Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 4:25:28 PM
Author: coatimundi

Oh those are totally TDF!!
Yes, I meant the chased rings.
1.gif
I just adore those with smaller stones.
I love that his settings are so diverse.
For my end-all-be-all upgrade/reset of all time, I'd love a Van Craeynest!
10.gif
30.gif
9.gif

And what's even better? Hubby loves them too!
Heehee, that always helps!
5.gif

Do you think he would hubby would ever get a VC band? I always though my then hubby2B wanted a plain old plain plain band. But when I showed him a pic of the one with carved leaves similar to my rings, he just stared with a look of awe on his big brown eyes. So I decided to get it for him as a surprise
16.gif
. Thank goodness he loves it
6.gif
37.gif

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 102.09%; HEIGHT: 179px">Date: 3/19/2008 4:20:10 PM
Author: Love in Bloom

Holy cow AnitaT, that sounds like my kind of fun! LOL, that wording sounds just like Larry. I absolutely adore the language he uses when he talks about his rings. Thanks bunches for posting your pictures of those settings
10.gif

ETA: I can''t access the link from your post yesterday. Is there any way you can link it again?
Here you go: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/van-craeynest-ering-questions-need-ps-help.81075/

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 7:00:02 PM

1.gif

10.gif
30.gif
9.gif

5.gif

Do you think he would hubby would ever get a VC band? I always though my then hubby2B wanted a plain old plain plain band. But when I showed him a pic of the one with carved leaves similar to my rings, he just stared with a look of awe on his big brown eyes. So I decided to get it for him as a surprise
16.gif
6.gif
37.gif

You know? He just might! He's mister-plain-band-man right now. I have yet to show him the VC men's bands. I'm going to get right on it! I actually recently convinced him that he needed a surprise diamond, and he was all for it. I would love for us to have matching bands. He loves the VC rings, so I think he'd go for it!

I'm glad your hubby loves his ring! What a sweet surprise from you!
1.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 8:46:28 PM

Date: 3/19/2008 7:00:02 PM

1.gif

10.gif
30.gif
9.gif

5.gif

16.gif
6.gif
37.gif

You know? He just might! He's mister-plain-band-man right now. I have yet to show him the VC men's bands. I'm going to get right on it! I actually recently convinced him that he needed a surprise diamond, and he was all for it. I would love for us to have matching bands. He loves the VC rings, so I think he'd go for it!

I'm glad your hubby loves his ring! What a sweet surprise from you!
1.gif
I was really worried he wouldn't like the band because he had always looked at plain tungsten bands. I tried to keep his band a surprise until the wedding, but I realized I needed to make sure it fit his finger so I showed it to him early. Thank goodness it fit as I don't know how that ring would be sized (the design goes all the way around). VC said it was possible though.

OOoh surprise diamonds are the coolest! I was thinking about a surprise sapphhire myself. Your hubby sounds like a fun guy Coati. I really like it when DH seems interested in jewelry...makes me feel less guilty
17.gif

ETA: Oh geeze, I'm sorry about my ramblings "do you think he would hubby would ever..." I sound like cartoon piggy...Haha, That's all folks!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!! for the VC thread!!!
36.gif
LIB, great idea starting this one. VC definitely deserves its own thread and this one is totally drool-worthy. I am enjoying it, especially the colored stones in their very unique and beautiful settings.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I was really worried he wouldn''t like the band because he had always looked at plain tungsten bands. I tried to keep his band a surprise until the wedding, but I realized I needed to make sure it fit his finger so I showed it to him early. Thank goodness it fit as I don''t know how that ring would be sized (the design goes all the way around). VC said it was possible though.

OOoh surprise diamonds are the coolest! I was thinking about a surprise sapphhire myself. Your hubby sounds like a fun guy Coati. I really like it when DH seems interested in jewelry...makes me feel less guilty
17.gif

ETA: Oh geeze, I''m sorry about my ramblings ''do you think he would hubby would ever...'' I sound like cartoon piggy...Haha, That''s all folks!

