shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your "boxster" rings :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm, well, I always thought that "boxter" rings were the types of rings with pave surrounding the center stone. I think "halo" rings fall into this category, but I could be wrong. I was browsing through a wedding magazaine, and they had a one page spread on "Boxter Rings". They all had pave framing the center and most had that antiquey, vintage style. I''m not sure though... someone please correct me if I''m wrong!
40.gif

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Jessesgrl, Carl Blackburn is one of my faves~!
emteeth.gif
Your is lovely.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2005 5:44:11 PM
Author: AGBF

BTW, did anyone ever explain the term ''boxster''?
I only found it used on NiceIce.com

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
I replied earlier to the "What is a boxter ring?" question, but I decided to scan the article I was talking about and post it. It defines what a "boxter" ring is and has some examples of ones as well. I believe "boxter" is a style of ring with smaller diamonds surrounding the center stone. Most look "antiquey" or art deco. This was a one page article, but I had to crop it into half because the file was too big. Hope you all can read it and that it helps all those who were wondering what a "boxter ring" is.
1.gif
(Oh and this is from an InStyle Weddings magazine.)

Here is the article...

BoxterArticle.JPG

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
And here is the right side of the page...

BoxterRings.JPG

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
AHHHH Chellebelle!

I''ve said it a million times and I''ll say it again.. I LOVE YOUR RING!!!! It''s SOOO wonderful.
30.gif

Jesse''sGrl--
We are totally hand twins. I was looking at the picture you posted and I could have sworn I was looking at my own hand. Even the shape of the nails and stuff. weird! (but I just had to mention it!)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting that chelle---I have the same article at home and meant to scan it but couldn''t do it at work...
emembarrassed.gif
!!

It seems like boxter and halo rings are really for all intents and purposes the same thing.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The topaz ring I just bought, although it has no "halo" or "box" of diamonds around the center stone *does* have something else the above article refers to. It was that which made me associate it with the now fashionable "boxter" or "halo" rings.

The article says that the look "almost always extends to the band, where designers offer...a slender line of gems...." My topaz ring has such a band.

This look was not fashionable until quite recently and so, indeed, it *did* conjure up pictures of days gone by when I started to see these rings on modern women.

Deb

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Long skinny piano hands! What size ring are you?

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
snow_happy~
Thanks so much! You''re so sweet! And your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!! So delicate and feminine. Are you practicing taking pics? Because I haven''t seen any new pics lately in your thread! Believe me, I''ve been checking up on you! hehe
9.gif
More pics!!!

FireGoddess~
I agree. I think boxter and halo are pretty much the same thing. "Box" of diamonds, "halo" of diamonds... they both frame the center stone in some way! I love this style... from the simple halo around the center, to the full blown antique/vintage rings. (I think you do too! Gorgeous pear in a gorgeous halo, anyone?
2.gif
) Speaking of which, I am crossing my fingers for you! The final product better be PERFECT. You deserve it after all you''ve been through.
20.gif

chelle

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
JessesGrl--
6.gif
I played piano for my entire childhood!!!

I'm currently having my ring re-sized to 4 3/4! What size are your fingers?

chellebelle--
OUR rings are fabulous! hehe
2.gif
I haven't had time to take more pictures although I *do* have some free time tonight!!! I'll post them if they come out remotely as nice as yours.
5.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
To the original poster of this thread..
3.gif
There are also the octagonal halos around round brilliants (but could probably be done with a princess cut as well?) as seen in cute330xigirl''s ring from the infamous Leon Mege.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Interesting new name. I thought it was just a plain ol pave bezel!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/31/2005 5:18:18 PM
Author: moremoremore
Interesting new name. I thought it was just a plain ol pave bezel!
mmm~
I always thought it was just "pave bezel" too! And you don't have to wonder what that term means! Pretty self explanatory!
2.gif
I've actually only heard the term "boxter" till recently. When I was shopping for my e-ring, I used the term "pave bezel". (And I still do!)
5.gif

Edited to add: I *think* boxter includes non-pave bezels too... like the bottom asscher ring in the article and the gorgeous Fay Cullen diamond and sapphire one that Mara posted.
30.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
side note about earlier post...
As soon as I got myself all excited to take pictures of the ring tonight I realized that it''s being re-sized and I won''t have it until tomorrow afternoon...then I''ll be gone for the weekend! eek! I''ll get around to taking new pictures eventually.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/28/2005 1:37:41 AM
Author: Mara
here is the sapphire baguette one...yum!

who makes this ring? where did you find this pic?
35.gif
20.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2006 9:13:25 PM
Author: nejarb

Date: 3/28/2005 1:37:41 AM
Author: Mara
here is the sapphire baguette one...yum!

who makes this ring? where did you find this pic?
35.gif
20.gif
that ring was from fay cullen (www.faycullen.com) ... i think they sell the setting for your own stone or you can buy a ready made one from them. that is one of my fave settings. hope this helps!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I am not sure if this is considered boxster, but I absoluteky lvoe this one.

halovividyellow.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
And here it is with a blue diamond...
18.gif

blue_halo.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
A picture on the finger.
30.gif

halo vivid yellow.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
My 1.08 cushion cut.

closeup sunset 2.jpg

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
butterfly...were is that ring from??? I would love that for my lavendar spinel!!!!
the halo is exactly what I am looking for!

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my "boxter" square radiant.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Butterfly! Wow on the yellow and blue diamonds!

Those are amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results