shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your "boxster" rings :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cindylouwho

Rough_Rock
I''m new here and am looking for pics of "boxster" rings...they are somewhat vintage looking with the center stone surrounded by small diamonds. If you''ve got any pics or know where I can check them out, please let me know. Thanks !

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Could itbe possible that you are thinking of halo rings as well? I am not sure what you are looking for so I cannot post anything too you. Prhaps more details will help you find what you are looking for.

cindylouwho

Rough_Rock
THey may be called halo..I am not sure. I believe Michael B has one in the Trois collection. I have a princess cut diamond, and I have seen settings where there is a very thin pave band and then a square of pave diamonds in the center with a place for the center stone to sit.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
cindylouwho, you are in good company--there are a lot of us on here who love the boxter/halo/ballerina-head/pave sort of settings. Searches for Leon Mege, Daniel K, Ritani endless love, Tiffany legacy will all bring up some pictures.

Three PS users who have Leon Mege rings with similar features to what you describe are Lovey, Cute300xigirl, and Reena.....if you use the search function above, you can check out all the eye candy! Also chellebelle''s Ritani! (There are more, I''m sure, but those come to mind...)

In the meantime, here''s one for you:

loveysring123.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh Ohhhh Ohhhh Where did you get that one!!!

BEAUTIFUL
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2005 7:35
6.gif
4 PM
Author: MINE!!
Ohhh Ohhhh Ohhhh Where did you get that one!!!

BEAUTIFUL
36.gif
36.gif
LOL, it''s Lovey''s ring from Leon Mege!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I thought you would, Lovey
2.gif
I should have credited it to you (though your name was in the filename!)

Jessesgirl, I''m glad you posted yours--I remembered your ring, but not your user name!

mamchris

Rough_Rock
Blue Roses,
I love that ring!!!! I can tell it is Leon's by the claw prongs. It is beautiful! But, I am a little confused is it yours? Do you have any specs. I too am looking for a halo ring but for a round stone. I love this thread, seeing all the pretty designs. It is taking me forever to decide if I should upgrade my 1 ct or just remount into a setting similar to yours.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everytime I see Loveys ring my heart does a little pitter-patter...that beautiful stone and that fabulous setting...ahh ahh...RHR RHR!!

DCD (
www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com) has their new line of micropave halo rings for all types of stone shapes...love it!! It''s definitely the next trend!

For the true vintage look and some probably are even actually vintage..check out www.faycullen.com for her art deco rings...I love the sapphire baguette halos with the diamond in the center and those delicate looking winged shoulders, beautiful!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is the sapphire baguette one...yum!

art deco sapphire a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and the side profile..i love how delicate the shank looks and the bottom of the head detail...so unique looking!

side profile 2.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
mamchris, I should BE so lucky!! No, that dreamy piece of heaven is "The Lovey"....check out the link that FireGoddess posted which is Lovey''s original engagement thread w/ a bunch of wonderful pics and specs. It''s a KNOCKOUT!!

You should also check out Cute300xigirl''s.....her thread in SMTR is entitled "he was so cute about it".....hers is also a stunning Leon Mege with a ROUND in an octagonal "floating" halo....so that might provide some inspiration since you have a round!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here is another one from FC...to me this is the original art deco halo look, again with the delicate shoulders and shank...beautiful!

original art deco a.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I LOVE that one.....that's the 2.94ct M, right?
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
DROOOOOLLLL!!

(eta, I LOVE that one w/ the sapph halo as well!)

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Here is my "halo/Pave''" ring, although it doesn''t compare to Leon''s creations I love it and it is a different take on the "halo" look.
Lisa

DSC01231_3.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the etymon of a "boxster" ring?

Deb

PS-I acquired an inexpensive one in topaz during my recent trip to Connecticut. I will post a photo once I take one.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2005 3:15:11 PM
Author:cindylouwho
I'm new here and am looking for pics of 'boxster' rings...they are somewhat vintage looking with the center stone surrounded by small diamonds. If you've got any pics or know where I can check them out, please let me know. Thanks !

Cindylouwho~
Hi and welcome to PS!
35.gif
My Ritani e-ring fits this description... you should check out the Ritani website for more ideas. The bezel and band are very thin and the micropave is super tiny. I'm not sure if you like "thin", but here is a pic of my ring to give you an idea of what it looks like.
1.gif

P.S. Like everyone else, I also suggest looking at Leon Mege's website (www.artofplatinum.com). All his stuff is TO DIE FOR. Also, if you check out the "Leon Mege" thread, you can view everyone's seriously gorgeous eye candy.
30.gif

ringpetals2.jpg

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Just realized that you said you have a princess cut! Here are some Ritani rings with a square center...

The metal around the center stone isn''t as thick as it shows in this picture (I''ve tried it on before).
2.gif

ritaniprincess.jpg

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the multiple posts... I have yet to learn how to put all the pics in one post! This is an asscher, but it gives you an idea...

ritani3.jpg

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Ok, last one for now! Love this one... I really like this ring because the split shank makes it a little different. Plus it''s gorgeous!

ritanisplitshank.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I''m fixated on split shanks! Love it!
30.gif

DiamondLil

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realized that my topaz ring is *NOT* a halo ring since it has no diamond "halo"! Nonetheless, it has the feel to me of a "halo" ring. I admit that it does not come close to any of the gorgeous diamond rings above, but here it is. I also have earrings to match.

BTW, did anyone ever explain the term "boxster"?

Deborah

agbftopring.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results