Ha-HA! I like your ramblings!

Thank you, hubsly is a super fun guy! He''s so great about my recent jewelry mayhem. I know exactly what you mean about feeling less guilty when he shows interest. It just helps us out A LOT, eh?! He actually tries to convince me not to feel guilty about wanting to change things-add things etc. I''m a lucky woman!

And it sounds like you are too! He sounds really sweet!

Okay, okay, mush-mush over!
Back to Van Craeynest!
9.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 11:41:23 PM
Author: monarch64
Yay!! for the VC thread!!!
36.gif
LIB, great idea starting this one. VC definitely deserves its own thread and this one is totally drool-worthy. I am enjoying it, especially the colored stones in their very unique and beautiful settings.
Thank you much Monnie
16.gif
! I''m really glad you enjoyed the colored stones. I think they''re better than candy
31.gif
!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
This one is for you Coatimundi. It is currently my favorite image of my wedding rings. It was so incredibly sweet of you to post my set; you totally made my day!

LIBvcSet.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
LIB! You are so sweet!! I''m glad I made your day
9.gif
!

I adore that shot.
30.gif
The lighting is soft and muted, so you can really see so much detail.

thanks for posting that!

Ahhhhh Van Craeynest!

Coati
1.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Keep feeding the VC addiction, LIB!
9.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Coatimundi, i keep meaning to compliment your marquis band, but forgetting. Well, now I am going to say I ADORE it in hopes that you''ll be checking back in this thread.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 4:56:25 PM
Author: Selkie
Coatimundi, i keep meaning to compliment your marquis band, but forgetting. Well, now I am going to say I ADORE it in hopes that you''ll be checking back in this thread.

Thanks so much Selkie!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 4:32:42 PM
LIB! You are so sweet!! I''m glad I made your day
9.gif
!

I adore that shot.
30.gif
The lighting is soft and muted, so you can really see so much detail.

thanks for posting that!

Ahhhhh Van Craeynest!

Coati
1.gif
Heehee Coati, I took that picture in the bathroom while I was brushing my teeth
9.gif
. Think of a foamy-mouthed LIB tryin'' not to drool
19.gif
6.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 4:55:09 PM
Keep feeding the VC addiction, LIB!
9.gif

Who me?
17.gif

More for the mix. I love this picture! I hope Seahorsegurl doesn't mind :

flower%20pic.jpg

30.gif
1.gif
30.gif
4.gif
:

profile%20two.jpg

Link

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Mariposa's new wedding band to go with her ering. I just love the tiny flower in the middle! I believe VC was even able to repair her prongs on the ering after they were mangled by another stone setter. I think her rings look marvelous together!
4.gif
:

DSC01393.JPG

Linky
1.gif

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for posting my lovelies, LIB! I wish I could get shots like those. They just never seem to come out right.

Seahorsegurl...WOW!!! That ring is drop-dead-GORGEOUS!!! I absolutely LOVE the scroll-work.

I''m in the process of "swaying" my hubby toward a VC band. I''m not what I''d call a very matchy-matchy kind of person, but I think it would be really cool for him to have a wedding band that sort of goes with mine (at least thematically). He''s not sure though, I think he wants to get used to wearing a wedding band first as he''s afraid he might lose it.

I wish there were more real-world pictures of VC designs as I never tire of seeing them.

emrainbow.gif
Mariposa

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2008 2:13:00 PM
Author: Mariposa

I wish there were more real-world pictures of VC designs as I never tire of seeing them.

