shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your BEST purchase since finding PS!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
What has been your BEST purchase since finding PS? Your most researched, no regrets, wear all the time pieces....

Hands down my BEST purchase are my BGD studs. They are just about 1.6ctw. I started with a pair that was around 1.2ctw and upgraded them to the 1.6ctw and I just love the size! Wear them every day!

I also adore my 1.5ctw BGD bracelet. It is very sentimental as it was a push present for my first baby boy! I don't wear it as often as I'd like currently with my toddler being the messy little man that he is, but it is just gorgeous!

er1124.jpg

er1423.jpg

5bracering.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.43ct G SI1 AVC in JbEG modified Julia setting :love: :love: :love:

img_3936.jpg

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a new e-ring for our 27th anniversary. I got the diamond from a private seller and thanks to PS I knew what I was looking for. BN Signature 2.1ct AGS000 D SI1. I still can't get a good photo of the hearts and arrows :nono:

img_4438_0.jpg

img_4441.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My best, most educated purchase was my engagement ring stone that a bajillion PSers and GOG's Jonathan helped me pick out.

megascope.jpg

Which resulted in this ring:

img_3638.jpg

It's one of the most beautiful old cut diamonds I've ever seen. I love many things I've purchased, but I'm guessing this is where finding PS really helped me-- on my most expensive purchase! It would've been messed up to have screwed up an almost 4 ct purchase!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without Pricescope, I would not have found Rob Van Beurden and Diamond House in Antwerp, and got myself this lovely ring as a 40th birthday present to myself nearly 10 years ago:

largeeconfinger.jpg

It is supposed to fit my right hand middle finger, however, I have put on weight since, hence I am wearing it on my RH ring finger instead.

DK :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I have made some great purchases since joining PriceScope, and I am extremely thankful to have pieces that will be handed down as heirlooms. But the thing that brought me here was the search for a new e-ring for an anniversary, and that diamond evolved into the diamond ring I wear today...a 2.29 AVR from Good Old Gold. Never would I have this diamond had it not been for PS and Jon at GOG!

img_3942.jpg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It won't come as a surprise to anyone that my best purchase since finding PS is my 1.89ct K SI1 Early Ideal Cut in a vintage, period appropriate, die struck filigree platinum mount.

greorge1_033.jpg

I have had this ring for almost two years now, which is the longest I have ever had a ring since joining PS. And I love it completely in every way. When I joined PS six years ago I really coveted diamonds in the size (or maybe a little bigger :devil: ) that were unique and orginal, and especially old cuts like FacetFire's beautiful OEC -- one of the first on PS. And now I have one. Its a dream come true. I found my ring on ebay, and that is something I was only able to do because of the knowledge I gained on PS participating in RT, and from the diamond friends I have met on PS.

If I had not found PS, then there is absolutely no way I would have this ring, which is my most prized, loved, significant, symbolic, and adored possession.

anners11

Rough_Rock
Without question it's my two old cut rings. Without pricescope I never would have known what an "old cut" was and never would have found these two. I love my antique oval for its uniqueness and for its amazing finger coverage and "bling" factor. My ST OEC is just a really pretty diamond and has lots of character that I could look at all day.

close_up.jpg

_4595.jpgsunny_oval_0.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I swoon every time I see a trellis setting, and I first saw one when I was looking at engagement rings. WF made my ring which was inspired by a sapphire and diamond engagement ring that I saw on Knox's site. My ring has all diamonds though (RB center with pear sides).

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mine probably is my diamond eternity ring, which if it were not for PS, I would not have found the knowledge to understand what to look for nor where to purchase it.

I do have one other purchase, again, if it were not for PS & community, I certainly never would have had the opportunity to purchase: an OEC purchased from Dreamer that I now wear as a necklace, I love it!! :love: :love: I don't have a photo worth posting tho, :oops:

_15659.jpg

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks to PS, I have learned so much about old cuts. And because of that, I never would have found my dream OEC, 1.64 ct. GIA J/VS1 in a Verragio setting.

