shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me some Van Craeynest!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
and now, drrrrrum rolllllll... after at least two years, probably 10 changes of diamonds, two custom settings and much moolah, I have decided on this!!

DSC01143_2.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock

DSC01142_3.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
but in all yellow gold, and with a matching band, just slightly curved to fit. Here's a pic of the band but it's not a curved one.

DSC01163_2.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Well if you''re still with me, well done! I hope you enjoyed the pics and I can also zoom in more for more detail on any of them if anyone wants.

I have to say that I just adore this work and hope it will be around for a long time.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I am still with you! My husband keeps saying "I thought you said you were going to bed..."
but I was glued to your show!
30.gif

I love what you picked - it is AMAZING!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 11:46:38 PM
Author: iluvcarats
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thank you for posting these!

Everything is so gorgeous!

I am getting a VC ring for my birthday and I am soooo excited!

You are right, Larry is a doll

iluvcarats, you snuck a post in, in the middle of my storm of posting! You are welcome, it was a treat to be able to play in Larry''s sandbox for a while. He IS a doll... now which ring is it you are getting for your birthday?

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 11:57:55 PM
I am still with you! My husband keeps saying ''I thought you said you were going to bed...''

30.gif

aww thanks!!! I wish I knew the blushing emotie! I do have a couple more rings I will post tomorrow. My brain was getting tired!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 11:58:49 PM
Author: angeline

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

iluvcarats, you snuck a post in, in the middle of my storm of posting! You are welcome, it was a treat to be able to play in Larry's sandbox for a while. He IS a doll... now which ring is it you are getting for your birthday?
This one. The diamonds will be set in platinum, but the sides will be yellow gold.
But my birthday isn't until July
39.gif

Actually it is mother's day/ b day present

van craeynest ring.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:00:09 AM
Date: 3/23/2009 11:57:55 PM

I am still with you! My husband keeps saying 'I thought you said you were going to bed...'

30.gif

aww thanks!!! I wish I knew the blushing emotie! I do have a couple more rings I will post tomorrow. My brain was getting tired!

I am so excited for you!
Your set is absolutely gorgeous!
I can hardly wait to see it, so I can't even imagine how you feel!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:04:05 AM
Date: 3/23/2009 11:58:49 PM

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

iluvcarats, you snuck a post in, in the middle of my storm of posting! You are welcome, it was a treat to be able to play in Larry''s sandbox for a while. He IS a doll... now which ring is it you are getting for your birthday?

This one. The diamonds will be set in platinum, but the sides will be yellow gold.

But my birthday isn''t until July
39.gif

Actually it is mother''s day/ b day present

I LOVE that ring! Yummo! I have a shared prong eternity and I was just thinking today...hmmmm... maybe I could get the stones reset into that ring!

Yikes, July is a long way away
6.gif
what torture waiting!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I know
39.gif

And I am the most impatient person on the face of the planet!
But it will be worth the wait I am sure!
It will be my first VC piece, and I am just so excited to have one.

I think you may be my PS soul sister.
I have changed my setting 5 times.
I am so glad I am not the only one!
35.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:11:08 AM
I know
39.gif

35.gif

Ha! I''m glad I''m not the only one! Actually I think we''re in pretty good company here
2.gif
I know I''m so excited to have something in the works at last. I''ve gone round in circles for so long, my problem is that I like everything from antiques to modern German designers, and all styles in between.

I will have to go look up your ring now!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:20:17 AM

I know
39.gif

35.gif

Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Actually I think we're in pretty good company here
2.gif
I know I'm so excited to have something in the works at last. I've gone round in circles for so long, my problem is that I like everything from antiques to modern German designers, and all styles in between.

LOL
So many choices!
If I didn't love my husband so much, I would really start to think that Elizabeth Taylor had the right idea!

My "final" setting is the michael b. trois

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Angeline! Yippeee! Must digest...so many beautiful pieces...my eyes are so happy
9.gif

Your ring is gorgeous, just gorgeous.
30.gif
I am going to ask you more questions when I catch my breath. Pardon me for a bit, I am going to look at the pictures some more.
30.gif
I will return later to discuss, but right now...yippeee!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:32:20 AM
Date: 3/24/2009 12:20:17 AM

I know
39.gif

35.gif

Ha! I''m glad I''m not the only one! Actually I think we''re in pretty good company here
2.gif
I know I''m so excited to have something in the works at last. I''ve gone round in circles for so long, my problem is that I like everything from antiques to modern German designers, and all styles in between.

LOL

So many choices!

If I didn''t love my husband so much, I would really start to think that Elizabeth Taylor had the right idea!

My ''final'' setting is the Michael b. trois.

I found your gorgeous ring/s. You have a wonderful collection. Did I mention that I love Michael B too? I mean who wouldn''t
9.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:40:38 AM
Author: AnitaT
Angeline! Yippeee! Must digest...so many beautiful pieces...my eyes are so happy
9.gif

Your ring is gorgeous, just gorgeous.
30.gif
I am going to ask you more questions when I catch my breath. Right, I am going to look at the pictures some more.
30.gif
I will return later to discuss, but right now...yippeee!