emrainbow.gif
Mariposa
I agree! They are so beautiful and well-made.
30.gif
I hope this thread continues to grow!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 9:37:16 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Well, I did not end up getting this set, but I will say that it was the most beautiful set I have ever seen. So I''ll post a couple of pictures just for future shoppers!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Please tell me more about this set.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Cross%20VC%20rings%20004a.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
This is style 484 (setting) and 584 (band) in platinum, shown with ~1.5ct center. As DS posted, there is a regular 484, a slightly larger version of 484, and the setting can also have a boxy fishtail head (called the #4) ala Seahorsegurl's beauty. I
30.gif
Love
30.gif
the scrolls and details on this set, and it makes my heart flutter everytime I see pictures of it
10.gif
!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a picture of that set from another angle, from the Cross Jewelers website:
www.crossjewelers.com

societyhill_home.jpg

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 7:10:55 PM
This is style 484 (setting) and 584 (band) in platinum, shown with ~1.5ct center. As DS posted, there is a regular 484, a slightly larger version of 484, and the setting can also have a boxy fishtail head (called the #4) ala Seahorsegurl''s beauty. I
30.gif
Love
30.gif
the scrolls and details on this set, and it makes my heart flutter everytime I see pictures of it
10.gif
!

I would have never guessed that the settings are the same. I am in love
30.gif
. Thanks for the link Selkie. Definitely gives me something to dream about at night.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Deelight - I think this is style 484 with a ruby...
30.gif

CPW3621_zoom.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
This is another shot of one I saw in person. I would probably order this ring in a narrower version. The center is thechnically a pink sapphire, but if it were a ruby or red spinel...
6.gif
3.gif

VC_visit-pinksapphire001.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Did you guys see that there''s now a pdf catalog on the VC website showing all the designs? I want to print it out and post it on our wall!
3.gif
Love In Bloom, I just showed my DH your photos of your new ring, and he was all, OOOH, that''s pretty! Well, not quite as girly as that, but he definitely liked it. He''s very into artistic details and carving, so he digs the style. So I gave him the quick 10 second run-down on VC, and reminded him that I''d shown him the 484 ring back when we were looking and he''d liked it then.
11.gif
Just setting the stage...

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2008 1:52:19 PM
30.gif

OMG AGREE I think I saw that on on the website with a red stone of some sort I almost had a conniption :)

Date: 4/12/2008 12:22:26 PM
Author: Love in bloom
Deelight - I think this is style 484 with a ruby.

That just makes my heart sing and my BF cringe :razz: hehehehe the sweet boy promised to get me (though now he keeps telling me he will try) to buy me one of every pretty I like...the list keeps growing poor bugger will end up broke :p

ETA I definitely prefer stone bezeled :)

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2008 1:52:19 PM
30.gif

vclove11.jpg
OMG Coatimundi, you are just too funny!
9.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 12:25:20 AM
Did you guys see that there's now a pdf catalog on the VC website showing all the designs? I want to print it out and post it on our wall!
3.gif
Love In Bloom, I just showed my DH your photos of your new ring, and he was all, OOOH, that's pretty! Well, not quite as girly as that, but he definitely liked it. He's very into artistic details and carving, so he digs the style. So I gave him the quick 10 second run-down on VC, and reminded him that I'd shown him the 484 ring back when we were looking and he'd liked it then.
11.gif
Just setting the stage...
Haha Selkie, I know what you mean about putting pics on the wall...I saved all of the pictures from their website and put them into a special folder...now I have a slideshow of Van Craeynest rings as my screensaver!
20.gif
9.gif

Are you perhaps setting the stage to mounting one of your fabulous gemstones??
31.gif
17.gif
31.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 4:13:35 AM
Author: Deelight

OMG AGREE I think I saw that on on the website with a red stone of some sort I almost had a conniption :)

That just makes my heart sing and my BF cringe :razz: hehehehe the sweet boy promised to get me (though now he keeps telling me he will try) to buy me one of every pretty I like...the list keeps growing poor bugger will end up broke :p

Deelight, your boyfriend does sound very sweet! I would try and hide that list from him and only show him a few sections at a time...mostly just when has been bad
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2008 8:15:18 AM
Date: 4/14/2008 4:13:35 AM

Author: Deelight

Deelight, your boyfriend does sound very sweet! I would try and hide that list from him and only show him a few sections at a time...mostly just when has been bad
9.gif

He is a definite sweetheart :) would not trade him for the world :D

Thats a good idea :) though, wonder if it will work
31.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results