shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your "K" colored diamonds!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Here''s 2 pics of mine. It''s a K, VS1 1.04 that I purchased from GOG. Beauitful stone. First pic shows the color. At least on my monitor and it''s a pretty good representation of what the stone looks like on cloudy days.

Second pic is was taken by my window on a sunny day.

K''s have so many different looks. All depends on the lighting.

kpend.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist was the one who inspired me to take a chance. THANK YOU!

Kpend2.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
How could I forget Coati''s K? Here it is!

coatis185kDD.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 9:01:51 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
How could I forget Coati''s K? Here it is!

thanks for putting this up, DD - this is soooooome kinda ring bling! (i cant even believe this is a K - it really defies all previous assumptions for me on what a K would look like)

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 1:46:56 PM
Author: DiamondFlame
The K color suits the antique style I wanted. Doesn''t it look like a 200 year old ring?
2.gif

Here''s the Daussi 0.42ct K/SI2 cushion in micropaved platinum setting in a rather diffused light:
That''s a lovely ring. Was the stone certified? It looks so much more yellow than most K or even L diamonds? Just wondering
33.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD it's funny you posted that quote from me because I remember like 2 years ago I mentioned something like that to someone in the industry and they didn't think that it would happen.I was like well look at J's. And yep...years later look at K's! My girlfriend has a beautiful K stone in her Ritani setting (I posted it on PS), and I am trying to remember what my .75 pendant is, I almost want to say it was a K ACA... I can't even remember how sad is that.

The funniest thing is that my 2.32 is a J and I swear to god 3/4 of the people who see it think it is a D or E. I am not joking...!!! Its so funny because now I just laugh and go oh it's (+1 color grade whatever they thought) and they always say OMG its so white. I don't even bother with 'it's a well cut J which makes it look blah blah' because no one cares and it's not like I am going to sway anyone into changing their mind on color within a 1 minute interaction. They really just want to compliment my ring. But yeah. I get 'Is it a D' ALL THE TIME. Hilarious.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks sunkist and DD! DD~Are you going to get the K?

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, that is funny about what you tell people.

And yes, your pendant is a K! I remember bc you had a "Kristmas" thread.
1.gif

I want a lower cut stone, so I am watching this thread to get my fix!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 1:01:13 PM
Author: Mara
DD it''s funny you posted that quote from me because I remember like 2 years ago I mentioned something like that to someone in the industry and they didn''t think that it would happen.I was like well look at J''s. And yep...years later look at K''s! My girlfriend has a beautiful K stone in her Ritani setting (I posted it on PS), and I am trying to remember what my .75 pendant is, I almost want to say it was a K ACA... I can''t even remember how sad is that.

The funniest thing is that my 2.32 is a J and I swear to god 3/4 of the people who see it think it is a D or E. I am not joking...!!! Its so funny because now I just laugh and go oh it''s (+1 color grade whatever they thought) and they always say OMG its so white. I don''t even bother with ''it''s a well cut J which makes it look blah blah'' because no one cares and it''s not like I am going to sway anyone into changing their mind on color within a 1 minute interaction. They really just want to compliment my ring. But yeah. I get ''Is it a D'' ALL THE TIME. Hilarious.
I think your prediction was right on the money, you aren''t PS queen for nothing Mara
3.gif
I noticed that on GOG they are also carrying even lower colors now that they were not a year ago, and of course, infinity has been cutting lower colors for a while now. We still don''t see tonnes of these diamonds on PS, but I would love to see a graph based on SMTR of how many rings each week are of which colors. Maybe I will do that when I am bored one day at home with the sleeping baby!

And that''s really funny about people''s comments and totally confirms my belief that much of the aversion people have about color is NOT about the actual appearance of the diamonds, but rather is about the social stigma created by the diamond industry. In person, people see a gorgeous diamond and assume it appears so "high quality" based on the only variables they know about, maybe clarity or color!

Yes, it is true, lower colored rough is *gasp* more common in the earth, and at least partially in reflection of this they are lower in price. Dare I say it, they are also less "exclusive" because they are more plentiful. But if we don''t care about those status/rarity aspects of the diamonds "value" and focus on appearance only, then I am very hard pressed to find a reason to avoid the lower colors. Yet the marketing has been very good within the industry. I am amazed at the total and complete distaste so many people have for lower colored stones, even people who should know better. They get a real "yuck" look on their faces when they hear it! At the same time, these same people know nothing about cut.
20.gif
Go figure.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 1:19:25 PM
Author: Burk
Yes
36.gif
I am too excited. Step one on my road to a nice sizable rock!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
oh good grief...I mean Lower COLOR old CUT. I wouldnt have spent 2 years on PS to want a lower cut stone!
3.gif
20.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 2:03:34 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Date: 4/15/2009 1:19:25 PM

Author: Burk

Yes
36.gif
I am too excited. Step one on my road to a nice sizable rock!

Oh yay!!!
36.gif
I can''t wait to see it!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
How exciting, DD!!! Cant wait to see your new ring!!! How are you setting it? Are you going with the JM?
31.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 4:00:18 PM
Author: Dani
How exciting, DD!!! Cant wait to see your new ring!!! How are you setting it? Are you going with the JM?
31.gif
I am excited too! No, it is going into my present legato sleek line, they just need to change the head. I can''t afford an upgrade AND a new setting! Plus, I will probably upgrade again in a year so why bother
11.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

dreamer_dachsie, it's so exciting that you're going to get the K! It will look fabulous in your Legato setting.

I actually owned that K before, and it was stunning. It's the diamond on the right in this photo, but these are both K diamonds.

idealKs.jpg

And this is another K in a pendant.

three-prong%20martini%20pendant%2023.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Kim, I totally
30.gif
the colours showing in that photo of your Ks! The warmth really changes the nature of the light return, doesn''t it? Dreamy.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
ZOMG Coati''s is a K!?

That''s it, I''m sold. I''m no longer nervous about the K I''m ordering tomorrow.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous creamy whites. I think they''re lovely! What is in the works, dd??

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I just LOVE warmer colored diamonds.
They have such a unique personality all their own.
So different than the colorless spectrum (D/E/F/G).
Great pictures ladies!
You can just "feel" the romance these lower colored diamonds radiate.
Great thread!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

KimN I didn''t read your post carefully earlier... are you saying that the diamond on the right n the picture you posted is the one I am going to get?? (seen here: http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-78266.htm) The one I circled with a BIG red circle below?? How awesome is that! So tell me: Did you love it? Was it really eye-clean? Do you have any more photos? Enquiring minds want to know!
34.gif

Icekid Upgrade baby! .80ct J to a 1.17ct K!!

kimNksDD.jpg

memsy

Rough_Rock
Loving this thread!! Here''s mine.. (appraised at "J-K")

eset9761.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ryui14''s 1.6ck L
30.gif

ryuo141.6ctL.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ringplease''s 1.45ct K

ringplease145K.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you tell my baby is sleeping
2.gif
PS time!

Lynn B''s .75ct K studs! I am loving the warmth in these K rocks, let me tell you! Delish!

LynnBs75studsK.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
lvnut''s 4.19ct K halo. Woot!

lvnutK.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara''s killer K pendant, .78ct.

And her puppy, couldn''t resist that shot!

maraKpendant.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 8:32:25 AM
Author: elle_chris
Sunkist was the one who inspired me to take a chance. THANK YOU!

Hi Elle
1.gif
Aww, you''re welcome
9.gif
Your K is beautiful!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results