Hee hee so sweet! You are very welcome Anita, I''m glad your eyes are happy. Mine sure were today! Enjoy!

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:45:20 AM

Hee hee so sweet! You are very welcome Anita, I''m glad your eyes are happy. Mine sure were today! Enjoy!
Did I hear right...there are a couple more pieces for tomorrow? Ah, the fun continues! Thank you so much for sharing!

Tell us more about your set when you get a chance. Okay, going to feast my eyes on the lovelies a little more ...
9.gif

luckylux

Rough_Rock
Angeline, thank you for all the wonderful pictures. I love your choice, that is one of my favorite Van Craeynest rings! I love the flowers, and the little swirls and ridge on the side. Did you take a ton of pictures of this ring? Please, post more if you can!
18.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to thank you too. Your pictures were gorgeous. I LOVE the setting you chose, OMG it is so beautiful. I can''t wait to see your gorgeous ring when it is finished. Please, please post a lot of pictures.

Linda

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Love, love, love the show!
thank you! going back to see it again.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is SO exciting.....your ring is AMAZING!!!!
30.gif

Lori

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:44:19 AM

I found your gorgeous ring/s. You have a wonderful collection. Did I mention that I love Michael B too? I mean who wouldn''t
9.gif

Thanks Angeline!
When are your rings going to be ready?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow! When things slip off the main page, I miss them. I just wondered what had happened on your trip to VC and had to go back a few pages to find this!

The rings are beautiful, and thank you for asking him about a cross for me! The size of that one would be perfect, but it is hard for me to visualize what else they would do to the surface of it. It is hard for me to buy something of which I haven''t seen the finished piece!

I can''t wait to see your rings! They will be magnificent! I am going to have to get something from them. This is the one designer that I still truly love after all this time!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question for you. I might even like to just get a 917 band because I love it and could wear it as an alternate wedding band. But it looks so much shinier in yellow gold and more dull in platinum. Was it that way in person?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 11:53:26 PM
but in all yellow gold, and with a matching band, just slightly curved to fit. Here''s a pic of the band but it''s not a curved one.

aaahhhh!
30.gif

angeline--that''s going to be so gorgeous in all yellow. I''m thrilled for you! Thanks for the pic show--sigh--love VC. I''m so enamored of yg right now--can''t wait to see this finished ring!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
luckylux, linda, swimmer, lori - I have more pics and am trying to get the time to get to the ''puter! My Mom arrived from Australia yesterday so I have been frantically cleaning the house, making up her room etc.. will get some more up tonight.

iluvcarats - Larry said my ring would take about 3 weeks, he would put a rush on it, the sweetheart! So I''m thinking that''s about 2 more weeks
36.gif

ds2006 - I know, that cross was a bit nondescript like that. I too hate buying things where I can''t see the finished product.

I also agree about the plat vs yellow gold. The plat always looks duller when it''s carved up like that. The yg can look duller too when it has the rose (or antiqued) finish which adds the contrast. I like the bright finish, Larry said that tarnish would eventually give the definition to the carving.

So yes the plat is definitely duller in real life than the bright finish yg, but not than the rose finish yg. If you KWIM.

coati - Thank you! It was a bit of a gamble going all yellow and not having even the plat basket... but I just love the contrast of yg and the white diamond. And it does look better with my skin tone and just so warm and rich looking to me. I love it too. Larry also said that from an authenticity point of view, the older pieces were generally all one or the other, not mixed metals. I don''t know if this was meant in general of just of older VC pieces, or dies.

Oops little one calling, gotta go! Post you all later!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my VC 951 ring. This is the only photo I have, thanks to my wonderful DH and his cell phone.

Lori

lwwvc951ring.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 12:49:00 AM
Author: loriken214
Here''s my VC 951 ring. This is the only photo I have, thanks to my wonderful DH and his cell phone.

Lori

Lori, I LOVE the 951 set. You really need to get some better pics for us! Pretty please???

luckylux

Rough_Rock
I am so happy to see so many Van Craeynest projects in the works
36.gif
. Here is my ring which I received last month. I originally had a 3 stn ring which was damaged. After two costly attempts to fix it, I decided I just needed to reset, and this time I wanted to go local. I saw EdL''s VC thread and fell in love with the fleur de lys head. When I went to the VC website I was happily surprised to see they were located in SF, across the bridge from me.

IMG_2306crop (600 x 366).jpg

luckylux

Rough_Rock
The ring is variant of the 483. Here is the top view. When I first got the ring I was bothered that the sidestones were not tilted to follow the curve of the band. I did not specify that to Larry, so that was my fault. The fleur de lys took me by surprise as well- it is chased. I''ve really come to love the contrast.

Iluvcarats and Angeline, I can''t wait to see your finished rings!

IMG_2257crop (600 x 320).jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results