shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your BEFORE & AFTER shots (halos, upgrades, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Ok, at the risk of duplicating several existing threads, I was inspired by lmurden''s AMAZING new setting to start this topic.

We''ve seen several incredible transformations on PS--new settings (like halos...) that make an existing stone look HUGE, sparkly, gorgeous, etc... Treysar, hopfulheidi, lmurden all come to mind.

So gals and guys, if you have a diamond EXTREME MAKEOVER, here''s a place to post the before and after shots so that I may drool with reckless abandon. Thanks!!
31.gif
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am actually working on a collage chronicling the beginning of my upgrade (rb stone) to the final pear halo for the upgrade thread, but for this thread, I think this one picture will do...halo vs no halo for my pear.

halovsnohalo.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, Firegoddess, how could I forget your pear!!!!

Yours has such a great story too b/c--aside from the RB beginning, the pear''s whole before, DURING (big chunky halo), and after (perfection!!)!! Thanks for posting!!

Who else have I spaced out on? Post away!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I posted this recently in the bezel thread, but here is my old one carat diamond in its original yellow gold bypass setting and again after I had it reset in a platinum setting with straight bezels. I think the bezels make the stone look larger. I finally figured out how to merge the two photos - yeah! This is a cool thread - great resets and upgrades ladies!!!

suemergetwo.JPG

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I wish I knew how to put them side by side.

Here is my pear in it''s yellow gold solitaire -- kind of blah.
20.gif

pearsolitaire01.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
And in its final home, my halo.

pearhalo01.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondlil,
I just love your pear. I am lucky enought to have seen it in person. It''s a wow!!!!! I love your halo setting!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine!

treysarsringb4nftr.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2005 7:27:45 PM
Author: treysar
Here's mine!
That's one of the best picture examples of what a halo can do!
36.gif

On that same note, my mom, upon seeing my new setting for the first time, said, "Oh, did you do that to make the stone look bigger?" As if a 1.5 ct stone NEEDED a halo to look bigger? That was not the reason I chose a halo setting...that it does make it seem larger is just an added perk.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh. It''s amazing with all these halos what a difference it makes. I''m so glad I got one. I was actually thinking about a split shank type setting with my pear prong-set (no halo), but then I decided to go for bling, and WOW, it''s some bling now!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks - and i know that it''s a true to size pic because I just places them both on the scanner!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2005 5:18:34 PM
Author: diamondlil
And in its final home, my halo.
This is such an exquisite photo--the pink of the rose is the most beautiful hue and complements that elegant, incredible ring perfectly.

ETA: The halos are all so pretty-and the transformations in terms of the rings having totally new looks is amazing!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Jennifer. I don''t know who was first here at PS to post a ring picture in a flower, but what a great idea it was. When I got my pink roses (my favorite color) for my anniversary, I decided to give it a try.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MAN! Awesome!

LMurden your new ring is just beautiful!
30.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Those are all so beautiful. You are so lucky to have such amazing rings.

Treysar, what are the size of your points in your halo? It is the question I have asked everyone, and I love your ring!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Treysar - Wow, fabulous before and after shot! Love that setting!

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
This is such a great topic, I think I would have been disappointed if I hadn''t gone with a halo from the start because I must confess that after I found out about RBs looking bigger than fancy cuts, and seeing some before and after shots I knew the halo would make the diamond look bigger and that''s what I wanted, even though it''s a 1.45. The only thing that is kind of a downer with a halo ring is you can''t really upgrade it without some serious work and my setting was more than half the price of my stone. I''d probably just wear it as a RHR because I tend to get sentimentally attached to things
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
This thread is just great.
I love seeing all the before and after halo shots.
too cool

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for starting this thread blue!!!

These halo upgrades just blow me away! its amazing to see the transformatin just by adding a halo around the diamond!!! i love the person who invented ''halos''!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results