shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me thicker stacks of rings!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Can you please show me your wider wedding ring stacks & let me know how comfy they are? Have you had to have rings sized bigger to accommodate stacking, and if so, does that mean you can't wear the bigger rings alone?

Here are my wedding, eternity & engagement rings. Together they are 8.75mm, are all sized the same (5.25) and often feel tight. At my daughters school sports day last week I was sat in the afternoon heat for 2 hours & my hands had swelled to the point I could actually feel the pulse in my ring finger! :o

So I often split them & my full eternity goes to my right hand.

How do you wear yours & why?

img_20150624_124751738.jpg

img_20150624_124728113.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love wide stacks. They feel hefty and substantial.

Here's my wide stack worn on the days when I need more bling to cheer me up. I didn't get enough sleep last night and the sparkle is making me feel less tired. The total width is 8mm and is very comfortable. Rings are sized differently for ease of wear. Solitaire is 4.75, spacer 5, eternity 5.5. Eternity is half size larger because it can't be resized. In the winter, it needs to be worn with another ring or it can slip off.

20150624_100435-1.jpg

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
All are so lovely! Baby monster, I am thinking about getting an eternity. What size are the diamonds in yours and who made it if I may ask? :love:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I can fit 4 on (I have three more bands that won't fit), but it ain't pretty and finger muffin top abounds.

_31421.jpg

_31422.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are gorgeous stacks, ladies!

Can anyone tell me the total mm width of all the rings on your finger at any one time? Do they get tight in the heat & is this something I'm just going to have to get used to?

Mine feel the most comfy in the order of plain wedding ring (comfort fit interior) the pear (not comfort fit) then eternity (comfort fit interior). I think this is because this way there isn't the sharp internal edge of my pear digging into the thickest part of my finger. However, they look to my eye, just wrong. The pear setting was made specifically to sit away from anything behind it to give it some identity. Wearing them this comfier way just looks like sparkle mash. I'll attach a pic for opinions....

Is it possible to have the inside of my pear bevelled a bit to make it comfort fit? Or is that playing with fire considering the trouble I have been to to get the perfect setting??

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sparkly mash up of the comfiest way to wear them. Does it cheapen them & look a bit naff??

Opinions?

img_20150624_183745841.jpg

img_20150624_183756259.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's one I rock sometimes when my finger is too skinny

I do think it's comfy.

img_20150624_172333.jpg

imag4673_1.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilysweet|1435164697|3893568 said:
All are so lovely! Baby monster, I am thinking about getting an eternity. What size are the diamonds in yours and who made it if I may ask? :love:
Stones are 16 points each. Made by Facets. It's not as popular as some other PS vendors but they produce high quality jewelry.

blushbliss

Shiny_Rock
My ring size is 5.5 but I get all of my rings in a 5.75 to account for swelling and stacking :)

pinkhalopinkcurtains.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1435181100|3893775 said:

I do think it's comfy.

If you don'g mind sharing, where did you get your YG twist band? I love it!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CRYSTAL24K|1435196495|3893859 said:
Niel|1435181100|3893775 said:

I do think it's comfy.

If you don'g mind sharing, where did you get your YG twist band? I love it!
Tiffany's

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. I thought that it was the Tiffany Twist. It is just perfect! Gorgeous stack! :love:

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Hi Alex T, I like your e-ring worn both ways. I personally like changing up bands or creating different styles, basically just playing with jewelry :D

I get my rings bigger so I am not really the full size of my ring, but to account changing from left to right hand, swelling in heat, or hormones, knuckles. Anyways, mine are about 1/2size if not more because in winter if i am not careful could fall off, but I got bands for that.

the attach pic as my 5 stone I believe 3.2mm, light pink diamond pave 1.9mm, and single prong 2mm on my left hand.

img_8408.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great advice & lovely pics everyone. Keep the information & ideas coming!

My mother has a really wide wedding band (8mm) that was popular in the 60's. She is small & has short fingers, so there is now a serious groove on her finger some 50 years later. She says hers felt tight for the first few years, especially in the heat, but then it literally found its groove & she hasn't felt it's presence for the best part of 40 years. She thinks I should persevere with the stack & not obsess about how it feels, which is what I do as I'm super sensitive about my hands ::)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1435221207|3893993 said:
Great advice & lovely pics everyone. Keep the information & ideas coming!

My mother has a really wide wedding band (8mm) that was popular in the 60's. She is small & has short fingers, so there is now a serious groove on her finger some 50 years later. She says hers felt tight for the first few years, especially in the heat, but then it literally found its groove & she hasn't felt it's presence for the best part of 40 years. She thinks I should persevere with the stack & not obsess about how it feels, which is what I do as I'm super sensitive about my hands ::)

If it bothers you then have a ring or two resized. No need to cut off circulation!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mix up my white bands and stack with rose and yellow. I like playing around with them all.

_31475.jpg

_31476.jpg

_31477.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire|1435362880|3894988 said:
Wow gorgeous stacks Lookinagain, all of them!!

Thank you! I'm really enjoying re-purposing some old pieces that have been stashed away. David Klass made me the small rose gold solitaire and the yellow gold diamond band recently from pieces that were randomly purchased or gifted to me. I'm very happy with them and really do enjoy mixing up the bands and metal colors.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredibly comfortable. My ring size is 4.5 - the two with diamonds are 4.5s, and the plain band is a 5, simply because that was the smallest size the place I ordered it from online carried. I can wear the plain band alone just fine, or all of them together, or any combination. They never feel tight. I usually wear all three together or just the plain one. My knuckle looks squishy like that whether my rings are on or off - look at my middle finger knuckle for comparison. I find wider bands and wider stacks more comfortable than narrower ones. But I also just like the knuckle-to-knuckle bling look.

img_7666.jpg

image__7_.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings Distracts! I absolutely love that colour!

You particular pictures have inspired me to keep persevering with them together, as usually this is the same order I wear mine in. Yours look substantially thicker though! How wide are they, just for reference?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are STUNNING stacks!

I am loving everyone's stacks and envious of how much finger space you all have. I like Lookinagain's idea of re purposing jewelry and was inspired to try a stack. I admit it's not thick but I just don't have much finger real estate. :lol:

gold_stack_after_cleaning_inside_by_window.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love seeing all of your beautiful stacks of rings. I hate them on me though. I have a few bands that I swap out and I find I like thinner bands overall. My ering is 3mm and I like bands about that same size. I have a 4mm band and a 4.2mm band and while I like them with my ering I don't think they look as well as the thinner bands.

I have all of my rings sized 1/2 size too big because my fingers definitely change size in the summer.

Here is my ering with either current or past bands. They rings are a size 7 and the diamond is 1.52 carats.

Top Left is a .55 ctw channel set band with .05 stones that is about 4.2mm. The middle picture is a sapphire / diamond band that is about 2.7 mm. The upper right was a .44 ctw band with .03 stones and was 3mm. I liked it the best with my ering but when I had the jeweler size it from 6.5 to 7 they made it a 3.5 and trust me it never looked right again after they sized it back up. The bottom left is a 4mm scattered diamond band and the bottom right I no longer have it is the 3mm scattered diamond band from Whiteflash. WF made my ering out of their 3mm scattered diamond band.

_366.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Marcy for the pictures & mm measurements :wavey:

Do you ever stack 2 of those bands with your beautiful solitaire? Do you stack bands on your right hand instead?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results