_15661.jpg

_15662.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My current ER, of course! :))

img_5307_-_version_0.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have made many great purchases since finding PS. Or maybe they aren't so great because I would have made far less purchases without PS. However, without a doubt, my best purchase is my current OEC.

charmypoo-9mm-sm-oec2.jpg

charmypoo-9mmoec-19.jpg

pattern_0.jpg

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
sorry to hijack the beautiful photo thread but CharmyPoo, your rings are such a dream!! and I don't even really like diamonds!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo|1394411705|3630731 said:
... without a doubt, my best purchase is my current OEC.

Charmy - is that the same stone in different settings? Which one is it currently in? I love it! :love:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
ecf8503|1394413608|3630756 said:
CharmyPoo|1394411705|3630731 said:
... without a doubt, my best purchase is my current OEC.

Charmy - is that the same stone in different settings? Which one is it currently in? I love it! :love:

Same stone, chip fixed and different setting. It's in the last setting now.

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
My Leon Mege 2ct OMB with french cut sides. Wintotty's ring was the inspiration and I thank her and Pricescope.

img_3945.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Platinum and diamond Soleste inspired halo e-ring. So much finger coverage and a great price. $3900! I lurve it and I've never gotten DSS.

picture_022.jpg

picture_7.jpg

bibs

Rough_Rock
My….. 1.01 M OEC from Jbeg in a vintage setting also from Jbeg

_11310.jpg

img_0321.jpg

_11312.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 1.96 OEC from JbEG in a Simon G setting that some great folks on PS helped me pick out.

img_3948.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kathley|1394387737|3630542 said:
Thanks to PS, I have learned so much about old cuts. And because of that, I never would have found my dream OEC, 1.64 ct. GIA J/VS1 in a Verragio setting.

You reset your ring!!! It is beautiful but I really loved the last setting it was in! Why did you decide to change it?

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1394422356|3630828 said:
kathley|1394387737|3630542 said:

You reset your ring!!! It is beautiful but I really loved the last setting it was in! Why did you decide to change it?

Thank you, diamondseeker! My last setting was made by my boss who made jewelry for a hobby. However, I just lost my job around Thanksgiving due to cutbacks; so that ring was the last thing I wanted to wear! I have always been drawn to this Verragio setting, and since it is our 30th wedding anniversary, it was the perfect time. 8)

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love seeing all of your pretties and hearing your stories! Without PS, I still would have enjoyed jewelry but now I just feel more confident in my purchases and have learned to wait and research what I want so that I can feel really good after the purchase is made!

Dreamer, I am so happy to hear that you are still enjoying your lovely ring! Hope you and your boys are doing well!

Laila, where did you get that soleste-esque? Was it Blue Nile? I think I remember that. I plan on doing one with a cushion sometime real soon! I was going to do it this month but we just bought a new car, so my plan is on hold.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love my e-rings. I'm spoiled and have two e-rings that were a direct result of PS. I love both of them and could never have anything as nice, especially for the money I spent, from anywhere local.

The OEC and setting came from JbEG. I get compliments on it all the time. sam_0396.jpg

I bought my spinel from a fellow PSer and had it set by BGD. It blings my eyes out.
dsc00205.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two loves...

My BGB from JbEG... preloved by a fabulous PS'er....

and...

My EC from DBL.. I love it... it makes me smile..

img_3953.jpg

img_3957.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizzyann|1394462768|3631008 said:
Laila, where did you get that soleste-esque? Was it Blue Nile? I think I remember that. I plan on doing one with a cushion sometime real soon! I was going to do it this month but we just bought a new car, so my plan is on hold.

Yes, Blue Nile,the Duet halo. I think it's a great replica. They have a cushion-shaped one too. I wanted to buy something I could return if I had to, so I did not want to go custom.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results