shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your diamond and sapphire bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

autumnlala

Rough_Rock
I am a September baby and would like to use sapphire in my wedding band. Please show me pics, I''d especially like to see them on the hand with your engagement ring. My e-ring will be a marquise, set east-west, with a halo, band is ~ 3 mm with diamonds (no sapphires) going down the sides and milgrain edge.

Thanks!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
First, I have to say I can''t WAIT to see your E/W marquise!! It''s one of my favorite looks!

Second, I also wanted a sapphire band mixed in with my set because we were married in September. I coudn''t decide if I wanted a sapphire eternity OR diamonds and sapphires, but after trying on every option under the sun and even buying fake diamond and sapphire bands, I decided to go with just sapphires. I am actually buying a diamond and sapphire band anyway, to stack with my other rings. I''m in the midst of a stacking obsession right now.

Anyway, here is the thread to my sapphire ring. I gathered a whole lotta info from PS before getting this one--there are many threads on these types of bands.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-sapphire-eternity-band-using-as-spacer.81955/

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
This is my sapphire and diamond ring. It holds 22 small diamonds and 22 sapphires. There is milgraining all around and a leaf pattern embossed on both sides it is 2.2mm wide and size 7.5. I wear it with my sapphire solitaire in a Mark Morrell platinum setting.

sapphireavatar.JPG

autumnlala

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much! I had done some searching but hadn''t found those threads, hugely helpful!!! One of my favorites is the Tiffany Swing:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP00905&mcat=148206&cid=288201&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+288201-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+&assortmentid=101

But I would want 3/4 eternity max, probably more like 1/2 way, so I''d have the jeweler who''s doing my custom e-ring do something similar, with marquise diamonds instead of the two little diamonds in a marquise shape. Of course, I''ll want to try on many options once I have the e-ring on my finger, hopefully in a few weeks!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2008 8:41:59 AM
Author: Upgradable
This is my sapphire and diamond ring. It holds 22 small diamonds and 22 sapphires. There is milgraining all around and a leaf pattern embossed on both sides it is 2.2mm wide and size 7.5. I wear it with my sapphire solitaire in a Mark Morrell platinum setting.
Upgradable - i love that set and i don''t think i''ve seen it before (although i haven''t been here all that long). i am so glad you posted it, because i''ve often wondered what that combo would look like - by far one of my favorite sets on here!

30.gif
36.gif
35.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I really like the swing ring, too. I''ve had my eye on the overstock.com version because it''s only $320. I''ll attach a pic. I love the idea of having marquis shaped diamonds instead of rounds in a marquis shape. It would look great with your e/w e-ring!

ovrstck11.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
The reason I''m waiting to buy the other ring is because I really have my eye on this ring--it''s only $290, but it only comes in a size 7. I''m hoping more will come in--anyway, I thought I''d toss it out there as an option.

ovrstck12.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t find any pics of it on my hand, but this is my platinum/sapphire/diamond band.

original.aspx

autumnlala

Rough_Rock
Yours are all so lovely, I particularly like the ones with different shaped sapphires and diamonds, yummy! I''ll definitely have to do some looking to make sure I get those bright blue stones like you all have :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results