there is just something about that marquise no matter what I wear keeps warming my heart and entering my mind. But don''t get me wrong I love my three stone to,,, but this is the ring he gave me when we started our lives together and that''s special.
face23.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love marquise diamonds.

They are so unique and lovely... keep ''em coming!
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings ladies! I don't think I have ever seen your marquise set before, cnspots! It's lovely!!!

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Here is mine! I have been lurking and ocassionally posting for over a year now and I have finally figured out how to take a good picture with my camera. Once you find the right settings it easy
16.gif

jfdgkl;jfdgrs.JPG

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Thats scary big. Now that I got th picture taking part down, I need to just figure out how to post them so they aren''t as big as the Colosseum.

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
ponderer your marquise is gorgeous!!! And are those baguettes,,, I just love the look of bags with a marquise!
30.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Pyramid!!! OMG!!! That''s gorgeous! I love love love that yellow gold!!!
30.gif
,,,, what is the carat total weight??? I just love that!
30.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Gotta share mine, thought you may have seen it already:

ava45.jpg

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring I posted was one I considered buying but didn''t. It was 18 carat gold and total weight was 0.89 carat, if I remember correctly the centre stone which is the largest was 0.16 carat. It looked big for the weight of the diamonds. I think the other diamonds were 0.11 and less.

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/28/2006 10:47:59 AM
Author: Pyramid
The ring I posted was one I considered buying but didn''t. It was 18 carat gold and total weight was 0.89 carat, if I remember correctly the centre stone which is the largest was 0.16 carat. It looked big for the weight of the diamonds. I think the other diamonds were 0.11 and less.
Hi Pyramid!
35.gif

I would have to have bought that one... I have small hands and are very low key with my bling... This one would make a gorgeous rhr. What finger was you going to wear it on?
1.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
cnspotts, I am glad you came out of hiding to share your rings. Just beautiful. You all have beautiful marquise rings.

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Thanks lizz! I know they''re some more marquise lovers out there,,, so please ladies post your gorgeous rings!!! I can''t wait to see them,,, I must have eye candy!!!
31.gif

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!!

OEC is .99, J, SI1, with strong florescence . Side stones .25 marquise shape, VS1 - VS2, Color G-H.

Had it made to go with my mother''s wedding band that she designed and had made in the diamond district many, many years ago.

widget

Ideal_Rock
LOL Jasmine!!! I just spent forever hunting down your incredible ring to post here, and now I see you've already posted it!!
9.gif

(BTW...isn't there a picture somewhere of your marq in a plain temporary E/W setting? I couldn't find it...loved that one, too...)

I've posted this a million times before, but what-the-hey:

Light yellow/brown marquise in '20s mounting...it's a 'fat' one, and what's neat about the mounting is that the marq doesn't need protective prongs on the tips...

widget

jbmar3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results